2021 Cardinals MLB Game 89 thread – Friday, July 9 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 89 thread – Friday, July 9 at Cubs

Viewing 11 posts - 51 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As if the heavy reliance on scratch and dent finds is not disturbing enough, they are doing no worse than the other guys. What does that say.

I am reminded of a quip Edmonds made a few games back, Shildt can’t afford to send in a pinch hitter, he might need him to pitch later.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Looking for an undiscovered jewel I guess.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

We do have some guys lookin good- Carlson is looking really good right now and Bader too.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

DeJong dinger- he has a sweet swing when he gets extension and nails it!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Lots of hits- warm up game for the series is over

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I suppose it’s useful to end the day with a little batting practice.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson is looking really good right now

He didn’t look so good when the ball popped out of his glove and they got 3 runs. Anybody makes the routine catches, he needs to catch it when it hits his glove. To bad that Bartman wannabe who caught Goldman’s fly wasn’t out there for us.

I haven’t checked, but I assume DeJong’s homer came off an end of the bench mop up guy. Mo’s computer doesn’t care though.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well wasn’t watching since I got in late but cabrera seems to be tired or overused at this point. We can talk about hitting til the cows come home but no team is going to win if your starters routinely don’t go 5 to 7 innings. Three or four innings is not getting it done unless you have a plan to do that. We don’t because we don’t have enough good solid relief pitchers to do that. Hitting wise Carlson seems to have had a good day but he’s been pretty bad recently so maybe a positive step. Hitting just needs more consistency up and down and no more injuries, bad food, or bad lineups. But again if it ends up being a bullpen second half, let’s just start working towards next year and be honest about that.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was trying to maintain some anonymity online, Euro.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

That didn’t end well but really, who can say they are surprised?

Viewing 11 posts - 51 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years