2021 Cardinals MLB Game 93 thread – Sunday, July 18 vs. Giants

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 93 thread – Sunday, July 18 vs. Giants

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m.
    LHP Wade LeBlanc (0-2, 5.41) vs. RHP Johnny Cueto (6-5, 4.15)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSO in TN, KY and MS

ZTR
    Participant

Free

LeBlanc, lol. Really??

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep, when 80% of your rotation is IL, there will be some names that make you cringe.

If everyone were healthy I’d expect our rotation members would be Wainwright, Mikolas, Martinez, Flaherty and Hudson.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No Kim, JJ??

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ahead of who? Knowing the contracts will make the rotation, you’d have to pick KK over Flaherty or Hudson.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

KK would have been in the rotation over CMart in that scenario. CMart and his contract have been in the pen before.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nope, can’t see it. We may want it but CMart was going to start this season and thats from Shildt early on in ST.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well in my eyes kk is better than everything past first year mikolas and an upgrade over Hudson.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Im afraid to resign Kim. Would almost certainly mean TJ surgery for him next year…..

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Big dilemma for me. The British Open comes on late Sunday morning and wont be over till around the end of this game. And the Brewers/Reds starts an hour before this one. I guess I will be doing a lot of channel flipping during this one. But rest assured, me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch with a cigar or two.

And din-din for Sunday afternoon will be a chicken thigh and a leg, and a couple of ears of Aces High sweet corn. Along with a piece of Dutch Apple Pie. And a glass of water.

r/Esteemed Rat

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

With a name like LeBlanc, I’ll guess he’s Cajun. To help with those vibes, have your din din selections lean to things like shrimp and grits, gumbo, jambalaya, crawfish etouffee, etc.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

This will be the first game I’m able to watch in real time since that 10-5 slapdown the Cubs gave us at Wrigley. Hopefully some of the good feeling from Saturday’s game will have rubbed off on this Leblanc fellow. Now that DeJong has crept up over .200 now and Carp is within spitting distance of same, we must be on a roll. Rah Cardinals!

I believe I’ll go British for din-din today: Roast beef with carrots, Yokshire pudding, baked potatoes and a little salad for color. Wifey and I will crack a bottle of Côtes du Rhone to wash it all down and perhaps skip dessert in honor of my triglycerides. Though someday I’d like to try one of those cinnamon apple pies Pugs is always going on about.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree Willie, on first yr Mikolas, but that’s what we would want. When I say “I’d expect” I’m guessing what management would do.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With a name like LeBlanc, I’ll guess he’s Cajun. To help with those vibes, have your din din selections lean to things like shrimp and grits, gumbo, jambalaya, crawfish etouffee, etc.

I’ll have french fries.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

bling, Bojangles Cajun spiced fries would be an excellent side.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Euro, I do have some Rondevous rub we brought back from the restaurant in New Orleans. Think that would work?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    5. Yadier Molina (R) C
    6. Matt Carpenter (L) 2B
    7. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Wade LeBlanc (L) P

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

When Cardinal In France goes British for din-din, I think that should be all of our cues to think in that direction. Besides Yorkshire pudding, crumpets & tea and corned beef with kraut, I guess I’m kind of lost as to what the Brits devour? *Popeye’s apple cinnamon pies are the best dessert I’ve ever had, CIF……and trust me when I say I’ve tried them all. Just like Lay’s potato chips, it’s impossible to eat just one. I always opt for 3. I have an acquaintance who eats 5 Popeye’s apple cinnamon pies at a crack.

Go Birds!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am going with an organic sausage and egg breakfast burrito, harvest cheddar sun chips, green grapes, and diet Mountain Dew. I will probably save my dessert for later tonight instead of for lunch. Only one dessert per day for me. Got to watch those calories. lol

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My grandma made a plum and sloe gin pudding for dessert during the holidays. She said it had been grandpa’s favorite.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

bling, give the rub a try and let’s see how LeBlanc does.

Pugs, you’re right, British food hasn’t exactly made a big mark on us Americans. Cookies and biscuits are confusing. I bet if CIF offered up some of his Yorkshire pudding, most Americans might have their sweet tooth begin salivating, but then be disappointed. Stick with those Popeyes cinnamon pies.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yadi was his old self on that bouncer. I was worried last night after he oléd on a couple last night.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carp and Carlson did a Laurel and Hardy routine to turn that can o corn into a hit.

Now sacks jammed.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

LeBlanc gets out of it. Nice. Now we need to spank them with their pants down here in the bottom of the first.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

phew, that was a scary start.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years