2021 Cardinals MLB Game 98 thread – Friday, July 23 at Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 98 thread – Friday, July 23 at Reds

• This topic has 59 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by jim.
Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well the umpire probably would have called those pitches strikes as well. That umpire involved himself too much in the game. If an ump is doing his job, you hardly realize he’s there. So just another reason for robot umpires. His calling made this an ugly game.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What we need is more managers calling out the umpiring going on in these games. I know they will be fined, heck I would be paying just to coach with this horrible umpiring. But as usual schildt doesn’t say nothing so nothing is going to change.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

If your pitcher cannot even throw the ball to 2nd base you deserve to lose.

If your infielder can’t catch that ball from Gallegos he shouldnt be in the big leagues. It was a poor throw but it should have at least been caught.

And if all you can do is strikeout all the time you dont deserve to win. O’Neill is back to his old self. DeJong is starting to strikeout again too.

This team is in trouble. Trust me when I saw this – THEY ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO WATCH ALOT OF THE TIME!!!

r/Esteemed Rat

David
    Participant

Free

What if GG made a good throw and Sosa turned 2, it’s still 5-5, but if GC is sent out for the 7th, is it not better odds we have a lead going into the 8th based on how he looked in the 6th so even if GG makes the bad throw.. they only score 1 run and we have a lead going to bottom of the 9th.

David
    Participant

Free

Schildt does not think. He manages by always hoping for the big inning when he should be thinking what gives the team the best chance of winning?

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Schildt is one of if not the worst managers in baseball….the guy is a clueless clown!

bccran
    Participant

Shildt started managing professional baseball players in 2009. Give him the players to go to war with, and he doesn’t lose 4/5 of his rotation and his closer, and he’s fine.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

We did the brew pub/food truck thing for dinner last night, so I did not see much of the game but got some updates on my phone. It cracked me up because one update went “Joey Votto scores on a wild pitch; the Reds tie the Cardinals 5-5”.

If that one simple update does not encapsulate the 2021 Cardinals I do not know what could be better. Right there you have the 2021 Cardinals in a few words – pitchers constantly giving away runs.

That has probably been the biggest single characteristic of this club. There are other issues – poor on-base production, injuries, a couple of guys having historically bad seasons and no one having an outstanding year.

But the pitching – all the walks, all the base runners. That has kept this team down more than any other part of the game. It’s a wonder we have even won half of the games. Get some guys who can throw strikes and not worry so much about velocity, and we are probably 10 games above .500.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not long ago I got poo pood for a comment to the effect walks would catch up to Reyes the same as Gant. I didn’t mention Gallegos, but same thing. It catches up with everyone even the it guy of the day. Guys who can put it over the plate will get hit around some but at least we have the chance to defend that. Its better than the radar gun guys giving it away.

jim
    Participant

Free

I don’t think Gallegos has been as effective since the gooey icky stuff spider tack crackdown. Team is lackadaisical from not knowing there are 2 outs to allowing a guy to walk on 3 balls, to the manager depleting all the position players by the 7th inning…

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years