2021 Cardinals MLB Game 98 thread – Friday, July 23 at Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 98 thread – Friday, July 23 at Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:10 p.m.
    LHP Wade LeBlanc (0-2, 4.31) vs. RHP Tyler Mahle (7-3, 3.93)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSO in TN, KY and MS

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Gotta reel in the Reds.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

“Lucky” LeBlanc always gives his team a chance for victory when he takes the hill. We owe these Reds…..oh we owe them terribly for how rudely they treated us on their last visit to St. Louis. I think “Lucky” is the man to exact a decent dose of revenge in Game 1 here. I’m calling this one 11-8 Birds.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Win this series and climb over the Reds into 2nd.

Still a long way to go to think about the playoffs either through winning the division or snagging the 2nd WC spot.

It would take a hideous collapse by the teams in front of us.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Castellanos is out for this series…. that should help us out.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Cleveland Guardians???

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The umpires sure didnt help the Dodgers in the game late last night against San Francisco. The Dodgers were leading 3-2 when two controversial calls both went against them in the top of the 9th. Either one could have ended the game.

First, the umpire calls the runner out on a force play at 2nd to end the game. It was bang bang, couldnt really tell. They review it and change the call to safe. Second, on a 3-2 pitch Darren Ruf checks his swing and the 1stbase umpire, on the appeal, says no swing for ball four. That would have ended the game but allowed the tying run to score. Dave Roberts came out and got tossed. The replay clearly showed he swung, no doubt about it.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cleveland Guardians???

I am reminded of Larry the Cable Guy’s Politically Correct Night Before Christmas. ““The gender neutral gift sacks were hung by the chimney with care in hopes that a non-denominational holiday figure would soon be there.”

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Yeah the PC stuff has gone way beyond ‘way too far’.

1% of thr population is dictating to 99% of the population how to speak,think, feel, and go to the bathroom.

Nothing derogatory about the name Indians. This won’t stop until the 99% stop caving….

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Crazy world we now live in, Bling. I was thinking the Cleveland Guardians may have been out of the old Negro League. I for one am sorry that Castellanos will miss this series. His mouth is even bigger than his bat, so this series win would have been extra sweet with him on the field.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was hoping they would revive the Spiders name from the 1890s. Somewhere I have some research into the ballpark they played in, along with a photo of a younger and skinnier me standing at the site.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    5. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    6. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    7. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    8. Andrew Knizner (R) C
    9. Wade LeBlanc (L) P

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It wasn’t but a few games ago that De Jong and Bader were batting 7th and 8th.

At least Shildt can recognize a hot bat and rewards them up the order.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Yeah, the Spiders would be a cool name.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The story of how the St. Louis Browns were responsible for the Spiders demise is an interesting bit of baseball history. After the St. Louis Browns’ (The N.L. franchise that would morph into the Cardinals, not the A.L. franchise) stadium at Vandeventer and Natural Bridge burned down, owner Mr. van der Aye went broke and brothers named Robison ended up the new owner. They also owned the Spiders and shipped all the Spiders’ good players, including Cy Young, to St. Louis, bringing about the decline and demise of the Cleveland team. As an aside, when the Robison brothers passed away, a niece Helene Britton became owner of the St. Louis Cardinals and the first woman to own an MLB team.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

My gut feeling is that either Goldschmidt or Arenado are going deep in this one. I just have that feeling. I hope I’m wrong and BOTH of them jack one.

Supper tonight will be some leftover Sloppy Joe and some of that Walnut Brownie mix. I just mix it up and eat the mix, I dont make the brownies. Yum yum. Along with some Welch’s Grape Juice and 2-3 cigars tonight. And as usual, me and Whitey Herdog will on the couch and tuning in to this one.

r/Esteemed Rat

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

I fear that we’ll get to the point where no sports team can be named after an animal or person or group of people, so no Chicago Cubs or Bears, no Cardinals, Seahawks, Cowboys, 49’ers and so on…then there’s always the old Washington Bullets that changed to the Wizards because Bullets was to violent of a name to some, wonder how long it’ll be before they try to get a new national anthem because the one we have now is so violent to some…

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rat, I felt kind of low eating various dubious leftovers last night. But I feel better about myself now. I would have at least attempted to cook the brownies. Or I have convinced myself that I would. Although the last time my wife was out of town I dined on sardines and green beans, both straight out of the cans.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

LeBlanc career vs. Cincy. 9 games, 3 of them starts. 2-0, 33.1 IP, 1.62 ERA. BA against .150, WHIP 0.870

ZTR
    Participant

Free

So, LeBlanc owns the Reds. Interesting.

Kinda like how Bob Uecker owned Sandy Koufax…

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Supper for me tonight is probably shells and cheese with cut up hot dogs mixed in…

Anyway though here’s hoping for a win tonight…

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader Tater
    Tied 2-2

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Nice job by Bader. He’s on a hot streak. Trade deadline coming up. There is a piece that could help get a bullpen arm.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

I made beef cutlets seasoned w montreal steak rub, spanush yellow rice and mixed vegetables slow cooked and simmered in melted butter. Yum-yum.
    Thats good stats for LeBlanc against Cincy. We need to keep the bats going tonight too. Cincy has higher bs’s than us in general.
    On the names thing I wonder why the Cowboys and 49ers haven’t gotten offended yet about their names being degraded!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nice snag by ONiel!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.