2021 Cardinals MLB Game 7 thread – Thu, April 8 vs. Brewers (Home Opener)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 7 thread – Thu, April 8 vs. Brewers (Home Opener)

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Steve60
    Participant

Free

I agree Puig is risky but Josh Reddick is great fielder solid 270 hitter and great team guy and would be a huge upgrade from what we have right now and probably pretty cheap!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Hey I’m falling asleep here. Let’s see some Redbird fireworks!
    Rah Cardinals.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

At least I’m awake now.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

You brought us a rally with a very fast runner and a minor miracle-like play.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tied 1-1 heading into the bottom of the eighth. Time for the offense to get something going. Get us a run or two Redbirds!

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Carp is due. His long flyouts are getting longer and further. 385 to left-center a few games ago, at 103mph, and today 401 to right center at 107mph. He is close! Go Carp!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There we go … a walk and a long one! Congrats Nolan!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Arenado! That’s why we brought him here!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Reyes closes it out!

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Another nice win. They need to keep banking these wins.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I got a chance to listen in on KMOX for a few minutes. It was kind of rough. Mr. Shannon is a treasure and he is putting up a good fight. I wish him well coming back from serious illness. It looks like the pitching was the story of this game. We have been making the most of a scarcity of hits. Nice win.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The highlight of any Cardinal game is, quite obviously, Erica Weston.

r/Esteemed Rat

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

“Maybe we should start a thread about it.”

I lost count. I started to count the high-jacked threads too and realized it was all threads.

CarolinaCardinal
    Participant

Shannon sounds awful. Like really bad

1982 willie
    Participant

Well spectrum done it to me again, didn’t show Cardinals even though it was on guide. Even the spectrum guy couldn’t tell my why the same channel on wow shows cardinal games but spectrums doesn’t, shows reds even with Cardinals info on guide. I guess mlb extra innings it is. Seemed like a well pitched game, with some timely hitting. On a side note got my arenado jersey today as well as my cardinal bomber like jacket, pretty nice.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

willie can you check the labels and see where they are made, just curious.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

After the bombings by the Big Red Machine, these games have all been similar. We do not do much on offense for the first half of the game, but don’t give up much either. Then we get some big hits late, and the bullpen does the job.

What a great way to start your season after a high-profile deal. I am talking about Nolan Arenado of course.

Carlson with a couple of nice contributions – the catch in the first inning, and the double that got Yadi to third.

Nice to see O’Neill get the bat on the ball in that bases-loaded situation. That guy has so much potential. He’s like a righty-only Mickey Mantle – speed and power. Just has to learn pitch selection and how to approach the at-bat pitch by pitch. It’s okay to take pitches later in the count – Ty needs to understand that.

Sad to hear that Shannon is struggling. I was watching the TV broadcast but will dial in some KMOX from time to time over the season. His memory recall has slipped noticeably in the last few years, and sometimes he seems to sleep walk through games. Hasn’t been the old “get up baby, get up” Shannon.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well Rob Manfred has really done it this time. I read where he his forcing the Cardinals to forfeit today’s victory because they didn’t score the required number of runs, get the required number of hits, and for having a subpar offensive output from their OF.

I mean, the nerve of this guy! Naturally, I think the Cardinals should appeal the decision immediately.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well blingboy, jersey made in Guatamala, bomber jacket made in China.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A trend ended for me today, and I’m glad it did. I have watched the Cards play four games this year, and they are 4-0 in those games. I have missed three games and until today they were 0-2. Today ended the streak. Glad the Cards are 5-2. They faced a pitcher in Burnes who may win Cy Youngs and weathered the storm until they finally broke through.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Muddled would be a compliment for describing Shannon on KMOX. The little attempt at humor about captain hook that made absolutely no sense just left the other announcer speechless. I think best case scenario is to have him tip back a few frosty ones and let instinct take over. Sober addled Shannon is just confusing. I was hoping Goldy would hit for O’Neal in the big at bat, glad it turned out how it did. I think Gallegos is the stabilizing force in the pen. How he goes this year will go a long way toward the team contending.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Indeed MrPerkins. And as an extra bonus, it appears that Gallegos has gracefully conceded closer duties to Reyes, which is not an easy thing to do when you yourself are a quality closer. Teams not having a legitimate closer have to be drooling a winding river at the 3 that St. Louis employ. One has to figure that either Hicks, Reyes or Gallegos will be playing their trade elsewhere before TD (“Trading Deadline”) time arrives. If you had your choice, which one of the Big 3 would you part with? Talk about a tough decision. Might necessitate bringing out the ole’ dartboard for that one. Cranny’s coveted offensively inclined outfielder should be in the nest relatively soon, as there is no way that two-thirds of the Big 3 are going to be happy campers for the entire season in their non-closer roles. And one more thing to contemplate. Does Matthew Martin Carpenter finish his last Cardinal season with more extra base hits than Gallegos wins? Oh, and did you see the gem that our old pal Lance Lynn spun vs the Royals last night?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

One has to figure that either Hicks, Reyes or Gallegos will be playing their trade elsewhere before TD (“Trading Deadline”) time arrives. If you had your choice, which one of the Big 3 would you part with? Talk about a tough decision.

None of them. The Cards can have as many dominant relievers as they want and I’ll be fine with that. Lol. Now if someone wanted to offer me, say, Michael Conforto for Gallegos, I’d probably part with him if they wouldn’t take anyone else. Reyes is likely to be a starter next year and Hicks will be the closer long term.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pitchers drop like flies now days. Three can turn into one quick. I am content to see who can answer the bell by late July and then look at possibly making a move. Of course, if our fortunes turn and we are getting our head handed to us obviously Mo’s hand could be forced.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wouldn’t trade any of them. Our beast of a bullpen is the reason we are going to win the division this year, assuming that pitching still counts toward victories.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years