2021 Cardinals MLB Game 70 thread – Friday, June 18 at Braves

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 70 thread – Friday, June 18 at Braves

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:20 p.m.
    RHP Carlos Martinez (3-7, 5.54) vs. LHP Max Fried (3-4, 4.62)
    MLB Network // BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas

ZTR
    Participant

Free

I flipped a coin and it said the Braves will win.

David
    Participant

Free

I flipped a coin and it said the Braves will win.

Was it a double sided coin?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe we will hit the lefty better. Maybe good Carlos will show up. The good relievers are rested. The hitters didn’t wear themselves out running the bases last night. It could go our way tonight.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

The Cardinals will at least win close to 81 games this year.

81 – 35 = 46 more victories.

So call it 41 to 51 more wins assuming 76 to 86 wins for the season.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cubs salvaged one game at Shea Stadium and avoided a four game sweep. 2-0 Cubs the final.

Brewers lose to the Rockies 7-3 at Coors Field.

And the Reds and Padres had a wild one. 2-0 San Diego heading to the 9th but the Reds plate four runs to take the lead. A two out single by Stephenson in the top of the 9th tied it at 2-2 and then India hits a two run homer to give the Reds the 4-2 lead. In the bottom of the 9th Hosmer hits a 2-run homer to tie it at 4-4 and then Caratini walks it off with another two run homer. 6-4 Padres the final at Jack Murphy stadium.

Hard to believe we almost got no-hit last night. Some of the Cardinal hitters look listless at the plate. Almost like they dont even care. Then again, maybe that’s just the way I view things.

r/Esteemed Rat

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Liver and onions with new potatoes sautéed in butter and fresh garden peas. Holding back on dessert in order to give the cholesterol free rein of my bloodstream.
    I predict these Braves will tomahawk us handily as our anemic hitters continue to impress no one.
    Rah Cardinals anyway. Somebody might accidentally hit a homerun.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep, Shildt has a platoon going with Sosa and Carp. Lefty tonight enter Sosa.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow, who was that team that played good fundamental baseball and got a run in?

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

10 oz sirloin with 4 huge shrimp at Matt’s Steakhouse. Loaded baked potatoe, salad and breadsticks. Wish you were there!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow. What was Yadi thinking on that aborted play at the plate. And what was Sosa doing last half inning with the tootblan.

Jbcardsr1
    Participant

Free

Team continues to nose dive. Too bad the Marlins aren’t on the remaining schedule.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

6 outs, 5 runs, make him throw 100 pitches. Maybe he can figure something out.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Wow Carlos…

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It won’t be long jj.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Just started watching this game already 4 runs down. Not completely out of reach. Really need some money players to start generating some consistent offense. Can’t depend on pitching all the time.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Dang man , bunt the guy over if you can’t get it out of the infield!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Its humid down here in the South this weekend. Go stick your head under the water cooler and wake up!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Why did we not pull Carlos sooner? The bullpen is fresh, and did we not want to keep it close? Schildt, has made many curious moves and lineups this year.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

CMarts gassed

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Man, a dink into left ends up with a run in and guys on 2nd and 3rd. When it rains it pours. I guess it was the HBP that scored, or maybe he’s on 3rd, I lost track.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

He was ok last inning but he looks wore out to me

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

At least this one was mercifully over quickly tonight.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

There is an article on mlb.com about 6 teams, including us of course, that were in post season last year and whether or not they can salvage the season and get back this year.

The article puts percentages, and they have the Cardinals at 11+%, and Atlanta at 13+% to get back in. After this series ends in what could be yet another weekend sweep, we might be at say 8% and the Braves at %17% or so.

Despite what should be a decent offense with names like Goldschmidt, Arenado, O’Neill and Carlson, we do not score runs. And the pitching has been decimated, and what is there has not been all that good with too many bouts of wildness.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2020-playoff-teams-in-trouble-in-2021

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years