2021 Cardinals MLB Game 98 thread – Friday, July 23 at Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 98 thread – Friday, July 23 at Reds

• This topic has 59 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by jim.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

LeBlancs gettin lit up from hitting center-center zone. Gotta pitch on the edges

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Guessing a call to the bull pen is in order. LeBlanc’s pitch count getting up there!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards let Mahle off the hook. Bases loaded with one down and Mahle strikes out O’Neill and DeJong. Yikes!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Bases loaded and nobody can hit the ball? Would rather see somebody bunt one than whiff like that!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like Nolan forgot how many out there were. It all worked out and Reds did not score.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards making noise … first and third with no out. We need someone to drive in a run!

Knizner comes thru with a ground rule double driving in two! Cards lead 4-3.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Thats the way to do it!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Knizer making the most of his chance to play. Yadi night off!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Carlson snags one!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well just got sat down to watch game and see umpiring still is horrible. He called a pitch 5 inches off the plate a strike to bader, basically compelling him to swing at a ball even further off the plate this striking out. Rediculous, where is the commissioners big mouth when it comes to horrible umpires. Either start bringing in the machines or fire some umpires. I know they are union but so am I, the difference is I work my but off to do my job the best I can, these guys don’t. Time to go.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well helsley comes in and can’t get anybody out. Apparently the reds are pretty good against him, maybe not the best choice to be pitching him here.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Carlsons looking good again tonight. Helsley came in cold?

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well Dylan keeps it tied with a great throw.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Bad ju-ju Helsley and the Reds Willie!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well gallegos just makes a silly error. Getting his own self into trouble.

David
    Participant

Free

Fire Schildt ASAP. His late game management and how he handles a bullpen late in games is horrendous. Firing Schildt will be the best move The Cardinal Franchise has ever made. He needs to go.

David
    Participant

Free

Is Molina injured?

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Shildt needs to be fired on the spot. Bottom of the 9th and we have Wainwright pinch hitting. Game management.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is what makes this team hard to figure out. We come in off a good honest and,reds struggling without their best player and we don’t get job done. Doesn’t help that we had a horrible umpire but our manager can’t seem to manage the game Right.

David
    Participant

Free

Not only for that Willie but you have a 2 run lead and he brings in Helsley who has struggled in that Ballpark instead of sticking with GC who had only 5 pitches the inning before. Schildt needs to go.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Well we had 9 hits- they had 14 I think I remember being up 5 to 3 about 7th inning? Gotta hang this one on our bull pen. The extended strike zone in the upper outside corner didn’t help. I think the ump needs new glasses

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

You might think the skipper managed himself into a pickle when he has a pitcher pinch hitting with 2 outs in the 9th, down by 1 run. But then again, Adam had the best looking at bat in the inning.

Speaking of O’Neill’s and Arenado’s ABs in the 9th, let that be a lesson to all you young boys. If you have to lean your body at a 45 degree angle toward the plate while swinging and you still don’t come close to reaching the ball, then it might be just a bit outside.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Early we played well but it went down hill. I guess Yadi is hurt. He wouldn’t let his team down if he could help it.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Doesn’t help that we had a horrible umpire

I think the ump needs new glasses

Bucknor might be Exhibit A in the case for automated balls/strikes.

David
    Participant

Free

Yes Wooster the bullpen will be to blame but let me put you as Manger. Your team just took a 2 run lead..: GC comes in and gets a 1-2-3 inning on 5 pitches. His spot comes up in the order.. what do you do? What gives your team the best chance of winning? Keep him in the game or pinch hit for him with A 190 hitter who has struggled all season then replace him on the mound with a pitcher who the opposing team is 8/11 against. In my opinion this is on Schildt and once again his poor late management decisions

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years