2021 Winter Warm-Up and Cardinals Caravans

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Winter Warm-Up and Cardinals Caravans

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s called boredom, BHC. No baseball news and gray January days in the Loo.

Participant

Free

bc, I really don’t care what they do with it. I never went to winter warm up and I won’t do the virtual, either. Watching the guys with their wardrobes or ranch or cooking isn’t something I would do. However, I am not going to dwell on it, either. If it fails, maybe they will go back to what was working before. I don’t get so caught up in what the players do off the field. I care about the team winning games.

Participant

Paid - Annual

You nailed it, Forsch.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I am reminded of when I tune in to the Olympics hoping to see a competition and they are running a puff piece about some obscure athlete’s home life back in the village. On the farm with Alf or whatever. I think the whole virtual thing is a hard sell, but the baseball related stuff may draw some.

Participant

Paid - Annual

The topics on baseball should be excellent topics, blingboy.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The flaw in the logic is the assumption that “My taste is everyone’s taste, or they are wrong.” Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors for a reason.

Participant

Paid - Annual

There is no “flaw”. And there is no “logic”. There are only statements that in the views (or opinions) of one or two posters the videos of baseball are the ones that are of the most interest to them. Other posters may have other interests. Sometimes there’s some erroneous deducing on here.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian. Well stated. I could use a scoop about now.

Participant

Paid - Annual

My wife says if I give her $20 I can look in her closet too. I needed a good laugh, but she said she was not kidding.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I know I only slashed .186/.325/.314/.639 in 2020, while playing in 50 games and being paid $6,623,457 (while millions upon millions of Americans lost their jobs or were being laid off in 2020), but on a positive note, come and see a video of what a great ranch I have!

Participant

Paid - Annual

cranny you went and reminded me of a disagreeable incident from last spring. My then 91 year old dad, may he RIP, needed a covid test due to possible exposure at his assisted living, but their in house nurse could not get any test kits. I was sitting with him in my car in an hour long line at Mercy clinic drive up testing in Kirkwood, him using a hand held hospital bedside urinal because he was 91, and we were listening to Mo telling about the testing regimen the Cardinals were putting in place. To keep players and their families safe. I am equally sure they will get their hands on vaccine before us little people too. But we can pay $20 to see their kool stuff. Is that what ‘tone deaf’ refers to?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Just seems strange after everything
    people have gone through in 2020 to have videos showing off players’ chic clothes and big Texas ranches. But that’s just one fan’s insignificant and humble opinion.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Then no one will sign up for those sessions and they will be failures, never to be repeated again. Or you will be proven wrong. Either way, why spill so many words over something so insignificant?

Participant

Free

bc, once again, I doubt the Cardinal player came up with the idea. Why are you giving him grief for agreeing to do something for charity? Remember, you don’t HAVE to pony up the $20. You can just ignore it. If you were giving the Cardinals grief or whoever is putting on the virtual winter warm up grief, I would understand. But you are not. You are putting the blame on the players.

Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s very insignificant during these boring gray days in early January with nothing of note new to talk about on the Cardinals front. Just disastrous news from D.C. So why do you waste your time responding and spilling so many words yourselves, BW and Forsch? Bored too?

Participant

Free

So to occupy your time and amuse yourself, you denigrate the players for agreeing to participate in a charity event. I got it now.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I really think chic clothes, ranches, and cooking have no place at Winter Warm Up. Sorry. Maybe you do, but I don’t. Please respect my opinion as I respect yours.
    I’ve been to many Winter Warm Ups and enjoyed all the break out seminars. All had to do with baseball or the Cardinals organization.

Participant

Free

You still don’t get it. You are blaming the players for something they didn’t come up with. That’s like me jumping all over Carlson for not getting to the ball faster when Bader makes a bad play by trying to catch the ball in the air that he had no chance to get to.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Forsch – it’s not a matter of me “getting it” or you “getting it”. I’ve said I respect your opinion. Let’s leave it at that. Okay?

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

This dead horse isn’t going to beat itself guys. It deserves a few more kicks.

Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s typical human behavior, BHC.
    Some people have to be “right” (i.e. “you don’t get it”, etc.) instead of just agreeing to disagree. Especially when it involves an opinion and not proof via facts.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Pot officially meets kettle… on hot stove that isn’t…

Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks for the compliment, Brian. Much appreciated on this
    Sunday afternoon. Always a pleasure to be on your forum……

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals Winter Warm-Up specials to air Saturday-Monday on FOX Sports Midwest

FOX Sports Midwest will air one-hour specials every day of the Cardinals Winter Warm-Up. Each show will be packed with interviews with current, former and future Cardinals, including Paul Goldschmidt, Dylan Carlson, Tommy Edman, Matthew Liberatore, Nolan Gorman, Lance Berkman, Allen Craig, David Freese and Jason Motte.

Scott Warmann and Erica Weston host, with analysis from Al Hrabosky and Brad Thompson. Dan McLaughlin, Jim Hayes and Weston conduct the interviews.

Cardinals Winter Warm-Up specials on FOX Sports Midwest
    Times Central | available in the Cardinals television footprint | streaming on FOX Sports GO

Saturday, Jan. 16 at 1 p.m. CT (replay at 7 p.m.)

Sunday, Jan. 17 at 1 p.m. (replay at 6 p.m.)

Monday, Jan. 18 at 1 p.m. (replay at 5:30 p.m.)

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This is a good addition to WWU, or perhaps better said, a return of what are usually annual topics. However, as of yet, I can find no info on the team website on days and times for these…

• Virtual Main Stage: Hear about the upcoming season and team insights from Cardinals executives, including Bill DeWitt III, Team President, John Mozeliak, President of Baseball Operations, Michael Girsch, VP & General Manager, Randy Flores, Assistant GM & Director of Scouting, and Gary LaRocque, Director of Player Development.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years