2021 Cardinals MLB Game 64 thread – Saturday, June 12 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 64 thread – Saturday, June 12 at Cubs

Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

BW reports another minor league addition from Indy ball. 23 yr. old A- level LHP. 6’7″ 220 lb. Must be a bean pole. Hope he’s a down hill thrower and can get it over.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gant has lost the strike zone.

Don’t bounce it John!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Walks left and right, pitch count through the roof and not even out of the 2nd. I think I will just read about it tomorrow, but good luck.

BrockLou
    Participant

Free

I see the point about Arenado opting out if Goldy is traded. I’m just worried if they don’t get another solid starting pitcher soon, this club will not be able to pull out of this swoon. Won’t he opt out if we stink up the joint to high heaven?

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

Exactly my fear… if they dont show they are trying to improve why would Arenado stay? Exactly why he wanted out of colorado

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

5 hits and a walk in 2/3’s of an inning? Gant’s WHIP is going to get whiplashed. Have to stop the bleeding now.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brutal inning! Very disappointing, but not unexpected give Giant’s walk rate this season. This may have sealed the deal for the Cubbies with Hendricks on the mound. He has been a Cardinal killer in the past.

Question: At what point do the Cardinals review their pitching approach to “Babe Happ”?

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cardinals showing some fight! DeJong HR and Woodford base hit. Keep it going Redbirds!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

3 homer night for Gorman!! It won’t be long before he is doing it against the Scrubbies!!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Another ugly one in the early going. June Swoon on full display.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

That was really ugly throeing Pedersen a meatball- bye bye birdie!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Couple guys there they need to pitch around they’re knocking a homer every inning

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is going to be a very long summer.

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

Team is full of players that are gutless and very soft.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Goldschmidt strikes out to end the 8th. Another 0-4 for him. He is now hitting .247 on the year.

Get ready for the sweep tomorrow night on ESPN.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t see Arenado opting out of the $180M remaining on his contract no matter what happens with Goldy, who isn’t being traded.

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

We’ve seen this play out year after year. Tomorrow night will be a blowout.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The problem with this team is pitching. Until that is corrected we will continue to lose and I do believe we are about to be in fourth place.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Ack! Back to .500.

Paul7
    Participant

Free

Tied with the Reds.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

it isn’t just the pitching, even the hitting stinks right now!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gscottar, you are absolutely right. I talked about it back in the early part of spring training when everyone’s concern was hitting. It was always about our pitching and our lack of depth there. Now we have had a lot of injuries so that factors but some of those guys were coming off injuries so you had to be suspect. Now it’s too early to throw in the towel but if it continues well into July, do we want to rush guys back to more possible injury and start throwing away 2022. I think not if we dont right it by then. I’m not saying become sellers, I’m saying our team needs to get things in line for next year and beyond. That includes every facet of this organization. I don’t think we should assume arenado is staying and should make a big move that tells him we are serious about winning going forward. Sure he is smart enough to see the injuries but I think he still needs to see some signs leaving this and going into next season.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

“The fact of the matter is we haven’t been able to be consistent,” said manager Mike Shildt.

Au contraire, Mike. Your gang has been consistent – consistently bad.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Box score shows 8 more walks and a HBP. We are a model of consistency as CiF says.

I see Angel Rondon got in on the BB parade, but did have a 7 pitch inning. Cubbies wanted to get to the after party I guess.

I wonder how these DOSL guys like Rondon are going to work up through the system with the new skinny configuration. Signed as a teen, 6th pro year. Junior Fernandez 8th pro year, Alex Reyes 9th pro year.

On the position player side you have Sosa. The organization invests 9 or 10 years, he’s out of options, and ends up riding the pine blocked by two guys who can’t crack the Mendoza line. That’s kind of where we are.

Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years