2022 Cardinals MLB Game 107 thread – Saturday, August 6 vs. Yankees

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 107 thread – Saturday, August 6 vs. Yankees

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:15 p.m.
    LHP Jordan Montgomery (StL debut) vs. RHP Domingo Germán (1-1, 6.39)
    FOX // KMOX // WIJR

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Anxious to see our new southpaw in action. I figured us to take 2-3 in this series, but if we can take these guys down again tonight, Bling and Wooster can get out their brooms, walk out their front door and start waving them around like madmen. It’s Saturday night…..a night in which Cardinal In France generally concocts something extra special for din-din. So there’s almost as much anticipation there as for tonight’s first pitch. My din-din on this fine Saturday is shaping up to be red snapper over a bed of wild rice, asparagus spears, red potatoes, deviled eggs and a heaping bowl of Breyer’s chocolate ice cream with a gob of Planter’s salted peanuts mingled in and with a healthy splash of milk. Then you kind of mix it all up for maximum eating pleasure.

bccran
    Participant

We beat them last night with their best starter on the mound. Beat up their bullpen a bit. Hope we score a 6 pack tonight.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

German is only 12 IP into his season after missing most of the first half. I like our chances in this one.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Lineup still needs an upgrade or two. I think there are enough pitchers to have a staff without any glaring holes….. But only 3-4 guys hitting over .250.

A couple of farmhands may need to get early auditions.

bccran
    Participant

If O’Neill, Carlson, Gorman, DeJong, and Edman are hitting up to their abilities, this has the potential to be a very dangerous lineup.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

If O’Neill, Carlson, Gorman, DeJong, and Edman are hitting up to their abilities, this has the potential to be a very dangerous lineup.

Yes, it does.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Me too!

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I’m going with a buddy to the Cubs and Marlins afternoon game today, and I love any and all baseball, BUT over 104 “heat index”. Anyone want to put over/under bets on how many half innings I stay? Vegas has it at 1.5, I’m taking the under!

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

You won’t be watching Andrelton Simmons manning SS for the Cubs. He was designed for assignment this morning. Would he be a good remaining of this year depth piece for SS? Doubtful but asking the board.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t think we need anyone else for SS at the moment but we might consider another depth piece for CF. Wasn’t Jackie Bradley Jr. recently DFA’d? He might make a good late inning defensive replacement.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Who would Jackie Bradley jr be replacing. Defensively he’s not better than O’Neil, Carlson, and as well as noot has been playing, I’m not sure him.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

On those guys hitting up to their abilities, I agree with all except DeJong. His ability is pretty much a little below league norm, so he is not going to provide a lot even if he approaches his ability.

Big hit last night which was great to see. But he is not going to go all “Matt Carpenter.” Carp had great seasons in the past, and some sustained success so the ability was there. DeJong has never really been very good, other than his first year, but he has not been able to keep that going. At least he can pick it at short so he is not a total waste of a roster spot.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Me and Whitey Herdog will be tuning in to FOX tonight for the game. Along with a couple of cigars during the titanic battle as well.

Din-din today was a center cut rib chop in the air fryer, some Aces High Sweet Corn, a Pepsi, and a piece of Chocolate Cream pie from Lakeview, the Amish restaurant. Katie, the 19 year old hottie that works there, boxed it up for me.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Who would Jackie Bradley jr be replacing. Defensively he’s not better than O’Neil, Carlson, and as well as noot has been playing, I’m not sure him.

He wouldn’t be replacing anyone as a starter which is why I said late inning defensive replacement. I don’t know if Noot is much of a CF or not and O’Neill is a leg injury waiting to happen. Do you want him sprinting around out in CF?

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well you said he would be a defensive replacement late innings so I’m just wondering who he would be replacing. Noot is the only one he might be better than though I don’t know, what I’ve read about him has his defense slipping. Far as insurance, maybe but we are paying Dickerson for that. I don’t know what he is owed but I’m assuming we wod be picking up that.

wagee12
    Participant

Is Donavon hurt. He is hitting .285. That is 145 points higher than a guy that is starting on the infield.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They aren’t paying Donovan that much

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Would have been a interesting question if dejong hadn’t got the hit. You have two left handed batters on bench. But this time dejong came through.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Once again I’ll be deep into Never-Never Land (Jamais-Jamais Pays) when this game gets underway, hoping that our birds are fully awake and ready to pound those Yankees fiercely. In preparation, the Cifs consumed broiled strips of duck breast, potato pancakes and peas for din-din, finishing off with some luscious strawberries. On the subject of din-dins, for a long time now I have wanted to ask Rat what’s a center-cut rib chop? From what kind of beast? Beef? Pork? Lamb? Is that like a filet steak? I’ve never been sure.

Rah Cardinals!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    2. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    6. Corey Dickerson (L) DH
    7. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    8. Yadier Molina (R) C
    9. Lars Nootbaar (L) RF

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well you said he would be a defensive replacement late innings so I’m just wondering who he would be replacing. Noot is the only one he might be better than though I don’t know, what I’ve read about him has his defense slipping. Far as insurance, maybe but we are paying Dickerson for that. I don’t know what he is owed but I’m assuming we wod be picking up that.

We can probably get by with what we have but if Carlson had to go on the IL or something I am not sure we have a good everyday replacement for CF. O’Neill can do it but he is very injury prone.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free
    bccran
    Participant

Din din tonight will be Yankee Fish Cakes. Go Cards!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yankee fish(haddock) cakes……I love those, Cranny. I bet Rat’s ribs are pretty sweet too. I still put catsup on pork chops and ham. When I was a kid, catsup went on almost every meat…..steak, chicken, turkey…..you name it. But the one meat that I’ve never put catsup on are hot dogs. And speaking of hot dogs, those of you who still have not tried Applegate hot dogs, have no idea what you’re missing. It’s the only hot dog that I could eat a few of them….all by themselves.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years