2022 Cardinals MLB Game 11 thread – Thursday, April 21 at Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 11 thread – Thursday, April 21 at Marlins

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jesus Sanchez promptly greets Brooks with a laser shot to right to tack on another one…..3-0 Bad Guys.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

I agree completely Wooster. The reason they went out and got Dickerson was for RH pitching. Let’s not overthink this.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Alright let’s get thing corrected now boys. The offense has been beyond brutal two games in a row

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Shucks! Pablo Jose Lopez Serra center stage yet once again, as we prepare commencement of inning #7 in a 3-0 Marlins ballgame.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Pugs send Oli a text that we all think Sosa should be playing over Dejong please. Be firm with your tone.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Sanchez just smoked one. 3-0. I guess I picked a bad night to tune in for my first one. Maybe they’ll come back late.

The shrimp fettuccini was good, except it had no fettuccini. Wife used zucchini “noodles” instead since she’s on a keto kick. Zucchini in garlic, onions and ghee is always a winner for me. I’m about to get some homemade ice cream churning, and probably will have some Sangue di Giuda before I go to bed. My sweet tooth needs attention every April 21st.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We better make this fellow work a little this inning or he’ll be doing another encore in the 8th…..and we don’t want that.

A din-din truly fit for a king, Euro…..glad you’re back! Your birthday today?

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

At least Pujols is running up the pitch count.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

I guessing for a different reason..

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wouldn’t this really be a bummer for Miami….getting the two sterling starting performances that they received the last two nights…..and still get swept 3-3…..and in their own yard. Come on boys, let’s rally late.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Wow Yadi looks reeeeeeally old this year so far.

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Lopez carving up all these pull hitters. Attacking in. What’s worse is there are no adjustments being made. No 2-strike approaches are being taken. Even Poo-holes is taking 3rd strikes.

Not looking good defensively either. Bad game tonight so far.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Father Time is finally catching up to him, Hammer. He sure gave us a great run…..oh no! Shirley Chisholm Jr. just yanked a monster shot off Brooks, making it 5-0…..ouch that hurt!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Not my B-Day, Pugs. Just making excuses to indulge.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You nailed it SJeff…..and now Soler whacks a double and the Fish are using Brooks as their punching bag……get him out of there.

Yeah I thought your birthday was in October…..sorry, I forget Euro.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m not ready to panic about the batting order yet. It seems likely that Carlson is about to go on a tear and Edman cool off, so order will be restored anyway.

The only bats I’m worried about being gone are Yadi and Dejong. Paulie’s leash is sure to be getting very short.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Absolutely it did and it seems like overnight. The most glaring thing to me are his throws to second. They’ve looked awful.

I like Wittgren a lot. It’d be nice to see him as some success right here.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

Booyah asked:
    “Where is Woodford at? They throw VerHagen out there again!”

Yeah, and then Brooks. Woodford hasn’t pitched in a week and a half. Anyone have any idea what his injury is? I mean, it MUST be an injury, right?

Marmol was half crazy to not name Woodford his fifth starter coming out of Spring Training, but he couldn’t personally dislike Woodford enough to simply not use him at all, if he’s healthy. Right? Right?

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

All we heard on the radio was that Yadi was staying ready as the season was on hold. What we are seeing is an out of shape catcher who only had a few starts in spring training.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Well that and he’s super old at a position that no one gets old at anymore.

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Hammerfist,

Yea the Cardinals love catchers as far back as I can remember. We’ve had some good ones.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Absolutely my friend. And I’m going on record right now to say Herrera is the next great Cardinal backstop!!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Glad thats over with. Nado Tornado 3 for 4. Can he be our batting coach and play at the same time? Go Cardinals!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The spaghetti coma had me out cold early on but it looks like we stunk. Nowhere to go but up.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well we faced some tough pitching tonight. Their starter was just nasty. Hitting that inside corner with inside sink, best a righty can do is knock it in the ground. While I personally think pujols should be dhing more against righties, this wasn’t the right match up. They needed more left handers in there. Probably should have dh Dickerson and had nooty in for bader. Left handers have a better shot against that type of right hander but what do I know. Far as our pitching, well it’s why I’m not in favor of hicks starting. You know he’s not going to get many innings. Exposes some guys like verhagen. I’m not big on at all. Basically average on his best day. Brooks didn’t look great either but he was left out there too long. Where’s Woodford here. Tonight was the first night far as lineup and pitcher selection, that our manager wasn’t up to snuff.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.