2021 Cardinals MLB Game 90 thread – Saturday, July 10 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 90 thread – Saturday, July 10 at Cubs

Viewing 23 posts - 51 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well done LACardFan, and the NYY are pretty happy with Gleybar Torres as part of the Cubs trade package.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Whatever Yadi told Cabby, it worked.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Cabrerra’s got some juice, reminds me of Martinez sometimes. Seems to come in cold and scary inaccurate sometimes. Looked good once he got going.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cabby’s got game for sure, Wooster.

I’m getting a bit worried about Carlson. Coming into this year, I had Carlson pegged on a career path that paralleled Ray Lankford. Now I’m thinking we could be looking at the next Jon Jay…….no offense JJ .

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well the lineup seems to be clicking except for Carlson and arenado. But got enough from others and great pit hing so far. Great to have both things going at same time. Even shildt has stepped up his game.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Always good to have a laugher against the cubs

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Exactly as he did in AAA.

His .601 OPS in Memphis this year wasn’t exactly raking

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Pugs, at only 22 years old for the entire season, I think Carlson is doing OK. I predicted at the beginning of the year that he would only hit around .260-.270. I did think he would get close to 20 home runs, though. He might be a little short on that. I look at him making a big jump next year if he can get the strikeouts down a little closer to 20%.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Euro I loved your new Profile Pic for Bling last night. You’ve really got some talent!LOL. You gotta figure Carlson and Sosa both got a ways to go but they both are new. Carlson had a huge night last night. Check it out. Edmonds having a good night but was dead at the plate last week. We need some consistent hitting and pitching and it will look a lot better. Not that long. ago I remember waiting for Ozuna to wake up.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks Forschster. Carlson seems to have warning track power this year. Let’s hope he can increase that by a few yards in the years to come.

This Rex Brothers fellow for the cubbies. Anybody know if he’s related to Dr. Joyce Brothers in any fashion?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Euro I loved your new Profile Pic for Bling last night.

Bling threatened to pull out the bag again tonight if things didn’t go well. I think it’s safe to say he won’t need it now. So let’s go with a modified version tonight — the no-bag-allowed-for-Bling pic.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great stuff, Dandy!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

This Rex Brothers fellow for the cubbies. Anybody know if he’s related to Dr. Joyce Brothers in any fashion?

Is that a $64,000 question?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Beating the cubs has been like hitting the easy button tonight. Pugs, you had the vibes with your prediction.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

LOL thats a zinger!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Piece of cake, Euro

Rex has his mother’s (or grandma’s) chin. A definite resemblance.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

LOL on the chin resemblance. Brothers’ first claim to fame was winning 64K on the game show “The $64,000 Question.”

Dr Joyce, that is…..

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Go ahead and make light of the power of the bag. The idea is let them know you have it, then you won’t have to use it. I’ll have it beside me on the couch again Sunday.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Kinda like, ‘dont make me take my belt off’ with your kids.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

The bag is to bling as the cigar is to Red Auerbach. Once the bag is put away, the game is over.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Paper or plastic?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Shouldn’t Bling’s bag resemble the 2nd base bag? Maybe Euro Dandy can somehow touch his pic up?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Mrs. made me take her out last night for dinner and music so I missed the game. Watching the highlights when I got home was a pleasant surprise. I am glad to see we finally showed some life against our arch nemesis. Big bomb by Goldy.

Viewing 23 posts - 51 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years