2022 Cardinals MLB Game 11 thread – Thursday, April 21 at Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 11 thread – Thursday, April 21 at Marlins

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

5:40 p.m.
    RHP Jordan Hicks (1-0, 0.00) vs. RHP Pablo López (1-0, 0.87)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Ah, Hicks finally gets a start. I am very interested to see this one. I think he may be better than #5.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

I’m super excited to see Hicks also. No more than 2 innings I assume?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

2 innings???

WTF would they start a guy thats only going to go two innings? They better not be doing that. We have 20 games in 20 days so we can’t afford to go to the pen a lot even with an extra pitcher.

Din-din today is a Ribeye steak in the air fryer covered with olive oil, Chicago seasoning, and some A-1 sauce. And some jumbo crinkle cut french fries along with the last piece of Cherry Pie from the Amish restaurant. And a cigar. And while consuming all of this I will be watching the old 1950s science fiction movie “It Came From Outer Space” whilst Whitey Herdog sits on the couch with me trying to chisel me out of a few bites of steak.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would like to think that the plan would be about 60 quality pitches out of Hicks today. This is going to be a toughie, as Pablo Lopez is generally a beast when it comes to being the main man between himself and his team being swept. My brain says 7-4 Marlins, but my heart says 8-5 Cards. Take your pick.

Mighty fine din-din you have on tap there, Rat. But beware of your Chicago seasoning, especially if the seasoning originates from Chicago’s north side, where it leaves a taste in one’s mouth of stale ivy and sour grapes. I have din-din waiting in the wings consisting of smoked salmon, large wild shrimp cocktail, macaroni salad, Hawaiian rolls heavily laden in butter and some Welch’s grape juice to wash her all down the hatch with.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

I hope he goes longer but how long has it been since he went longer than 2?

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Four years ago today (2.1 innings) then in A ball where he started, and went 8 several times.

But he’s in a 55 pitch ‘toddler halter’ today (not allowed to say “leash” in case dgoold is lurking).

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

We can get 5 or 6 IP from Hicks and Woodford, and there are still two guys in the pen who haven’t thrown since Sunday (Whitley and VerHagen).

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I fear I will be busy making ZZZs tonight when this game goes down, but I hope I will be able to savor the only slightly stale 5-2 victory upon awakening Friday morning and setting out on the weekend grocery shopping trip. Hicks has yet to inspire an excess of confidence, but one can always dream that hard throwing is enough.

In anticipation of the aforementioned Cardinal reeling in of the fish to seal the sweep, Madame CiF and I will enjoy a succulent rabbit cacciatore (much like the better-known chicken cacciatore, only, as you might suspect, with rabbit), accompanied by potatoes boiled in their jackets and a tomato and onion salad. No dessert Friday, in hopes of something decadent on Sunday.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You just whacked a standup triple with that delectable din-din of your’s, Cardinal In France. If only you would have had one of your CIF patented desserts in the mix, you most certainly would have touched them all. Nice seeing you get back into full swing. If Hicks can just go 4 innings strong, Woodford should be in position to register the “W”. But let’s keep in mind that this Pablo Lopez fellow could very well put his “A” game front and center tonight.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Carlson
    Goldy
    O’Neill
    Arenado
    Pujols DH
    PDJ
    Bader
    Molina
    Edman

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Spaghetti with salsiccia in the meat sauce. Toasted garlic bread. Spinach and egg salad.

I liked the look of Edman leading off, but ok, lets fry the Fish.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As a very quick aside, could the dressing on your spinach and egg salad be of the warm bacon variety, Bling?

Anyone else thinking strongly about O’Neill going yard tonight? How does he not yank one into the rafters on this fine Thursday evening?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The wife and I are going to a local steakhouse tonight but I should be home to catch the final three or four innings. I will most likely be having a small salad with honey mustard dressing, a large hamburger steak cooked medium, old school skillet potatoes, and a large diet coke. I am thinking a slice of lemon pie for dessert.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It is Pugs. My favorite. It will be both O,Neill and Albert, I had a vision.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Taking a gander at the out-of-town scoreboard……

Yankees down the Tigers at Tiger Stadium 3-0. Miguel Cabrera fails to reach 3,000 hits.

Mets down the Giants at Shea Stadium 6-2.

Toronto wins over Boston at Fenway 3-2.

The Indians down the WhiteSox 6-3 at Municipal Stadium.

The only late game out west tonight is Texas at Seattle.

And you guys are in error – tonight it will be Pauly Poo Goldschmidt getting off the schneid with his first dong of the year.

r/Esteemed Rat

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Pugs: Anyone else thinking strongly about O’Neill going yard tonight? How does he not yank one into the rafters on this fine Thursday evening?
    Nope

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Bader swung at two balls low and got himself out. Should have worked a walk there. Strike one was the pitch to hit but he took it.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Hicks with a 9 pitch first inning

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Pugs & CIF are taking this dinner game a little seriously. Any other night, their choices would be hands down winners. Pugs threw down the gauntlet with SMOKED salmon and is backing it up with shrimp cocktail. CIFs rabbit cacciatore sounds amazing. I’ll have to give it to Pugs for adding the shrimp 🍤 cocktail to a wonderful entree.

I am going to settle with pepperoni pizza and martinis.

As for lineup construction, if Marmol was chosen because he is going to use stats, he needs to start paying attention to them and batting Edman at lead off and Carlson further down in the order while they are both in their respective streaks.

CarolinaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pitiful

858booyah
    Participant

Free

dodged a huge bullet there. Hicks might not hit 3 innings.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Infield didn’t support Hicks. Finally converted the 3rd ground ball.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

DeJong blows 2 plays in a row-allows bases loaded then a run scored Jeez wheres Sosa? Not far I hope! Din- din tonight is lamb/beef Gyro, French Fries and Fried Wings and Legs. I must say we’re all stepping up the meals now this week. Looks to me like Hicks has got movement on the ball but hes not working the edges of the zone. Can’t overpower them forever down the center of the plate!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yeah I kinda thought the wild(never buy the rubbery farm raised) shrimp cocktail would give me the leg up for top din-din honors tonight, but between Scotty, Bling, Wooster and Cardinal In France, I think I’m looking at about a 5th place finish. Sometimes simple is best…..love your pepperoni pizza martini combo, LACardFan. Now with Carter & JJ in the house, our boys should be poised to do some damage real soon. However, since burning the midnight oil last night, reviewing all of the tapes and doing my homework on Pablo Lopez, I became extremely troubled as to what he’s capable of on the hill. In this sort of a game, under these circumstances, Pablo Lopez is more that capable of flat shutting you down!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years