2021 Cardinals MLB Game 90 thread – Saturday, July 10 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 90 thread – Saturday, July 10 at Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:15 p.m.
    LHP Kwang Hyun Kim (3-5, 3.39) vs. Zach Davies (5-5, 4.28)
    FOX Network// KMOX

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Game Two of the Cubs three game sweep at Wrigley. We are going to go 0-9 at Wrigley this year.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free
    ZTR
    Participant

Free

I guess he doesn’t mind losing as long as he’s getting paid. Winners HATE to lose – can’t stand it – at all. There’s not a player on the roster that hates to lose because they’d be going apeshit right about now if they did.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He’d be nuts to opt out in these unsteady times, when all he has to do to add another $179M to his bank account, is stay put and play his game, IMO. Besides that, he’s got as good a chance at getting a ring here as anywhere. Also, the St. Louis fan base loves him.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Our inability to beat the Cubs is driving me crazy. I would be willing to go 19-143 on the season as long as we went 19-0 against those bums, especially when they are as bad as they are this year. Our performance against them recently is embarrassing. Man up and have some pride Cardinals.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Mo’s immediate objective is try to find guys who can throw it over the plate and not kill the batter. We did fail in that again Friday but it seems like an attainable objective. Its a plan at least.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nicely stated, Scotty. Kim has game. Let us all not lose sight of those three words as we prepare for today’s game. This game tonight is one where you bet the ranch and all of the horses and cattle within it…..and not have your blood pressure rise one single notch. I so rarely miss on these games. Our Cardinals will win this game. To increase our odds (not that we actually need the help in a game such as this) even further, let’s each and every one of us audibly repeat these words several times before the first pitch is flung later today….”Kim has game”.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I admire your optimism, Pugs, however I’m afraid mine has oozed out like oil from a bad weld, leaving me only with hope, a frail substitute and last refuge of the severely damaged pessimist.

Nonetheless, Rah Cardinals!

David
    Participant

Free

Heading into this series… looking at the pitching matchups , you kinda figured our best chance of winning the series would be today and tomorrow. Thankfully neither KK nor Waino pitched yesterday.

KK needs to pitch well and get at least 6 and follow with GC, GG, and Reyes. Of course pitching well doesn’t mean you stay in the game past 5 when you play for the Cardinals and Schildt is managing. Basically KK cannot give up a hit or base runner after 4 and there can not be anyone on base when he comes up to bat after the 3rd. A scenario that has happened way to many times.. If kk is cruising through 4.2 and he struggles in the 5th, and gives up back to back hits.. this is where Schildt has not figured it out or he just doesn’t understand where our weakness is but maybe he will today. What is our best chance of getting that last out . Leave KK in and let him work through it or bring in one of struggling middle relievers?

David
    Participant

Free

I’ll actually get to watch tonight’s game. First Cardinals-Cubs I’ve watched since the first one. Heading into all star break I’d like to be in 3rd that much closer to Cincy but that all depends on how Schildt manages this game.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

We might catch a break and not lose tonight. The Doppler Radar shows a big pile of green stuff headed towards the Chicago area.

r/Esteemed Rat

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Our “yuck-o” lineup today – Carpenter and DeJong as the keystone guys. Poor offense, poor defense, at least at second, poor base running.

This one looks to be a low scoring affair, with the Cardinals on the short end of a 3-1 loss – unless the wind is blowing out. Then it is anybody’s guess as to what might happen.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Is it the current thinking that the Cardinals will not resign KK?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rain rain go away..come back…next time we play the Tigers, as rudely as they treated us. No gang, no rain 🌧️….please no rain. This is our game….Kim & Company have our backs today. We play and no way we lose. Trust me on this.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    5. Matt Carpenter (L) 2B
    6. Yadier Molina (R) C
    7. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    8. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    9. Kwang Hyun Kim (L) P

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bravo Bling! Even with Carp in the 5-hole, this is certainly a batting order I can live with on this beautiful Saturday night.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Observe that there are no more than 3 righties in a row. The conclusion to be reached from that is someone locked Shildt in his locker and made out the lineup card.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gscottar, you are a true cardinal fan. Yes I can stand losing seasons as long as we beat those low life’s. Losing to them is super hard even when they are good. When we go to playoffs bit lose more to them, I’m a little depressed. I feel like we left things undone.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pair of walks and a Carp line drive
    Stl 1-0

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Waino, Gallegos and Kim are the only members of the pitching staff whose BB/9 is not out of control. The same 3 are the WHIP leaders, and Kim’s HR/9 is less than 1.0

The down side is he averages under 5 IP per start, and aside from the 7 IP outlier last time, has not been going any deeper lately than he was earlier. Combine that with our pen and yikes dig a hole and dive in.

But at least it seems like we have a chance of not getting blown out right away amidst a flurry of walks, HBPs and beachballs right down Broadway. I have my bag on hand but hope not to need it.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Davies at 59 pitches with one out in the Cardinal 3rd. He’d fit right in with our staff.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

0-2 and he hasn’t thrown o’neill a strike

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Both called strikes

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

His last outing KK induced 14 ground balls, for 13 outs.

Tonight after 3 IP, 3 ground balls for 4 outs.

46 pitches after 3 IP.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years