2022 Cardinals MLB Game 105 thread – Thursday, August 4 vs. Cubs Game 2

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 105 thread – Thursday, August 4 vs. Cubs Game 2

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m.
    RHP Dakota Hudson (6-6, 4.10) vs. RHP Marcus Stroman (3-5, 3.99)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

Note: Instead of Hudson, Jose Quintana will make his St. Louis debut. LHP Sean Newcomb (0-0, 16.62) is the updated starter for the Cubs.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bumping this up. Tonight’s game.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I thought Stroman was pitching Game One in the afternoon today?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

A win in this game and the Cards will re-take first place.

Starting pitcher update made above.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    2. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) DH
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Albert Pujols (R) 1B
    6. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    7. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    8. Yadier Molina (R) C
    9. Lars Nootbaar (L) RF

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Nice late comeback win in the opener. That is the kind of game the good clubs get during the season.

Still think bringing DeJong back and trading Sosa could come back to haunt us. DeJong’s struggles are not just this year. His career has been one of a steady decline. I just don’t think he is very good offensively – a classic AAAA guy.

But we will see – hopefully I am wrong about him, or we see a successful DP combo of Edman-Gorman.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Nice line-up.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hope DeJong is successful but have no faith in that happening. Like Carpenter, he needs to be in a different system, IMO. That said, it is right for Mo to trade a player that Marmol will not use and I wish Sosa the best.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Good comments bling. Yep, I agree. Similar to Sosa is Woodford. I think he could help the big club, but if we are not going to bring him up then some other club could undoubtedly use him.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think the best case scenario for Dejong is that he hits similarly to how he did in Memphis, then gets traded this off-season. I think the Cards will need either a middle infielder or a center fielder, along with some pitching help and probably a catcher in the off-season so it should be interesting to see where they go.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

What’s the weather like in St. Louis? It’s rainy here in SW Indiana. Assume this game will have no problems moving forward tonight.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Arenado might be a pull hitter 😉

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Boy we sure did spring back in the 1st inning. That should give Quintella some confidence. My bets on us winning tonight by 4! Nado sends Goldy home with a dinger!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs not in the GT is like watching a game with the volume muted.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rat, the weather here should be no problem tonight.

I was on my own for din din so it was a bowl of chili with a fried egg on top, tomato cucumber salad from the garden and giant green olives stuffed with a garlic clove. Ice cold adult beverage.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The new guy looks pretty good.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

20 GS, 40 ER and 103 IP. Jose had a good first half.

1982 willie
    Participant

On a sad MLB note but not cardinal related, the wife of the Arizona Diamondbacks gm died today of a rare form of cancer. Pretty young just 45, sad to see.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

I hate to see people go young too Willie. Got to make the most of every day.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

On this game it’s time to tighten up. 2 innings in a row now with runners on first and second killed by infield double plays with only one out. Rather see em strike out than keep doing that. C’ mon man!

1982 willie
    Participant

Quintana has pitched great but its the cubs so I’m not excited yet.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

No joy in mudville Casey done grounded out. Thats one more BLD on you know who?

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

I sure would like to know why players just don’t hold the bat out there at an angle…. on exaggerated shifts. It’s just like bunting…. but not using the stance as a bunter.

Just let the ball contact the bat….. and that’s enough to advance the runners.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lefties Gorman, Donovan and Dickerson were all available to PH for Pujols vs the righty Leiter. Questionable.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Jj- I’m with you they changed to a rh pitcher and we get bases loaded . So is that just lazy or what to not go to a lh bat. Never would of seen that in the old days. We’re only one run up and we play like this games already decided.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.