2021 Cardinals MLB Game 89 thread – Friday, July 9 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 89 thread – Friday, July 9 at Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

3 hits and two walks for the cubs in the 1st inning

David
    Participant

Free

Even with winning the series against the giants, it will be no surprise to me if we lose to Chicago even swept… this team is as underachieving as the Giants are overachieving. Bring in new players, prime time players.. it will not make a difference unless you get rid of the manager and hitting coach. Schildt has no business managing team and Albert has no business trying to teach anyone to hit or help them change Mechanics. Schildt cannot read a game and has proven time and time and time and time again, he Does not know how to make the in game changes that give his team the best chance at winning.
    This was a big series leading into the break.we may have not gotten closer to the crew but we could’ve taken over 3rd and gotten closer to the reds but I’m sure schildt took the same approach to this series as he did against the Tigers at home back in June.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cards rough up Hendricks a bit in the 3rd with 4 hits and 2 runs to cut the lead to one.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah Euro and all with 2 outs too. And left 2 on. Edman has home run power and flyed out to center. Maybe going for the dinger instead of the base hit that had it going? First inning Goldy out on foul ball by fan interference from a Chicago fan. Hows that work? Seems like it should penalize the team of the guy that did it. We’re looking good and Hendricks isn’t killing us like he has in the past

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Chicago fans look like a beer fed shark frenzy going after foul balls! LOL

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, at least the new guy didn’t walk anyone.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

ONiel gets jammed by Hendricks for third out.Miller can be unhittible when hes on. He has a wicked curve thats awesome when its working

David
    Participant

Free

And yet again Schildt proves why he should not be managing an MLB team. Why would you go to the pen in the 4th inning in the first Game of a crucial three-game series? Sure Leblanc gave up 3 runs in the first inning but many pitchers struggle on the first trying to get a feel.. even aces. He battled through the 2nd and 3rd not allowing run and how is he rewarded. By sending a 160 pinch hitter up there with 2 outs and no one on base. If someone has any logic in that decision, I’d love to hear it.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now our 4th pitcher and we are in the 5th. I hate that kind of game. Wade LaBlanc, Luis Garcia, Andrew Miller and now Justin Miller. That’s really something. Its going to be brutal getting thru the second half like this but there is no helping it.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nice bull pen inning , getting bull pen loosened up for the series?Almost everybody has had a hit today. So far. Darn Edman gets robbed.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah Bling the second half will be different but I’m looking at the rest if this season as building for the future. Its no big secret the cupboards somewhat bare but these younger guys we got are about 2 seasons in. Pitchings gotta be rebuilt too and better things are ahead. Time waits for no one. Gotta enjoy today and celebrate the good stuff!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Cabrera walks first 2 batters. Recipe for disaster I fear…

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Oh oh bean ball gets him the hook. Too bad we need a DP now!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Sigh!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

9-2. I guess we didn’t change pitchers often enough.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Cubs finally found a team they can beat I guess! Pretty disappointing Friday after taking a series from Giantsp

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Well CIF meatball right down the center of the pipe. 2nd time this week I’ve seen a new pitcher do that. Last time it was a dinger.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Just one game right GAC?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

That double and dinger were both center of zone

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Redbirds on all bases!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am in my living room and still feel like I should put a bag over my head.

David
    Participant

Free

It’s coming to the point that unless Waino and kK are starting that the other 3 games should be bullpen games until Flare and MM are back because essentially that’s what the games are anyways… might as well make it official. Put everyone in the bullpen and have them pitch one innng

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Carp needs a new bat. The one he’s got is too heavy to lift off his shoulder.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Sounds like a plan David. Bling that is Really funny. I asked for paper at the grocery store so I could cut holes for my eyes!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

CIF they got plastic ones at Wallmart. Thats what happens when you send in the DW-designated walker

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.