2021 Cardinals MLB Game 4 thread – Monday, April 5 at Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 4 thread – Monday, April 5 at Marlins

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

5:40 p.m. CT
    RHP Daniel Ponce de Leon (1-3, 4.96 in 2020) vs. LHP Trevor Rogers (1-2, 6.11 in 2020)
    BSM // KMOX

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals game on Monday airs on Bally Sports Midwest Plus

The Cardinals’ game at Miami on Monday, April 5, will air on Bally Sports Midwest Plus because of overlap with Blues hockey on Bally Sports Midwest. Cardinals pregame starts at 5 p.m. CT, followed by Cardinals-Marlins at 5:30.

Channel numbers for Bally Sports Midwest Plus can be found below. The game can also be streamed on FOX Sports GO. A full schedule of upcoming Cardinals and Blues games scheduled for Bally Sports Midwest Plus will be available in the coming days.

Bally Sports Midwest Plus Channel Numbers

St. Louis
    Bally Sports Midwest Plus
    AT&T TV 671-1
    AT&T U-verse 1747
    Cable America 22
    Consolidated 181
    DirecTV 671-1
    Fidelity 472
    Grafton Technologies 789
    Highland Communications 551
    HomeTel 1196
    HTC Communications 1077
    Madison Communications 26
    Spectrum 826
    Vast (New Wave) 208
    Wabash Communications 371

Downstate Illinois
    AT&T TV 671-1
    AT&T U-verse 1747
    Cass 197
    DirecTV 671-1
    Mediacom (Southern Ill.) N/A
    Vast (New Wave) 2 or 208
    Xfinity 520

Mid-Missouri
    AT&T TV 671-1
    AT&T U-verse 1747
    Cable America (Republic, St. Robert) 1058
    Cable One (Joplin) 170
    Cable One (Kirksville) 56
    Centurylink (Columbia) 1747
    DirecTV 671-1
    Fidelity 468 or 472
    Mediacom (Mid-Missouri) 126
    Mediacom (Springfield, Mo.) 126
    Spectrum (Cape Girardeau, Mid-Mo.) 826
    Suddenlink (Branson) N/A
    Vast (New Wave) 208

Iowa
    AT&T TV 671-1
    AT&T U-verse 1747
    Cedar Falls Utilities 23
    Coon Rapids Municipal Cable N/A
    DirecTV 671-1
    Mediacom 822 or 833
    Muscatine Power & Water 67

Southwest Indiana
    AT&T TV 671-1
    AT&T U-verse 1747
    Cinergy-Metronet 957, 961, 962, 963 or 966
    Clay County/Endeavor (Terre Haute) 27
    DirecTV 671-1
    Spectrum (Evansville, Newburgh) 2, 12.1 or 505
    Spectrum (Terre Haute) 13
    Vast (New Wave) 1208
    WOW (Evansville) 103

Check local listings for additional channel numbers.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Well I got channel 505, we will see if it’s on there. It’s got the Cardinals game on there today but it’s the reds broadcast.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I have fox sports go but it only lets me stream certain things and not the baseball games

Participant

Paid - Annual

Well thanks Brian for that info. Found out I only had fox sports not go. So I downloaded that and seemed like it was going to work but to no avail. It said the video doesn’t work on chromecast. What the heck. Things are conspiring against me.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

I’m in Oregon. I have the MLB extra innings to watch all the Cardinals games including the painful one today but fortunately I had to turn it off when it was 4-1.

Participant

Paid - Annual

David, sounds weird since that is my name, who are the announcers for the mlb extra innings cardinal games

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

It’s the Cardinals announcers. For the Reds series it was Danny Mac and Brad Thompson. Thompson won’t be there for the Marlins series. I assume it will either be McCarver or Edmonds unless they have someone else.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I am like you David, in that I live out of the Cardinal’s blackout area and can watch the games on the mlb.tv app. But they still have the archaic black out feature, so I cannot see the local team’s games, the Colorado Rockies.

We cut the cord with cable back in 2017, so no help there. We have over-the-air and streaming, and are never going back to cable. I say that now knowing things could change of course, but really, we have found a far better value from a stand-alone internet services and a couple of streaming subscriptions, along with over-the-air televisions.

kscardfankscardfan
    Participant

Free

There are ways to watch without mlb or bally’s I hear there is anyway. I’m blacked out in a state they claim to not be broadcasting in.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

There are. My wife’s son always seem to know the places to go to stream the Colorado Avalanche games for free. I know there are ways to do that with MLB games as well.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Reading upchat, including Brian’s mile long post of channels, I just smile since I don’t worry about it anymore. ESPN gamecast gives me a way to check on progress regularly while I am doing something besides sitting through endless commercials. I do intend to listen to Shannon whenever I can. I think he is doing 50 home games IIRC. Once Pugs knocks the rust off I will check his pbp too.

Participant

Paid - Annual

If the two fill in guys at the bottom of the rotation do not fare any better than the top 3, we will probably see the 13-13 mix go to 14-12.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

The bullpen was used a lot in the reds series. It’ll be nice for Ponce and Gant to go deep in their starts. I’m confident Flaherty will bounce back. Having such a big lead early, it allowed him to approach it as spring training game and maybe make some pitches he wouldn’t normally make if say it was a 1 or 2 run lead. Anyhow, that’s just my glass half-full outlook.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

I used to stream games on Reddit.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian, one of these days I am going to get you to include Arkansas in your TV listings. 🙂

Many different cable outlets in this state have a channel designated for FSM (Bally’s), at least for the Cardinal games.

Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. P. Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    5. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    6. Yadier Molina (R) C
    7. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    8. Austin Dean (R) RF
    9. D. Ponce de Leon (R) P

ZTRZTR
    Participant

Free

I’m in the Nashville area and the Xfinity guide will list the Cards game on Fox but what get is the Reds.

At least that’s how it’s been the past few years.

Ill just be using this site to keep tabs on the Cardinals moving forward.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Shildt pregame:

Ponce keys are to control counts, needs FB in zone. Be there with cutter and curve. Don’t make it bigger than it is. Showed back to 2018 he can go deeper into games. Needs consistency.

On no suspensions from Cincy: Some sense of relief I guess, but little to no expectation there would be suspensions on our end. Did not need this to confirm closeness of team. Sometimes skirmishes happen later. Found out about group. A together and passionate team.

On Williams slow start: Pressure is possible. Not overly nervous. Acclimation. Will get more opportunities and will be fine.

Miller is selfless. Had big inning yesterday. Normally not a game a 12-year veteran would be in. But they needed an inning. He did not bat an eye.

On Edman dive play Sunday. Prepitch focus and awareness. Great jump. Not easy to catch and then a lot of athleticism to get up and make throw.

Have to stay for first 10 days of season with 13 pitchers. Will evaluate 14 when that time passes.

KK will pitch 5 or 6 ups and downs, 75 pitches Tuesday in Jupiter vs. minor leaguers not gone to alternate site. Threw 4 innings last time. Will rejoin team last day in Miami and travel back to StL. Could rejoin active roster at that time. Nowhere else to go as they are not waiting for minor league season.

Dean is starting today, hitting 8th vs. LHP. Takes good at-bats. Drives ball to all fields. Can handle all kinds of pitching. Flat swing. Likes to play hard.

Carter Le GrandCarter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Pitching and RISP are bound to get better…doncha think?

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

My concern is that batting 4th and 5th you have two guys that strike out alot. Especially O’Neill.

Just put the ball in play boys, good things can happen. In other words…….JUST MAKE SOME CONTACT!!!!!

And for my din-din later tonight I am going to make me a Philly Cheesesteak. Be my first attempt at making one. I’ll let everyone know how it turns out. I am not exactly a Chefboyardee.

r/Esteemed Rat

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards start the game by working a walk on 4 pitches, and then Goldy gets another walk on 4 pitches. Nice start.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rogers is effectively wild…for the Cards. The passed ball scores a run. Runners on 2nd and 3rd.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Way to be, Yadi!! 2 run double and it’s 3-0 Cards.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

Didn’t waste those walks… both scored.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years