2021 Cardinals MLB Game 83 thread – Friday, July 2 at Colorado

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 83 thread – Friday, July 2 at Colorado

Viewing 6 posts - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Last night, in the 9th, the difference between DeJong’s K, and Bader’s BB, back-to-back, really caught my eye.

It used to be Bader who would flail miserably chasing sliders away, but DeJong filled that role in the 9th. It was ugly. Bader followed him by just spitting on those same sliders, by the same pitcher.

And Baders grand slam? Safe to say he was sitting on an inside pitch. I hope this is him adjusting to how he’s being pitched. Time will tell.

bccran
    Participant

Not taking anything away, but those pitches to Bader were way out of the zone. Agree on his homer, though. He seems to be making better contact since coming back.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Not taking anything away, but those pitches to Bader were way out of the zone.

Yes, you were going out of your way to say something negative about Bader’s homerun.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree the sliders weren’t very good to DeJong or Bader, which is what made DeJongs K very ugly.

bccran
    Participant

LA – prior posts talked about his walk and his home run. I commented on both. Nothing more, nothing less.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We finally get our OF back together and O’Neill gets hit in the hand. Unbelievable.

I think they said on TV last night that our “regular” lineup has only been together for 4 games this year.

Viewing 6 posts - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years