2022 Cardinals MLB Game 105 thread – Thursday, August 4 vs. Cubs Game 2

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 105 thread – Thursday, August 4 vs. Cubs Game 2

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs not in the GT is like watching a game with the volume muted.

You’re too kind, JJ! Just arrived back home from an extremely long day at the salt mines. Nice comeback in game 1…… let’s complete this sweep and find ourselves perched high atop the National League Central standings and then never look back……or more aptly put “never look up”.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe Oli didn’t want the old man scolding him Wooster 😋

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 6. Michael Rucker center stage, as Al Leiter Jr. has departed.

O’Neill blisters a hotshot grounder…..ticketed for left field but Nico Hoerner makes a tremendous backhand stab and fires a strike to 1st base to just barely nip the fleet footed Redbird left fielder…..that my friends was an “OH WOW” play to the 10th degree.

DeJong walks……unusual seeing Paulie on the receiving end of two consecutive free passes.

Yadi smokes a liner past Wisdom at 3rd base and into left for a hit….. O’Neill will have to slap on the brakes at 2nd.

Nooty flies out to short left and both base runners will have to stand pat.

Carlson grounds out meekly to 2nd base to retire the side.

Cards 2
    Cubs 1

Wooster
    Participant

Free

We’re leaving base runners all over the place. Maybe it’s some kind of a record?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

RatsBuddy is going to throw a royal fit…..Hicks walks the leadoff Cub here in the top of the 7th.

Hicks is now 2-2…..faced two batters and has accrued two walks.

Hoerner’s infield grounder results in Cub runners on the corners with 1 out now . Then Hoerner promptly steals 2nd base to decrease the odds significantly of a Cardinal double play.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We’re leaving base runners all over the place. Maybe it’s some kind of a record?

Hey Wooster. Our good friend Skippy and all of the fine folks over at the esteemed Elias Sports Bureau have all called it a day. But if you like, I will pose that question to them first thing tomorrow morning.

*The Cards have thus far stranded 8 over 6 innings of play. As terrible as that is, something tells me it is not record breaking material.

1982 willie
    Participant

Cubs just got screwed. That ball was fair and they called it foul. But oh well lucky us

Steve60
    Participant

Free

Is Jordan Hicks ever gonna learn to throw strikes? My son played against him twice in Houston and beat him both times basically by telling the 5-9 hitters to stand in the box and hope for a walk, which they got at least half the time! What bothers me is he was exactly the same pitcher then he is now!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cubs get a run to tie it.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Thats soo funny Steve60! They’re driving me crazy again. Box says 15 lob and 0for 7 rips. Guess they want to come from behind?

1982 willie
    Participant

Well we got a new game now, but Cardinals threatening. Can we score here? Going to be up to Gorman if so

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Ha, just signing on here but have been watching the last couple innings. Expected to see Rat having a fit here, but I’m sure he is somewhere. Hicks is Exhibit A that great velo does not equal good pitching — not even decent pitching. Some guys have lively arms but can’t pitch worth a damn.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 7. Kervin Castro on for Chicago.

Edman grounds it past a diving Madrigal and out into right field for a base hit…..way to go Tommy Boy!

Edman easily swipes his 22nd base of the year.

Goldy on 3-2 walks……he was down 0-2 in the count.

Arenado bounces it out to Hoerner at short and this has 2 written all over it….flips to Madrigal for one and over to Swindell’s waiting mitt at 1st to complete the twin killing.

Gorman on 3-2 walks as Redbirds are now perched on the corners with 2 down.

O’Neill cranks a deep drive to left……back back and bombs away baby!! Gone for a 3 run blow to propel the Cards into a commanding 5-2 advantage.

DeJong strikes out swinging.

Cards 5
    Cubs 2

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Meant to post this earlier.

1982 willie
    Participant

O’Neil hits a 3 run bomb

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Way to go Tyler!!

Come on bullpen let’s close this game out. Gallegos and Helsley both pitched in game one. Who is going to finish this game? Cabrera and Pallante?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

O’Niel 3 run dinger! Finally broke the ice! Don’t know if you noticed but Nado absolutely attacked the ball in his at bat. Goldy said hes intense. We are lucky to have him. Been waiting for O’Niel to get a big one myself!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

PugsleyAddams wrote:

RatsBuddy is going to throw a royal fit…..Hicks walks the leadoff Cub here in the top of the 7th.
    —————————————————————————————————

Once again Rosenthal, I mean, Jordan Hicks proves he cannot throw the ball over the plate. His two walks led to the tying run and was very close to being more.

Send that guy back to Memphis until he learns to throw strikes! He’s an accident waiting to happen! Can the rest of the world not see this?????

r/Esteemed Rat

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Turned on for the Gorman AB ready to say Im a jinx and THEN!

So I put on the reverse jinx…huh?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Genesis ( properly pronounced “Hen-a-sis” ) “Cabby” Cabrera on for St. Louis here in the 8th. In Cabby we can trust ladies & gentlemen.

Carter in the house…..How cool is that!

Cabby can pitch both innings, Scotty.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

OMG a miracle just occurred! Cabrera just pitched a 1,2,3 inning! We are truly on a roll!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow! I don’t think I’ve seen a quicker half inning as this one. Well done Cabby!

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

PUGS: Carter in the house…..How cool is that!

How’s it going Puggie?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 8. The southpaw Dermody on for Chicago.

Yadi strikes out swinging.

Nooty walks.

Carlson rips a liner into center for a base hit and Nooty will motor around to 3rd….and Carlson has notions for two…..he slides….safe! Boy was Dylan quite the magician on that play…..hits a routine single and PUFF!…..turns it into a double.

Edman whacks it to left field and it’s headed towards the wall for extra bases….in trots Nooty with Carlson nipping at his heels with another Cardinal run and it’s now 7-2 Birds on the Edman two run double.

Goldy hits a sinking liner to center that Morel races in to make a nice catch.

Arenado is intentionally walked.

Donovan lines out to Madrigal at 2nd.

Cards 7
    Cubs 2

Was just missing my old buddy Carter until he finally decided to pop in…..I almost feel compelled to run right out and buy a wad of lottery tickets.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Grand daughter working the GDT Pugs?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.