2022 Cardinals MLB Game 11 thread – Thursday, April 21 at Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 11 thread – Thursday, April 21 at Marlins

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Mr. Hicks wants to be a starter. He seems to be getting stronger here in the 3rd innings. It sounds as if they wanted him to toss about 50 heaves in this ballgame, but as I’m watching him here finish the inning, I’m thinking one more frame or about 65 pitches, would be just fine. Something tells me that his night is finished though. We mozzy on over to inning #4 in a 1-0 Marlin ballgame.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Wow what an encouraging performance for JH that was. I am beyond thrilled.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hicks at 45 pitches after 3 IP. Very good when you consider the extra pitches his D caused him in the second inning.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Where is Woodford at?

They throw VerHagen out there again! Hopefully no runners with anything more than Average speed get on 1st.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We’re going to have to find some way to get Pablo Jose Lopez Serra the heck out of this ballgame, so we can get on the scoreboard. Ideas anyone??

Steve60
    Participant

Free

This Dejong thing is getting so old! How many at bats do you need to see to k ow he can’t do it! I mean a steady decline for 4 years! 197 last year! It just makes no sense! Sosa has almost as many hits in one start than Dejong does on the other 11 games! Enough already! We have better options! Sosa or bring Gorman up and let Edmund play SS! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a surer out in Cardinal history! Let’s move on!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Booyah is correct…..enter one Drew Verhagen.

I hear you, Steve……a change must be made.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Agreed. Farm raised 🦐 is not the answer.

Let’s see if our bullpen can keep us in the game. Mr Lopez is @ 66 pitches, maybe we can run up his pitch count next inning.

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

I know its still early but our lead off hitter is batting .175 and our 9 hitter is batting .361… i think arenado needs to be in the 3 spot and edman should be leading off.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

VerHagen digging a hole

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Yes, our managers always seem to be challenged when it comes to statistics

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep, doesn’t make sense does it, JohnBrodie.

Get the pen in motion…..first two Marlins tattoo singles off Verhagen here in the 4th.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

These Marlins seem to be more fundamentally sound than in recent history.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mental mistakes by Bader are far too frequent. Appears he can’t overcome them.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What do you do with him, JJ?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

2-0 Fish on a Yadi passed ball…..his first of the young season.

And the one is all they get. Verhagen redeemed himself a bit that inning. 2-0 Marlins heading to the 5th frame.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

VerHagen has a knack for allowing base runners.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Pugs where’s the offense?? My goodness there are some anemic numbers in this lineup.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pablo Jose Lopez Serra has our hitters totally out of kilter, Hammer. He sets us down once again 1-2-3 here in the 5th and he’s right around 75 pitches. We should see just one more inning out of this guy…..thank God.

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

4 sub .200 and 1 flirting with it at .216 i feel like shildt is still managing these lineups and no one wants to hurt anyones feelings… our 9 hitter has 13 hits on season… our 1 hitter has 7 hits and has had more at bats… and i agree with above… i want to see sosa.. sick of playing someone because we are paying them… like we did with Carp..

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Probably not gonna happen for Pujouls tonight. They keep consistently pitching him inside. May be better to play LH Nooty and give him some swings. Seems like Nado Tornado and Edman are the only ones doing anything right now.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Apple TV+???! What the shit is that????!

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Lopez was at 66 pitches after 4 innings, now 86 after 6. Our hitters are keeping him in the game.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lopez unfortunately did not utilize many (10) pitches in a perfect 6th. He’s now lodged 86 offerings, which means we could possibly see his mug out there again in the 7th. Our only chance at victory is getting him the heck out of this game.

Apple treating you poorly, Hammer?

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

No that’s the only place you can watch the game tomorrow night. No Bally’s.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.