2021 Cardinals MLB Game 93 thread – Sunday, July 18 vs. Giants

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 93 thread – Sunday, July 18 vs. Giants

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Dandy: Well, the Brits are not renowned for their cuisine. Any nation that espouses “bangers and mash” as a delicacy… That’s hot dogs and mashed potatoes.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson shot a grounder out of reach of the first baseman to the second base side, right to the second baseman who was on the grass back there. Excellent defensive placement by the Giants. Its hard to hit it where they ain’t when they know right where you are likely to hit it. I think a pitcher like Cleats Cueto can place the ball to encourage hitting into a shift.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CIF, all you need to know about British cuisine is fries are chips and chips are crisps.

I did have a traditional pub version of Kippers when visiting long ago. The kippered fish comes to the table butterflied and vacuum sealed in a pouch. A pot of boiling hot water is brought and you dunk the pouch in for a few minutes, then pull it out, open the pouch and enjoy. I do suggest having a few pints of pub brew before giving it a try.

1982 willie
    Participant

I would might have to have more than a few pints with that.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

CIF, worked with quite a few Brits in the Netherlands for a few years. It’s an understatement to say they are more fun to drink with than to eat with. Speaking of the Dutch, they’re another group that might be lacking in cuisine, although I still enjoy an occasional stroopwafel.

LeBlanc doing about as well as you could hope. I think it’s safe to say he was never a feather-footed gymnast ever watching him on the 3-4-1, but he got the job done.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

CIF, all you need to know about British cuisine is fries are chips and chips are crisps.

Yep, two nations divided by a common language. You could add to that a British biscuit is an American cookie, an American biscuit is a British scone, an American scone is not a British scone, etc.

What will it realistically take to for MLB to start using technology for calling balls and strikes? Clearly, having many creative umps who are very bad at it is not a catalyst.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well shildt probably tried to go too long with Leblanc. They had helsley up ready to go. Either he was bluffing or changed his mind. Personally I would have pinch hit and brought in helsley. Line up third time through too. Hmm. Maybe helsley can pull off a miracle here.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, LeBlanc exits with runners at the corners and nobody out in the 6th. He delivers 5 workmanlike innings. It is hard to argue much with the service he has given coming in as a dumpster dive guy. Now we get Helsley again.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well. LeBlanc gets the hook. Gives the bullpen an opportunity to show their stuff in a tie game.

All culinary commentary notwithstanding, the roast beef and Yorkshire pudding were delicious.

1982 willie
    Participant

Great job helsley, maybe the offense will get a jolt off that.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Another scary jam. Good job Helsley.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Got out of it, no damage. Wasn’t it me that’s been saying Helsley is great?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Great job Helsley. bling, I’m sure you have been singing his praises, but some guy with a bag over his head didn’t have the kindest words for him last night.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well that was a downer, we just can’t string hits together

1982 willie
    Participant

Well one out runner at third. Not really baders specialty but we will see

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Give Shildt credit for pulling Carp to have Rondon run.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well a little luck goes our way

1982 willie
    Participant

I think with speed here we should be running

1982 willie
    Participant

So let’s just stand patshildy kills me sometimes

1982 willie
    Participant

Well bader got there on his own merit, no thanks to schildt, thought might be at third now if we ran.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Need some people to come up with some rbis.Last ABs mostly pitching us inside

1982 willie
    Participant

Umpires really been bad today. Two calls at least he’s given the giants off the corner on his left side but the Cardinals haven’t been able to get any of those calls.

1982 willie
    Participant

Now the ump is doing it on the other side. Just horrible.

1982 willie
    Participant

Good solid win.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Boy these guys just can’t ever make it easy.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.