2021 Cardinals MLB Game 83 thread – Friday, July 2 at Colorado

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 83 thread – Friday, July 2 at Colorado

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:10 p.m.
    RHP Johan Oviedo (0-4, 5.23) vs. RHP Chi Chi González (2-5, 5.81)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSO in TN, KY and MS

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Alright boys and girls, I will be in attendance at tonight’s contest. I have found that seeing a game in person really opens your eyes as to who has got the best instincts and looks like a player as opposed to guys who are more or less getting by on talent. As Yogi said, you can see a lot by watching.

I am working a new contract gig back in an office, after working from home the last 15 months. The office is downtown, about a 15 minute walk from Coors.

The plan is to head over a couple of hours before game time, hit a local establishment for a beer, and get into conversations with fellow Cardinal faithful about the sorry state of our ball club. It is always interesting to talk to other fans and get their take on things.

We have a busy day tomorrow around the house as we are hosting a graduation party, but if I get time I will post my experiences about the game and fan climate.

bccran
    Participant

It would be very interesting to hear what the fans have to say. Hope you have time to post it. Even if it takes several days.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

BikeMike,

Tell us where you are seated and what you are wearing. Maybe we’ll catch a glimpse when they do their panoramic views around the stadium.

r/Esteemed Rat

UConn Card

Paid - Annual

Congrats on the graduation, mike

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Would be nice to see Oviedo go more than 4 innings, at least the bullpen should be rested after wainos performance last night.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Thanks UConn! It’s our 18 year old grandson’s high school graduation.

Rats, think I will be in an upper level down the first base line. I will have a 3/4 sleeve white shirt with red sleeves that has a throw back logo to the 1926 team’s “World Champions” uni’s they wore in ‘27. Got it at the Hall of Fame museum shop when I was in St Louis in 2019.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Saw the lineup and it is the same as last night. Shildt really gets in a rut with his lineups.

I wish Sosa was starting as I really want to watch him and his approach between pitches, and how he reacts to plays. He seems like a natural and I would like to assess that a little better, but DeJong is in there again.

It just seems like DeJong has plateaued – he has been basically the same guy since he had the big year. He will hit one out here and there, and is a good defensive player, but does not put the ball in play consistently enough.

Looking at these two pitchers, we may have a classic Coors Field game where the score will be 12-10. Even our pathetic offense should be able to put up some runs against a 5+ ERA guy in Coors.

But if Oviedo cannot find the strike zone, lookout. The Rox will be circling the bases like a merry-go-round.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Once the Cards trade for Joey Gallo we’ll have a more powerful and formidable lineup.

Wait, he is hitting about .240 with alot of strikeouts. Seems like we already have someone like that in our lineup by the name of O’Neill.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Geesh….with a name like “Chi Chi”, I guess the guy is from the Windy City. I knew a guy back in school at ASU who’s name was “Den Den”, which I thought was short for “Denny”. Looking back now, I bet he was from Denver. This is a huge game. Lose it and you can call this season a wrap. Win it……..and can still call this season a wrap. Big things loom in ’22 though, and I think we all know that. Sounds like a fun night for our esteemed friend, BicycleMike, tonight. You know BicycleMike is getting geared up to support the local Denver area beer concesionaires when he hoofs it over to the ole’ ballpark on two feet. Win, lose or tie, BicycleMike will be sleeping like a baby tonight.
    I’m calling this one 13-6 Birds, with Arenado launching not one, but two dingeroo’s.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    2. P. Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    5. Yadier Molina (R) C
    6. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    7. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Johan Oviedo (R) P

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Anyone else getting the distinct vision of Bader rapping a triple tonight? If Ovi can somehow someway get thru 5 frames tonight, he’ll have that first “W”.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

You got it Pugs. Downing the first cold one at a local place across the street from the stadium. Chatting with a Cardinal fan here and there – most are casual fans not quite as informed as us on TCN about the club.

I like Pugs’ prediction. 13-6 sounds reasonable. Just hope our guys have the lucky 13. I do think Arenado will launch at least one long one tonight. It is warmer and drier today than yesterday, so we could have a lot of offense.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I will just be happy if walks don’t do us in. Din din tonight was at a Thai restaurant. Pretty good.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What did you indulge in, Blingster! Have not had much Thai. Maybe it’s something I should check out?

13 is the number of the night, BicycleMike. 13 Cardinal runs, 13 Cardinal hits and 13 brewski’s down BicycleMike’s hatch.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Chicken rama in Thai peanut sauce. Something called crying tiger salad. A beer from Thailand that could have been Budweiser. It was unusual, kind of spicy. We had various Thai curry concoctions from there door dashed to the house during the pandemic but this was the first time we went there.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My wife had a nice piece of salmon in a yellow curry that was good also. Pad thai noodles instead of rice. And we shared pot stickers that were way better than the kind from the Chinese take out places.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Man, that was right in Blackmon’s wheelhouse. Hit in a bit too bar in toward the trademark and it was off the wall.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

DeJong didn’t bother running out his DP ball. Lame.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

I’d rather see him bunt Molina over with one out than hit into a dp

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Well that was scary don’t know about walking the RH ers?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

5 pitches and 3 iuts? Guess our guys want to go home early tonight!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They haven’t been making Oviedo work too hard either. Low pitch count.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hes doing much better
    May have to pitch around Esias or that guy that just knocked the homer. We’re very much in this game. Lineup looked alot like old times to me

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not sure about the lineup, but Oviedo has done well enough thru 5.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years