2021 Cardinals MLB Game 60 thread – Sunday, June 6 vs. Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 60 thread – Sunday, June 6 vs. Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m.
    RHP John Gant (4-3, 1.60) vs. TBA
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSO in TN, KY and MS

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Unbelievable but we catch another break. The Cubs lose their 3rd straight in San Francisco. 4-3 Giants the final. But hot Milwaukee wins over lowly Arizona again and they are now tied with the Cubs. Currently we are 1.5 games behind both the Cubs and Brewers. We should be about five games out.

We have to right the ship right away. If Goldschmidt continues to struggle we might need to consider someone else at first. That’s hard to imagine but what has he done so far this year???

And Jasper trailed Center Grove 4-0 after four innings tonight in the Regional final game. They did not even have a hit. Then all of a sudden boom boom boom and 2-3 walks and it’s 4-3 with the bases loaded. And then, the BIG BOOM! A grand slam and just like that Jasper led 7-4. They go on to win 7-4 and will now play at home in the semi-state game next Saturday.

r/Esteemed Rat

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Goldschmidt’s best month over his whole career is June. He currently has more RBIs in 2021 (29) than he did in 2020. He has 7 home runs and is on pace for 19. His splits are better with Runners In Scoring Position. Do I think he has performed like he did in his prime? No. Do I think he will do better this year? Yes. Let’s give him a little more time.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

I think it’s time to move O’Neill up to the 5th spot in the order. Move Yadi to 6th. Yadi hits for a better batting average when there are runners on base but his hits are almost all singles. O’Neill brings a home run threat at any time. I think Goldschmidt would see better pitches with O’Neill behind him.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

OBP’s through today:
    Arenado – .320
    Molina – .314
    O’Niell – .313
    Goldschmidt – .310

The only one of that group performing to expectations is O’Neill.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gant unbelievers it is not too late to save yourselves. Turn away from the dark side.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Would be nasty to get swept by the Reds.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mount Vernon/Fortville is going to absolutely throttle Jasper next week, Rat.

I agree with Forschster about O’Neill deserving a class jump in the batting order. But Goldy is the one who needs to head south in the order. Who was our last 1st baseman to hit 7th? Mike Luga maybe?

What’s on the din-din docket for tonight one may ask? I think the wifey has hamburgers, potato chunks or some sort and onion laden potato salad in mind. I’ll send her down to Popeye’s to boot, to snag me 3 apple cinnamon pies. Bon appetit.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I’m trying so hard not to be pessimistic. I’ll grasp at any straw – a 3-for-five Goldy day, a strong seven innings by Gant with no scary jams, some beautiful-to-watch defensive play, Yadi back in, Carp riding the pine. It’s a warm, sunny day here in southern France. It screams for a win.

In the event you’re wondering what din-din will offer, I’m led to believe it will be oven-fried chicken, baked potatoes slathered with butter and snap beans cooked with onions. Dessert, if it’s permitted, will probably just be a dish of Haagen-Dazs.

Rah Cardinals!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

STL Lineup

T Edman (S) 2B
    D Carlson (S) CF
    P Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    N Arenado (R) 3B
    T O’Neill (R) LF
    E Sosa (R) SS
    J Rondón (R) RF
    A Knizner (R) C
    J Gant (R) P

It’s hard not to predict the sweep at this point. I’ll say that Gant keeps the Cards in it but ultimately the bullpen fails and the Cards fall 6-3.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It is hard to find anything to be optimistic about. The offense continues to slog along. As soon as someone does something positive they get hurt and are back on the IL. 80% of the projected rotation is on the IL (Flaherty, Hudson, Mikolas, Kim). The bullpen must lead the entire universe in walks and hit batters. Our vaunted depth is not showing up at all either offensively or pitching wise.

Oh and help is on the way from the minors? I would rank our minor league system 30th out of 30 right now.

Our only saving grace is the NL Central is a low level scrum right now so we are staying in contention by default.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dessert, if it’s permitted, will probably be just a dish of Haagen-Dazs.

Just like those tickets to the ballgame that found it’s way into little Johnnies mitt, compliments of the esteemed Moonlight Graham, I think that rum raisin Haagen-Dazs will most definitely find it’s way around Mrs. Cardinal In France and into Mr. Cardinal In France’s waiting mouth.

I see a monster game out of Rondon this afternoon. Something to the tune of two ringing doubles and a laser shot into the upper reaches of the left-center field rafters that will rattle around for a good 15 seconds before finally locating it’s final resting place. 8-3 Birds your happy final.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wa da dell? This guy has a tidy “little” career ERA of 6.48 and a WHIP higher than Mt. Everest.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I’m sure Waddell will be of immense help to our needy team.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s Winker leading our Birds 5-0. We’ve only played and inning and a half and Winker has already hit the ball for 862 feet of distance. I still like us to come back in this game.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

two walks, two homers, and a HBP in two innings. Who was that guy saying Gant could pitch? Off with his head.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

To me … this pick up signals that the team is in deep trouble with all these injuries. I fear we are officially entering the “free-fall” phase of the season. That is, the front office is faced with a depleted roster and a team rushing to the bottom of the Divisional standings. The FO is trying to do anything to stop the bleeding.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I predicted a dumpster deep dive, but holy cow.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Hey, why not sign me? I could prolly still throw as far as the catcher.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Even Gant’s magic has run out. It’s a sad series in St Louis. Hopefully they can weather the injuries enough to not be out of it by the trade deadline.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow, 7-0 in the top of the third with no outs. As bad as this is, you probably let Grant throw 90 or so pitches to eat this and next inning. The probability of a Cardinal come back is next to zero.

David
    Participant

Free

Blame the hitting or lack of pitching or even the injuries but in my opinion this team has no heart. Look at the Giants. We have a better team batting Average, better era, and the giants have had Longo, belt, Crawford, solano, cueto, yaz, Webb all on the d.l. But still with all that they have the best record in baseball. And why is that because a 220 hitter will get the big hit or a north of 4 era bullpen pitcher will get that big out. Sadly this team is taking on the personality of its Manager… just going through the motions and using cliche robotic responses.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Scoring opportunity missed. Team continues to struggle to get a hit with runners in scoring position.

David
    Participant

Free

So typical of the Cardinals season. A player has the chance to step up and get a big two out hit and fails.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years