2021 Cardinals MLB Game 69 thread – Thursday, June 17 at Braves

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 69 thread – Thursday, June 17 at Braves

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:20 p.m.
    RHP John Gant (4-4, 3.86) vs. RHP Charlie Morton (5-3, 4.50)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Atlanta has struggled all season long. Plus internal issues (Ozuna) has obviously hurt the team. But I still feel they will hit a hot streak and end up being right near the top or win the NL East.

I am not too optimistic about this series. I’ll take a split right now and be happy.

r/Esteemed Rat

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I agree with Rats. Despite the Braves being a sub-.500 club, my sense is they will take it to us in this series at Fulton County Stadium (said that just for the Esteemed One).

I see us regressing back to the same old low scoring, high walking (the opponent that is) team and think we may escape with one win. But a four game sweep won’t surprise me.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Braves fans whine even more than Cardinal fans when they are losing. I live in the Braves area(Columbia SC) and a lot of them think they are terrible.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Have no idea what we’re going to get.

Being consistently inconsistent will keep a team around the .500 mark.

As long as they can stay within 6-7 games of the division lead with a few weeks to play anything can happen. 2019 comes to mind.

Weren’t they 7 behind the Braves with 9 games left for the second WC spot in 2011? That championship has to be the most unlikely to have occurred in the history of baseball.

14NyquisT
    Participant

What is staying in the back of my mind is that the Cards have a very tough schedule in Sept. including LAD – NYM- SD and 10 games (7 on the road) vs. MIL.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hadn’t realized that the Braves were scuffling like they have been. It’d be good to take advantage while they are down. Of course, they probably feel the same as the Cards. I think it’s clear that rotation help has to come along at some point, and a platoon lefty who can help lengthen the lineup against righties wouldn’t hurt either. But if the team can stay in that 3-8 games over .500 range somehow, a move or two could stir the waters enough to get to the playoffs. Then you really never know how that will work out.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Lets not forget that great 1964 comeback from 10 games out! I can remember sitting around my apartment swimming pool throwing verbal jabs at my best friend, who had the misfortune to be from Philadelphia. What a season! What a comeback! So anything is possible. Well, except in 1964 we had a good team and Philly collapsed for us.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

According to the Doppler Radar all is clear tonight in the metro Atlanta area. Game should be played with no weather issues. Hopefully the Redbird bats can come alive tonight down in Fulton County Stadium.

Din-din today was a ribeye steak in the air fryer, some jumbo crinkle cut french fries, and a bowl of freshly made homemade ice cream. And me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch tonight with a cigar or two, tuning in.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1982 willie
    Participant

Well I would be satisfied with a split here but since it’s early in the series, might as well hope for more.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lets see if Yadi can influence LeBlancs effectiveness.

Edman in RF (leadoff), Carp at 2B (7th), DeJong at SS (eighth). You know the rest.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) RF
    2. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    6. Yadier Molina (R) C
    7. Matt Carpenter (L) 2B
    8. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    9. John Gant (R) P

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

In case anyone was wanting a distressing observation, Carp’s OBP is the same as Goldy’s.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Nice to have the guy that makes our offense go to be back in the line-up.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What do you get when you have two underperforming, uninspiring teams squaring off vs each other in a 4 game series? A split. And it makes no difference where the games are played. Din-din for me tonight has some relatively freshly caught Red Snapper stepping up to the plate first. That will be followed by some baby red potatoes and cole slaw, with 3 Popeye’s apple cinnamon pies in the clean-up slot.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Carp instead of Sosa again. Terrible.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A charcoal grilled Nathan’s hot dog and a beer for me. Maybe we can fatten up on Morton. Light up Mo’s computer like a Christmas tree.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

June batting splits:

OPS
    .981 O’Neill 54 PA’s
    .882 Goldy 54
    .710 Carlson 60
    .691 Carpenter 38
    .669 Arenado 51
    .572 Sosa 47
    .536 Edman 56
    .459 Molina 39
    .454 DeJong 21
    .431 Rondon 22
    .393 Knizner 16
    .322 Thomas 13

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ll go with Cards winning 3 of 4 this series.

Tacos, spanish rice and refried beans with a large ice water was awesome!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Why does Carpenter have to play virtually every day. Rondon or Sosa make far better choices.Geez!!

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

The believe Sosa is mildly injured. HBP on the hand.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Carp and DeJong are hitting a combined .340, adding their averages together. That’s about what Stan would hit. Stan as a 41 year old hit .332.

Good to have Edman back as GC said, but he has not really done much of late. None of our guys have, although O’Neill has shown a little life here and there, and Goldy had that game against Miami.

I see this series similar to the Cincinnati series – an under-performing team gets to play us, and it propels them on a hot streak. Braves sweep, and this will spring board them back in to contention in the NL East.

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

Agrees and heres where this game gets outta hand for Gant..

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I really would like to see us get another reliever. PDL should be about done. I guy like Leblanc doesn’t move the meter.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.