2022 Cards MLB Gm 104 thread – Wed, Aug 3 vs. Cubs – Resch to Thu afternoon

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cards MLB Gm 104 thread – Wed, Aug 3 vs. Cubs – Resch to Thu afternoon

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m.
    RHP Miles Mikolas (8-8, 2.86) vs. LHP Justin Steele (4-7, 3.86
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

Game time is now 12:15 pm Thursday. Cubs starter will be RHP Marcus Stroman (3-5, 3.99).

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

The Cards more than ever need to win the division. The Phillies got a lot better at the deadline, and as a reminder, have the tie breaker over the Cardinals.

Winning the division gives them the first playoff series at home. Most importantly, it could help keep Arenado around…. he’s pretty darned good.

Side note, the blacked out game thing is crap, had to watch on the Firestick last night and only had to refresh a few hundred times.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Phillies also have 11 games remaining against the Nationals, who just traded away their two best offensive players.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

LACard, exactly, and the Nats might now be worse than the Pirates, Reds and Cubs now.

How would the starters for a 3 game series line up now? Miles, Waino, Montgomery?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Brewers trading Hader is an interesting development. It is probably the smart move for them long term but I wonder what the guys in the clubhouse think about it. I wonder if the Crew could be deflated for a little bit. If so we need to take advantage of that.

14NyquisT
    Participant

It’ll be good not seeing TBD or undecided for the Card’s starter on the near future game schedule.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Higher up on this thread I asked about thoughts on the 3 starters for a playoff series, but when Matz comes back, will Hudson head to the pen, too?

Due to $ and guys given up, I can’t imagine it wouldn’t be Waino, Miles, Montgomery, Matz and Quintana.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Seeing the Hader trade I think they’re scared about him in the next few weeks. His magical seasons turned for the worse in the last few weeks. Given up some saves. Looks like they wanted to trade for somebody more stable right now. I don’t believe all that building for the future stuff. They want to win right now this year. So do we but we do have good up and comers.
    Go Cardinals!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

gscottar wrote:

The Brewers trading Hader is an interesting development. It is probably the smart move for them long term but I wonder what the guys in the clubhouse think about it. I wonder if the Crew could be deflated for a little bit. If so we need to take advantage of that.

Well, they lost to the Pirates last night. Maybe that’s an indication of things to come. Would be nice to see them hit a tailspin about now.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Our best shot at post season play is to overtake Milwaukee. Philly, though not having qualified mathematically……is in. San Diego, though not having qualified mathematically……is in. Our Birds trump the Crew with their offense, defense and with their closer. Milwaukee has the better starting pitching staff. So we should edge past them in the standings by season’s end.

I’m setting the over/under at 5 runs scored for the entire 3 game series for the Cubs. We definitely have to sweep these guys for clipping us 2 out of 3 games during their last visit to St. Louis. What’s for din-din tonight? 3 medium poached eggs (drenched in butter) over 2 pieces of white toast, crisp bacon, sausage patties, diced potatoes and a very large bowl of Breyer’s chocolate peanut butter ice cream with salted Planter’s peanuts and banana slices mingled in for good measure.

I have nothing on the docket for this evening, so if any of you guys are going to be game threading it tonight, then count me in too.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

FYI here,

I watched the last 2-3 innings of the late game last night at San Diego between the Rockies and Padres. The homeplate umpire was Adrian Johnson. AND HE WAS HORRENDOUS! Pitches right down the middle were called balls. Both benches were yelling at him. Pitchers and catchers couldn’t believe some of the calls. It was the worst balls and strikes job of umpiring I have seen in a long, long time.

In my mind Adrian Johnson is now up there with Angel Hernandez and C.B. Bucknor as far as worst umpires are concerned.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Off and on rain starting soon in ‘da Lou. Possible flooding
    since we might be getting 5 inches of rain. I don’t think there’s going to be a game tonight. But then, you never know when it comes to the weather.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Doppler Radar shows a big pile of green stuff hitting the St. Louis area around 5:30 St. Louis time. This one will almost assuredly be delayed and a good chance of being postponed.

I am going out to mow the yard now since it’s supposed to rain here in SW Indiana tomorrow.

r/Esteemed Rat

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I see Edman still playing Pong up and down the lineup.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nootbar, since July 1st, has accumulated 54 PA’s and recorded a slash line of….

.364 / .463 / .636 / 1.099

That’s pretty darn good. Usually it’s Donovan as the only lefty bat in the lineup vs a lefty SP’r (Justin Steele), but Noot has earned it.

For his small sample size career vs mlb lefties (44 PA’s), Noot is a 108 ops+.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Starting to hear distant thunder here at the bling cave 10 miles SW of Busch.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pffft! Your last start was outstanding, now go to the pen!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thunder overhead now and some sprinkles.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not hearing thunder anymore. No significant rain has fallen.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Still no rain. Get out there you sissies.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Rain delay. Start time is TBA.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.