2021 Cardinals MLB Game 83 thread – Friday, July 2 at Colorado

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 83 thread – Friday, July 2 at Colorado

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

Still good except that first pitch down the pipe to the LH Malone-bye bye birdie! We need something out of DeJong and Bader now. Everybody else has done something so far

Wooster
    Participant

Free

DeJong and Bader show up! Carp pinch hit goes down in flames? Well we paid a short visit to 3rd base anyway!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cabby extinguishes the Colorado threat. I’d be thrilled seeing Cabby getting a little all-star recognitional love. If BicycleMike’s 13 Cardinal runs are going to come to fruition, our boys better start wielding the lumber with a bit more authority than what they’ve put on display thus far this evening.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Can the Cards get something going in the top of the ninth?

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They can and they do … Rondon with the big hit to tie the game.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Great to see Rondon come through
    The first and last strike on Carlson was the same pitch in the same spot. Both called strikes- gotta work on that. Tie game!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yency (hate opposing pitchers with “CY” in their first name) Almonte dealing for the Rocks in the 10th. Time to end this madness.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cy Almonte comes in sporting an ERA(9.72) that Nadia Comanec

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice rally in the top of the tenth. Two-out hits by Yadi and Edmund put the Cards up 5-3! Then Bader tops it off with a grand slam! 9-3 Redbirds!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader goes yard with all hands on deck!! 9-3 Cardinals….. let’s get just 4 more for BicycleMike.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Way to go Bader. I guess he has earned being called Harrison for at least 1 day.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Pugs, I hope BikeMike stuck around for all this.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well solid game by Oviedo tonight,not going too excited but still great. Took a while but bats finally came around. Hopefully no real drama here in bottom of tenth.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good win for the Redbirds! To come back and tie the game in the ninth and win it in the tenth! They kept fighting and that is what you like to see!

1982 willie
    Participant

Good win, hopefully this carries over.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh I think BicycleMike is reveling in the sweetness of victory as we speak, Forschster. With 13 Coors in him, it’ll take 3 ushers, 2 beefy security guards and the pretty hot dog vendor gal dangling a cold one just out of BicycleMike’s reach to get him out of that ballpark. Stars of the game:

Ovi
    Cabby
    Rondon
    Bader
    Reyes
    Yadi

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I am here guys. Wow, crazy game! Got lots of thoughts on this one but will have to wait until tomorrow for most of them. We are sticking around for the fireworks show.

Some quick comments. I am not sure Harrison Bader has ever hit a ball as hard as that slam. He absolutely crushed it!! Rockies fans still love Arenado.

Rondon had a great AB. Lawrence could not throw strikes, and you could just see Rondon taking two pitches thinking there is no way this guy is going to get the ball over. But when he did twice in a row, he was ready to pick out something to put a good swing to. Very impressive.

That was after DeJong fanned on a terrible pitch, and then Bader walked. DeJong almost cost us the game there. The guy just does not have it at the plate, although he looked good on defense.

Hope O’Neill is not going on the IL. We just got our outfield set.

Gotta run. More comments tomorrow. A lot of energy in the park – you just don’t get that on television.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Good game for us! Nice game for Oviedo- bullpens a little shaky but they had a quick hook. Worked out good. A hit by everyone on the team makes alot of difference. Sosa will do better if he swings at the strikes- gotta pull the trigger. Go Cardinals!

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Baseball is fun and winning is more fun than losing.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Couple more items. When did we become the St Louis Black Sox? Cards had black socks on tonight. My guess is our socks got lost somewhere over Kansas, and we had to borrow some from the home club.

Also, when did Gant get a haircut? He came trotting in from the pen and I was like, “Who is this guy?” Then he was warming up and I saw the “Gant 53”.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Gant got a haircut I think a week ago

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Hah! Good things happen while I’m sleeping! Was still digesting a Friday night pizza with grand kids who just arrived from Texas and woke up to that spectacular 10th inning.

Rah Cardinals!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice surprise seeing the box score this morning. Who was that guy in the Bader mask?

Seriously, unloading on a high ERA batting practice pitcher is what you have to do when things are going like they have been. Jump on the chances you get. The guy’s ERA is 11 now. We are not likely to run into that in San Fran though. Hope O’Neill is fine, but we do have The Nootster waiting to light it up, unless they released him already.

bccran
    Participant

Coffee spitting comment about Nootbaar.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yeah that was a dandy

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.