2021 Cardinals MLB Game 4 thread – Monday, April 5 at Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 4 thread – Monday, April 5 at Marlins

Viewing 22 posts - 51 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As of now, O’neill is the masher in the OF, hitting .188, with Carlson at .091, Williams and Dean .000.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Also, I wish guys would get away from the head first slide. O’Neill probably gets an SB if he goes in feet first.

How long before we see Knizner in there?

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

Bling boy… there may be only 3 players hitting over 250… but Ponce has the most wins and lowest era amongst the starters. In other words it’s game 4/162. I’m predicting now that both those stats will change before the end of the month.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

Too many Ks tonight. We need to be more aggressive with that first pitch. It seems like we’re always falling behind in the count.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

Edman raised his average 33 points with a hit tonight… and now is batting 200. If he gets 2 hits tomorrow, that’ll be 4 players over 250. 😳

Participant

Free

Always good to win, but whoa nellie that outfield hitting 0 for 11 with 5 strike outs. U-G-L-Y there ain’t no alibi it’s ugly bad.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Reyes sets em down in the 9th, giving up only a single, and the Cards win 4-1. Back to .500.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

The outfield is a work in progress.. they’ll get better though. Just need to find a groove. It seems like there all trying to every pitch out of the stadium

Participant

Paid - Annual

Great pitching tonight but hitting a little weak. But to be honest outside of that first inning, their pitching was really good. Sometimes you have to admit that instead of saying our hitters were bad. I mean we say our pitching was good but they could say their hitting was bad so I’m going with the overall pitching on both sides was really good.

Participant

Paid - Annual

It was also nice to get to see an actual Cardinals broadcast, nice to hear jimmy ball game again. Took it to be on a oddball channel and not hd but I’ll take it.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Once Pugs knocks the rust off, I’ll check his PBP too.

Thank you……thank you very much, Bling. Good news out of America’s Dairyland. The PBP yipps that have been plaguing me over this past month, appears to have disappeared as quickly as they surfaced. I called a 5 inning virtual reality tune up game last night featuring the Pawtucket State Pirates vs the Arizona State Sun Devils and trust me when I say that the PBP was a thing of beauty. I deem myself ready, willing and more than able to advance to the show. It could be as early as tomorrow evening. I thank all of those who have sent emails of concern during these most difficult of times……it means a bunch, gang!

Only one walk issued this evening. You won’t lose many doing that. We needed that!

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Free

Be careful, TexasCard and BB. 25 will start accusing you of polluting.

Participant

Free

How about tag-teaming with David. Color and PBP, in some fashion?

Participant

Paid - Annual

As long as David has no aspirations of supplanting your’s truly as lead PBP dog, I’m all in with teaming up with David, So_Cal.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman raised his average 33 points with a hit tonight… and now is batting 200. If he gets 2 hits tomorrow, that’ll be 4 players over 250.

Not so fast David. Sadly, Yadi dropped back to .231. So as of now we have 2 regulars hitting over .250, Goldy and NA. Yadi’s .231 does give us 3 hitting above the Mendoza line though. Perhaps if we moistened the paper bags it would help. Is that legal?

Participant

Free

Need to get it going to support PG and NA.

Mo’s Fab 6 –

DeJong – .200
    O’Neill – .188
    Carlson – .091
    Williams – .000
    Thomas – didn’t make team
    Bader – Out

Participant

Paid - Annual

Those would make for pretty fair ERA’s, Cranny.

Participant

Free

Very early in the season, obviously, but if it continues the Cards will need to make an OF move.
    Left handed bat needed badly to hit 4th.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A lefty power bat probably would profile better at 3rd to allow for the L-R-L-R effect.

Still, it’s way too early to say anything for sure. The Cards could be the ones selling at the deadline or they could be aggressive buyers. We will know more as we get through April and May.

Participant

Free

Would actually like to pick up a bat earlier than that, and bat him 2nd.

Edman
    New Lefty OF Bat
    Goldy
    Arenado
    Carlson
    DeJong
    O’Neill
    Yadi
    Pitcher

I don’t like Goldy hitting 2nd because you have the 8th place hitter, pitcher, and Edman coming up before him.

Participant

Paid - Annual

So you move the one guy, yadi, that has had some big hits down to 8. No way.

Viewing 22 posts - 51 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years