2022 Alex Reyes

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Alex Reyes

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Is pretty simple, imo. They built up arm strength and stamina by Pitching. Lots of Pitching. 8 innings- 9 innings. No 5 inning limits.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The reference is to Dr. James Andrews.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’d be curious to know if it’s true but the Cards seem to consistently be among the worst teams at handling the kind of injuries that guys like Reyes and now, Flaherty, have gone through. Whatever will take the longest and bring the least success is the route I expect they’ll take.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They are already dropping like flies.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mo had better have JA Happ and Wade LeBlanc on speed dial, assuming they are now healthy.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Not being able to communicate with the team?

1) These guys have the money to have access to top notch medical personnel & facilities all day long.

2) As far as communication? Heck, there are several ways to indirectly communicate with people even if we buy into that there was no talking going on between any player and any organization person – which I don’t. No one was monitoring cell phone records like this was a murder investigation.

Worst case throw a hint out on a social media platform….not ideal but gets the job done.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Totally agree. It’s about who is ultimately responsible for a player’s health. It’s not the owners or their organization. They are just there to help.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

ZTR and Mud, couldn’t agree more. It would be like any employer trying to dictate when one of us common folks go in for our annual physical. Didn’t one group use “my body my choice” at one point then flip it to “your body my choice” pretty recently? That’s not political, just a point that everyone controls their own body, shoulder, knee, ankle, arm, etc.

BrockLou
    Participant

Free

They will be using Reyes’ arm as a textbook case for medical school students for years to come. But that didn’t stop Schlidt from using him at a critical juncture of our last season. Gee, I wonder why he got fired, lol?

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

I actually thought Reyes was going to end up getting a handful of starts and really pitch well this year.

As the 4th or 5th guy the pressure wouldn’t be there like it was as a closer and he would be able to throw more controlled at 94-95 than he did at 97-98 and hopefully keep the walks down.

This sucks.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Reyes to the 60day IL — MLBTR

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Does that mean they are adding someone? 40 man roster hás go be full tô use the 60 day dl.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

Mlbtr-
    Aaron Brooks heading north with the team, had his contract selected. Prob the other shoe to Reyes transaction.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

After a throwing session this week, Alex Reyes has been shut down, Marmol told Jeff Jones – MLBTR

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sad to think of all the potential in that arm that looks like it will never be realized. Man, Reyes’ inability to stay healthy hurts. It seems like all the Cards’ big prospects have turned out that way lately.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Huge talent. Hopefully some day he gets healthy. Time moves swiftly.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

I hope he can get these injuries figured out and get healthy. Such a huge talent that’s probably going to be wasted. Crazy thing is he’s going to be 28 in August and the Cardinals can control him for just 1 more year after this year. With our luck recently, he will get healthy at the end of 2023 and leave as a free agent.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty with a bum shoulder is headed down the same path. Hoping for a miraculous healing is not a good player development strategy.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think it’s fair to question the Cardinals medical staff. Doesn’t it seem like we lose more time to injury than most, just about every year?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think the best conditioning strategy, might just be virtually no strategy. Whatever the Cards are doing, it’s simply not working. Maybe it’s best to go old school here and let the players run, stretch and lift free weights. No fancy smancy workout machines coupled with restricted diets. And then let them play and let them pitch, minus these strict pitch counts that transform these guys into babies. I’m not advocating pitching these guys’ arms off, but let’s toughen these players up some, shall we?

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

If you look at the all-time Innings Pitched list you have to go all the way to 115 before you find a Current Player. Greinke has thrown 3,148 Innings. Not all on that list were superstars. I always think back to a rotator cuff surgery. To rehab it you work it. Send the Pitchers to the Steve Carlton bucket of rice school.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25 asked:

I think it’s fair to question the Cardinals medical staff. Doesn’t it seem like we lose more time to injury than most, just about every year?

Not picking on you personally, stlcard25, as in my experience, most every team’s fans get frustrated about injuries.

The reality is that the Cards were in the middle of the injury pack last season, whether quantity of games lost or quality of players. I don’t subscribe to this site, but they have history info and different slices of the data.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am keeping an eye on McGreevy in particular as an example of a pitcher who was bubble wrapped his whole first year.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years