2022 Cardinals MLB Game 107 thread – Saturday, August 6 vs. Yankees

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 107 thread – Saturday, August 6 vs. Yankees

Viewing 21 posts - 76 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gallegos the ex-Yankee in.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gallegos used to throw a 12 to 6 wiffle ball slider. It’s rolling up there now.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

That should give him some confidence.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Beating the dirt now

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There we go! Taking the first two from NY is big…I don’t care so much that they were missing some pieces. So are we and it’s good to get the win. No let’s go finish the sweep tomorrow afternoon!!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Gallegos closes it out cleanly against 2, 3 and 4. Nice to see that.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Way to go Redbirds! Another good pitching performance! Go for the sweep tomorrow!

The two starting pitchers acquired at the deadline had good outings this week. Great work by the bull pen the last two nights.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

What a dinner (err…supper) and what a winner. A series winner! Great day for all!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Can’t beat the good teams eh? May have been true before the deadline. Now I like our chances.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Gino looking like a bug leaguer tonight. It’s a winner! Great team effort. Our pitching only gave up 2 hits! We had 5 and still generated some movement on the base paths. Looking good. Go Cardinals!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Reds leading the Brewers 6-3 in the 8th at County Stadium.

Might we be all alone in 1st place after tonight?

Stay tuned though, it is still the Reds.

UPDATE: It is now 7-3 Reds in the top of the 9th.

CLARIFICATION: It is ketchup, not catsup.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Even though the Yankees have lost both games, they have to be feeling pretty good about themselves. They’ve proven that they can at least hang in there with us. Now let’s complete the sweep tomorrow and then sweep them again 4 straight at the end of October.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Winners win games like that.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Brewers lose.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Even though we are still technically in the dog days of summer, which ends August 11th, Milwaukee is toast. The division is ours for the taking.

1982 willie
    Participant

Had grandson so didn’t get to watch tonight. But seemed like a great pitching performance by both squads. Might as well as finish the sweep tomorrow.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Why did the pull the new starter after only 5ip and only 80+ pitches? Didn’t get to see game

GameCard
    Participant

Free

He had leg cramps in the 5th but finished the inning.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ok. Best news I could have heard as my mind immediately went to the arm/shoulder.

Oliver
    Participant

Free

Good job Monty

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just got to watch video of Gio. He had his movement from 2020-2021 on his slider tonight. I don’t know if he just decided to chance it with some goo or something because it would not be called in a big TV game or what but he really had that amazing break on his slider from when he was first traded. I hope he can keep it up in the future. These wins we are getting right now may be bigger than any disciplanary action. Anyway, still a huge fan of the deadline deals for Quintana, Montgomery, and not trading Carlson, Walker, Wynn, and more for Soto.

Viewing 21 posts - 76 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.