2021 Cardinals MLB Game 6 thread – Wednesday, April 7 at Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 6 thread – Wednesday, April 7 at Marlins

Viewing 17 posts - 51 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Overall a great game. Yadi a big homer to ease the tension. Their pitching really degraded after that. Oneil has to do better than swing at pitches clearly out of zone especially when it was 2-0 and the pitcher was wild. Carlson came through there but he’s still struggling against quality pitching. He’s a lot closer to getting it together than the other outfielders though. Until he can do more than hit mistake pitches, I’m keeping him where he is. I liked edmands steal tonight better than last night, stealing early in the count as opposed to two strikes on the hitter. Flaherty pitched great and relief was strong as well.

Participant

Free

After today our opening day outfield is a combined 7 for 55 a 127 batting average! Yep I’d say for sure the worst hitting outfield so far this year and if things don’t get better soon Thomas Nogiwski and others will start getting chances! It is great that all 3 of Carlson’s hits have been homers but 158 ain’t very good!

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Great game for the offense and pitching staff. Flaherty needed that after his bad season opener and the offense for the most part appears to be clicking. However, it’s becoming clear that the “Trade other outfielders and keep Tyler Bro’Neil” experiment will be, if it hasn’t happened already, a complete failure.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I like Nogowski’s .750 OBP.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just a workman like 7 RS game, and a W. This thread is comical, thanks for that.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I figure carp getting that walk will guarantee him another 5 straight starts even if he doesn’t get a hit. That is the only positive carp gives, he int afraid of a walk.

Participant

Really nice win. Edman, Goldy, NA, Yadi, and Dylan are going to have to carry this offense. Just the way it is. With good pitching and defense we should be fine, until we can find a solution for the corner outfield spots. Need at least one of them to be filled adequately to cover for the weak bat at SS.

Participant

Free

Hicks’ arm looks as fast as it was previously. 103 in that last at bat.

I can’t remember seeing Hicks’ knockout 92 mph slider from two years ago, that reminds me of Bugs Bunny pitching. Hope it comes around.

Participant

Free

Nice win today.

I was so happy for the start of the season. Ready to talk some din-din, Cardinal baseball, etc. Then I saw that the All-Star game thread got shut down. That took the wind out of my sails. I thought this was a place for all Cardinal fans to make their voices heard. It is disappointing to learn that it is not.

A caged bird loses the will to sing.

Sorry to be a downer after a big win and a series sweep. But I just thought it important to let the record reflect that some Cardinal fans have a heavy heart tonight due to the realization that freedom of speech is no longer alive and well in the United States of America.

Disillusioned,

Tinky.

Participant

Free

I value freedom of speech as well, Tinky.

I like setting the record clear, and speaking up when I feel I need to be heard, though I didn’t have much compulsion to speak into the debate, other than to share one post there.

But I’m also sympathetic to Brian. There was some name-calling on that thread, and it was a real mixed bag. Since I’m not paying my way here, as a ‘free’ customer (with someone else footing the bill, in other words), I respect his right to do what he needs to do to manage his time, keep things civil, etc.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I respect your views, Tinky…but freedom of speech has never and will never be the freedom to say whatever you want, wherever you want, with no consequence. If a private message board owner loses the right to decide what kind of content he’s allowing on his forum, that’s actually a far bigger 1st amendment loss for all of us at large than someone closing a thread like that. Besides, we are all better than to let differences of opinion change the common respect we have for one another as diehard Cardinals fans. Go Cards!

Participant

There’s never a reason for name calling. But there’s always a reason for discussing politics creeping into baseball. That’s a very legitimate discussion.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The rules here are the rules. No politics.

Against my better judgment, I allowed the All-Star Game discussion to proceed. Just as I feared would happen, a number of posters ruined it for the others who wanted to have a respectful exchange. I issued a warning but the posts turned personal. So I did what I threatened to do and closed the thread.

This was not an arbitrary decision.

From the pinned rules thread at the top of this forum:

Non-Cardinals baseball topics do not belong in the forum and may be deleted or moved without notice. These include, but are not limited to race, politics and religion.

If your feelings are hurt by this, you still have the freedom to post your political views elsewhere, but they are not welcome here. If you cannot follow the posted rules, you are not welcome here. Stop the grousing and get back to baseball. It is the home opener, for Pete’s sake…

Participant

Paid - Annual

You made the right call by shutting it down Brian. This board should be about baseball.

And I echo st25’s comments above completely.

Participant

The problem wasn’t a discussion of whether the All Star game and draft should be moved and why. That was a discussion of whether the world of politics should enter the baseball arena at all. A legitimate point of discussion. It was the name calling and lack of courtesy that lead to the thread being closed. Right, BW?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I am done with this subject and I ask others to please let it go as well.

Participant

Free

Bc, I agree with you that a discussion complaining about political decisions entering the arena of baseball, that affects where the All Star game is played, that affects at least one, and hopefully a lot more Cardinals, is a “Cardinals baseball topic”.

Viewing 17 posts - 51 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years