2022 Cardinals MLB Game 112 thread – Friday, August 12 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 112 thread – Friday, August 12 vs. Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Arenado crushes one!!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Nado with the solo tater! The big kids in the teeth of the order are rippin’ it tonight!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Indeed. Now let’s see if Pallante can provide an upgrade to what has been a weak spot on this club, middle relief.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Well, let’s see. Montgomery’s career with the Redbirds now consists of 11 IP with 9K’s, 3 BB’s and an ERA of, well…nothing!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Thought that ball was gone off the bat. Looked like O’Neill did not get a good read on it. Tough play, but it could have been made.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

It’s early, but Montgomery and Quintana are looking better than last year’s deadline duo of Lester and Happ.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Regroup and get a ground ball to an IF’er.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Nice!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Pallante wearing a number that has good vibes for pitchers.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Bike Mike…They sure are and I really enjoyed watching Lester work for the Redbirds during last season’s stretch run. Sure wish I hadn’t seen him work in Oct. of ’13…

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

One other comment about yesterday’s game. Yadi got the biggest cheers of any Cardinal. There was even a “Yadi, Yadi” chant going in his last AB, and then a standing “O” as he came in after that appearance.

The fans knew it was his last AB at Coors.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Not sure about Helsley going 2 innings here – we will see if that happens.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Yeah, I’m not too sure he’ll get the baseball for the 9th. Game may have to hinge on Gio. I’m not going to elaborate…

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

That’s real nice about Molina, Bike Mike. I’m gonna miss seeing him behind HP.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Do those who have been critical of bullpen management like Helsley pitching to the heart of the Milwaukee lineup in the eighth? Or would you have kept Pallante in or done what?

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Helsley laboring a bit in the 8th so likely it will be Gallegos in the 9th. I am never comfortable giving Geo the ball in a close game, but maybe we can pad the lead a little.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

T.O. Goldy and Nado for the home half. Got the right guys. It’d be nice to get a softer cushion this inning.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

This Suter has kind of a goofy delivery.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Man, thought O’Neill beat that one out. Close!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I dunno if Helsley was laboring. 16 pitches for three outs, including 13 strikes. Multiples over 100 mph.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Bike Mike…I would probably run Helsley out to work the 9th, but I’m an old guy. For instance, Sutter collected 36 saves in ’82. IP? 102.1 You probably know this, but if the Redbirds had the lead in 7th, Whitey handed the baseball to Bruce Sutter. And he was by no means the only closer that was used that way at that time.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Well, Helsley gets the baseball.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Yep, Helsley on for a second inning. Burning him for the next two, but you got to get ‘em when you can.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

It’s never easy. Never.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Wong with a rocket for a lead off single.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.