2021 Cardinals MLB Game 62 thread – Wednesday, June 9 vs. Cleveland

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 62 thread – Wednesday, June 9 vs. Cleveland

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m.
    RHP Adam Wainwright (3-5, 4.19) vs. RHP J.C. Mejia (1-0, 0.00)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSE in TN, KY and MS

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

No posts so far. Are we losing interest? Maybe we need to remember 2011. What were we in late August, about 11 games behind or something like that? Seems like I recall a World Series banner was raised that year.

As they say in Wisconsin they now also say it in Missouri – NEVER FEAR, PUGS IS HERE!

r/Esteemed Rat

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

This has been a classic example of the “June swoon” so far. But all you can say is there is a lot of baseball left.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Carlos Martinez is now 3-6 with an ERA of around 6.21. Is he about to pitch himself out of St. Louis?

And I forget, what is his contract status? I think it’s a given this is Carpenter’s final year in St. Louis but what about Martinez?

Din-din today was a ribeye steak on the grill, a few french fries, Pepsi, and a bowl of homemade ice cream fresh out of my new White Mountain freezer.

r/Esteemed Rat

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

True the season is long. I just kind of figure until we make some moves, we are going to struggle. I don’t see the use to keep talking about it though, it is what it is.

bccran
    Participant

Carlos has a $17 million team option in 2022 and an $18 million team option in 2023. He’s making $11.7 million this year. He probably won’t be back next season.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rumor has it there will be tryouts this weekend for the stl active roster. If you still have some zing in the wing, call John at 1-WE-NEED-HELP

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And the Padres lay down for the Cubs again today. 3-1 the final. Cubs beat the Padres 5 of 6 this year.

Milwaukee plates a run in the top of the 1st at Crosley Field against the Reds.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) RF
    2. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    6. Yadier Molina (R) C
    7. Matt Carpenter (L) 2B
    8. Edmundo Sosa (R) SS
    9. Adam Wainwright (R) P

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not the best start to the game as the Tribe plates two in the top of the first.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Arenado needs to be batting third and Goldschmidt batting fourth.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carp again, 2 for 3 last night too. I guess it doesn’t matter if everyone else is struggling?

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

He is certainly having a good week, hitting over the shift is nice.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well carpenter with a big hit after yadi works a bases loaded walk. Carpenter has been making better contact. Problem is he’s still a dead pull hitter. Just with that hit there, a good hitter would have hit it the other way, it’s on the outside part of the plate. But he got it up enough to get it over the first baseman so good for him and the Cardinals.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice bottom of the first! Big two-out rally! Got some really good at bats from Arenado, O’Neill and Molina. Of course, Carp got the big hit to clear the bases!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carp:
    Good week and then some. Last 30 PA’s = .972 ops, not even counting tonight.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Can we move O’Neills strikeout totals to the back burner yet?

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill with a two-run shot, 6-2 Redbirds. Tyler is hot!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill now has 35 career HRs in around a full season’s worth of plate appearances. He’s on pace for over 40 bombs this year if he can play 135 games. We can live with the high K rate if he’s hitting rockets like he has this year. Combine that with his very good defense and he’s quite the player.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Agree Stlcard25! It good to see him break out after returning from the IL.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Agree 25. You’ve been preaching his power potential in spite of the K rate. It’s “how do you like me now” time!

I like how he has opened his front side and closes with the pitch. A timing device that is getting good results.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I liked the Thomas for Carp move by Shildt. Improved the baserunning and now the team D.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy with a solo shot! Cards up 7-2.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well , 2 home run night for O’Neill! Cards lead 8-2.

Tyler laid off two outside pitches that were just wide to get count full. He is showing much more plate discipline this season. Good things to come from this young man if the plate discipline continues.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

It appears the losing streak is coming to an end, thanks to Wainwright for finally having a starter step up. Also a nod to O’Neill for a couple HRs.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years