2021 Cardinals MLB Game 62 thread – Wednesday, June 9 vs. Cleveland

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 62 thread – Wednesday, June 9 vs. Cleveland

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder how many homers O’Neill would have if he played the whole year?

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With the way the things have gone, Wouldn’t it be appropriate if we swept the Cubs?

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well great job by waino after a tough start. Lots of big hits. I think the biggest play of the game was the walk by molina in the first. If he swings and strikes out there, possibly a different game. Big shots by oneil were nice too.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Agree 1982Willie, hopefully this performance changes the teams momentum. It would be great to go to Chicago and win the series.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am glad Carp is having some good luck for a change. But we know that just hitting at the shift is not a recipe for success. It should be noted that O’Neill is now only one homer behind Adolis Garcia. But on the other side, Carlson seems to have cooled off, that is becoming a concern. On the the Flubs this weekend.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Man, you look at what those guys are doing now, and that ’18 Memphis team was stacked with talent! They may be on my list of favorite Cardinal AAA teams, along with the 1933 Columbus and 1966 Tulsa teams.

Didn’t that team have Dakota Hudson as well? There is a guy no one ever talks about. Hopefully he returns next year and can claim a regular rotation spot again.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I wonder how many homers O’Neill would have if he played the whole year?

O’Neill currently has an OPS+ of 169. If he can continue to learn plate discipline, aka pitch selection, which he will need to as he is going to be seeing less good pitches as he continues to bash, he will be a beast.

For comparison Adolis Gacia is at 133 and Randy Arozarena at 118, both with a ton of strikeouts like O’Neill. But they walk a little more, although barely more in the case of Garcia.

Austin Meadows is returning to the top spot among hitters on the Rays, although his average is still down.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carson Kelly has an OBP .396 and OPS+ 135. I think the D-backs have 3 or 4 more years on control. Not bad return for Goldschmidt, who’s OPS+ is 108 by the way. I think we owe him $25 million a year for 3 or 4 more years.

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years