2021 Cardinals MLB Game 61 thread – Tuesday, June 8 vs. Cleveland

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 61 thread – Tuesday, June 8 vs. Cleveland

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m.
    RHP Carlos Martinez (3-5, 5.83) vs. RHP Shane Bieber (6-3, 3.18)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSE in TN, KY and MS

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Woof….

Looks bad on paper, lol

Paul7
    Participant

Free

You guys miss Lance Lynn yet? 7-1, 1.23 ERA

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cubs are in San Diego for a three game set. And the Reds host Milwaukee for three starting on Tuesday night. Maybe the Padres and, yes, the Reds can both do us a favor and beat the Cubs and Brewers this week. We dont want to keep falling behind and losing ground so it’s time to step up. Wont be easy against Bieber, however.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lance Lynn is a horse that seldom stumbles. In this day and age where players get routinely injured picking up the morning newspaper, you just cannot let these guys go. If we would have had him last year, I have little doubt that we would have tripped up SD in the playoffs. I want him back.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lynn still throws fastballs more than anything else. They must have a lot of movement with all the outs he’s getting. I wonder how much his spin rate has increased in the last few years.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Padres did the Cards and Brewers a favor last night. They down the Cubs 9-4 in San Diego. Cubs are now 1/2 game back and the Cards stay 2.5 behind the Brewers and now 2 games behind the Cubs.

The highlight of the game was Rizzo dropping a Machado pop foul. Just a little down the 1stbase line and Rizzo came in, slightly over-ran the ball, and it clanked off his glove. Machado was right there next to him and the Cubs announcers said he might be consoling Rizzo. Anyway, the next pitch – BOOM! – a homerun.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would say this is a well balanced and thought out article.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Forecast is for a slight chance of rain in the St. Louis area tonight. Mostly cloudy with gametime temps around the upper 70s. It’s supposed to rain here in SW Indiana pretty much all week. After Friday though the weather looks dry for several days with temps in the low 80s. I hope the weather is good this weekend for the semi-state game between Mt. Vernon and Jasper.

Would be nice to see the Redbirds sweep the Indians these two games before heading to Wrigley. As soon as this one ends me and Whitey Herdog will turn it over to the Cubs/Padres game. And I’ll be catching the first three innings or so of the Brewers and Reds at Crosley Field as well.

r/Esteemed Rat

BrockLou
    Participant

Free

If Carp had bunted O’Neill over, he would have scored on the subsequent play. Does Carp not know how to bunt?

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Carp knows how to watch strike 3 go by. It is time to cut bait and eat the contract.

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

Exactly forsch… hes paid regardless… id almost rather wainright bat in his spot im so annoyed.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Its not like he is blocking somebody good.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Carp is still top tier in the beard department.

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

He needs to shave it… if you cant bat your weight you dont deserve the beard

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Jbrodie7, Carp probably isn’t used to that kind of tough love. You’d probably motivate him to lose weight.

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

Hahaha thats funny there

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s crazy how we seem to score 6 runs and give up8 or 9, or score 1 and give up 2.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This offense needs to get going. We don’t need to let a pitcher get away with a 9 pitch inning.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A loss tonight makes it 8 losses in the last 9 games. Ugh!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It is really hard to find anything positive about this team right now. We can’t hit, can’t pitch, and are decimated by injuries. And the farm clubs are even worse. Not a good time to be a Cardinal fan.

Maybe we are saving our bullets for a sweep at Wrigley this weekend.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well they have 8 now. Edman didn’t look good on going back for that ball in the gap. Offense struggling but Cleveland is solid, we weren’t going to score lots of runs so this is mainly on our pitching in this case our starter.

1982 willie
    Participant

I wasn’t able to watch much but mercifully it’s over.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

This is a boring team. More like a walking dead team. They look like they were built with a pandemic in mind.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Euro you are a very funny person.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.