2021 Cardinals MLB Game 51 thread – Friday, May 28 at D-backs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 51 thread – Friday, May 28 at D-backs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

8:40 p.m.
    RHP Johan Oviedo (0-2, 5.74) vs. LHP Madison Bumgarner (4-4, 4.53)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSO in TN, KY and MS

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

We were fortunate last night. Blew a 4-0 lead in the late innings only to hang on for a 5-4 victory. Had chances to put the DBacks away but couldnt capitalize.

With the main weapons in the pen having pitched two days in a row we need Oviedo to give us about seven innings tonight. And the odds of that happening arent very good. Hopefully we can extend the DBacks losing streak to a dirty dozen tonight.

r/Esteemed Rat

bccran
    Participant

Need to rough up Bum and get a big lead early.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wainwright last pitched on the 23rd. So he has had 4 days rest. That doesn’t work any more for some reason?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

That isn’t new. All season to date, the Cardinals have been giving their starters five days of rest, rather than pitching them every fifth day. This is because of 2020. They are trying to keep everyone healthy all season long.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

What’s that hot breath I’m feeling on the back of my neck? Holy moly mouseketeers it’s the Cubs, and they all have exceedingly serious looks on their faces! Well, maybe with the exception of Javier Baez, who appears to be grinning.

I’m ashamed to say tonight is leftovers night (can’t just throw that stuff away). I think the Snakes are going to extend their streak.

Rah Cardinals!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I had to take Whitey Herdog to the Vet early this morning for her routine yearly stuff and a Dental. I am picking her back up around 2:30 so she will be on the couch with me tonight for this one. Along with a couple of cigars.

Would like to see the Reds sweep the Cubs this weekend in Wrigley but we will be fortunate if the Big Red Machine wins one of the three.

Bumgarner has been pitching much better lately. We can only hope that there will be some ill-timed luck that goes against the Dbacks in this one that will help extend their streak to a dozen games.

I’ll be having a very late lunch today, around 5:00 or so. Reason is because after I dropped Whitey Herdog off at the Vet’s I stopped at the Corner Cafe and got me some biscuits & gravy and hash browns. This place absolutely has the best B&G in the entire state, if not the entire Midwest. Yum yum! And my late din-din tonight will be a center cut rib chop in the air fryer, some baked beans, a glass of water, and either a bowl of homemade ice cream or a piece of Strawberry cream pie.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hopefully Oviedo can give us 5 or 6 innings tonight since the good part of the pen was pretty much used up last night. Tonight we are probably going to see Webb, Woodford, Whitley, and Fernandez, which doesn’t bode well unless the offense has a surprising outburst.

Friday night is pizza night at my house. I will be having an organic cheese pizza from the local health food store, a big glass of diet mountain dew, and a small chocolate brownie for dessert.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Not sure what’s on tap for us for din-din. Now and then we hit a local craft brew pub on Friday night, the exact one depending on which food truck we prefer.

Pitching-wise tonight’s match-up looks to favor the Phoenix Rattlesnakes. And you figure they are due for a win. I am going to have to predict a Cardinal “L” tonight, but a recovery to take the next 2 and 3 of 4 for the series.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well I don’t believe giving extra rest saves guys from injuries. In fact it might lead them to more injuries. In fact our whole team seems china fragile.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

D-Bs have Cardinals reject Carson Kelly hitting 2nd tonight with his 1.000+ OPS and Cardinals reject David Peralta batting clean up.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hope Oviedo can do well. Mikolas to be re-evaluated in 4 to 6 weeks.

bccran
    Participant

Mikolas is paid $17 million a year in 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023. MLB can be a tough industry to project with any assurance cost vs. value.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

After being pretty good in Japan he had the monster 2018 with us, signed the big contract and went 9-14. Then missed last year and probably most of this year at best. Not as spectacular of a post cashing in crash as Carpenter, but potentially more just as costly if we eat the whole contract.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Yadier Molina (R) C
    6. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    7. Edmundo Sosa (R) SS
    8. Lane Thomas (R) RF
    9. Johan Oviedo (R) P

GACard
    Participant

Free

It’s kind of sad that with our depth our lineup is just as dangerous, if not more dangerous, with a pitcher rather than a DH haha

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

GACard, Williams produces some eye popping exit velocities, what more do you want?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

As I type this we are currently tied with the Cubs for first place. They down the Reds today at Wrigley by the score of 1-0. A Bote homerun the only tally of the game. Wind was blowing in today and it was an experience in the outfield. Plus the wind knocked down 2-3 homeruns as well. Anyway, tonight’s game sees 1st place on the line again.

Whitey Herdog is back from the Vet’s and doing well. I am eating my late supper tonight of a center cut rib chop in the air fryer, some baked beans, and a piece of strawberry cream pie.

Be tough to handle Madison tonight but maybe somebody will surprise us. I sure hope Williams is not in the lineup tonight. Or tomorrow night, or the next night, or the next, etc, etc.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For our din-din we had a vegetable curry dish picked up from an Indian restaurant. It was spicy and pretty good for something different. Wouldn’t have minded a couple meatballs sitting on top but I don’t think they have meatballs. Besides, I am on a diet. Some more back yard strawberries for desert.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Still waiting for Carlson to get rolling. Hope he can make the proper readjustments….sooner rather than later. MadBum is usually pretty tough on us. But not tonight. I think we romp in this game to the tune of 9-3.

Biscuits & gravy, fried ribs, homemade ice cream and strawberry drizzled cake. Welcome home, Rat. Glad to see your din-dins are rounding back into form. Thumbs up to Scotty and BicycleMike’s din-dins tonight. Thumbs down for Bling’s

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We’ve been better vs LH pitchers so far, but I’m expecting Oviedo to give up 5, 7-5 final, and a W.

Meat lovers supreme was gooooood.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We got the tools, we got the talent. 4-0

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tyler O’Neill just loves series when he comes back from the DL. 10 dingers so far in only 113 plate appearances is a pretty solid start.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

But Johan has a 5.74 ERA so we better get some more runs.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Horrible throw by Thomas. Should’ve been a gimme assist and put out for the final out of the inning and no runs.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.