2021 Cardinals MLB Game 32 thread – Thursday, May 6 vs Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 32 thread – Thursday, May 6 vs Mets

Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Should have pitched Flaherty with a better chance for series win.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

I stand corrected. I had to find a way online to watch them nibble,nibble, nibble. Sheesh.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great, we’ve walked in 3 runs in the last 2 games. Giveaways.

Bur at least they got out of the inning down only 1.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gant just does not have the stuff to be a starter. He’s pitching his heart out and the ERA looks great, but a major reckoning is coming soon. He isn’t going to allow a super low batting average with guys on all year. You can’t get by while walking guys at the rate he does.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gant’s walks per nine is now 7.36. That’s “topped” currently by only relievers Webb, Hicks and Woodford.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

We need one more run. If we can force extras, we can get rid of Walker after the 10th inning.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Here come the hits

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Or maybe we are just offensively challenged again today

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Webb has completely imploded then Woodford throws some gas on the fire. Do we lead the league in giving up walked in runs this year?

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

On the bright side. Maybe a good day for it. Not like they have torn Walker up.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

This is painful to watch.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Isn’t it time to drop Webb? I understand that he had a good 2020. Can he be outrighted, or has that happened to him before?

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

He could be put through waivers. Would anyone take a chance on him?

1982 willie
    Participant

I don’t know why webb is still on roster, any bum can pitch as good as him. It just boggles the mind. Get a replacement. Righty or lefty I don’t care.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With Miller out and Webb ineffective, I think they should prioritize finding another lefty reliever. Perhaps a Woodford or Elledge might fetch one, if they can’t find one in house. Liberatore and Thompson excluded, as they need AAA starting experience.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I feel that we have left 3 or 4 wins on the table so far. Splitting with the Mets feels like we lost.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We may never win again.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We may never win again

I love the BlingBoy hot takes after wins and losses. Lol.

It was a bit of a clunker after taking game 1 yesterday and facing their bullpen. Colorado isn’t very good so hopefully the home cooking is good to us over the weekend.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

With Hicks and Miller down it would be nice to have a better bullpen option than Webb. Lefty-righty does not matter as much as quality. Not sure where we get that guy though.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Cardinal in France:

This is painful to watch.

ditto here.

By the way…. for those who voted for Hernandez for the Card’s HOF, you should know how Keith blasts the Cards on SNY-TV in New York. I know the pitching was atrocious yesterday but his comments were brutal and over the top. And he does this all of the time when doing the NYM/STL games. Its almost a slap in the face to the organization for him to be voted in by our fans…. stats aren’t the only factor that should be considered. But in today’s world numbers are all that matter. The Hernandez voters would maybe reconsider their selection if they had been listening KH….. who is not friendly to our organization. Some would blush at his remarks. Ya drank the kool-aid.

Hernandez has no business wearing a red jacket…. no f’in way.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Different strokes for different folks. I also watched the Mets telecast yesterday and appreciate Keith’s candor more than careful happy talk by rightsholder employees. The pitching was atrocious and he just said what we could all see. As noted by many here, it was a painful game to watch.

The walks are a problem that have to be fixed.

25, we have seen over the years bling use sarcasm at times to try to help people maintain perspective…

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian wrote:

I also watched the Mets telecast yesterday and appreciate Keith’s candor more than careful happy talk by rightsholder employees.

Amen to this. All of the homerism we get from Brad Thompson, Ricky Horton, and even Danny Mac is annoying. Edmonds is the only TV announcer we have who is interesting to me.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder how many voters were Cardinals fans in the 70s.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I just want to forget this game. You WALK 11 Mets, and have 3 hits. Apparently our barrel rate and exit velo must have down this game.

Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.