2021 Cardinals MLB Game 32 thread – Thursday, May 6 vs Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 32 thread – Thursday, May 6 vs Mets

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

12:45 p.m.
    RHP Jack Flaherty (5-0, 3.41) vs. RHP Taijuan Walker (1-1, 3.00)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSO in TN, KY and MS

Monday update: John Gant will start instead, with Flaherty moved to Friday.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Looks like somebody let the air out of our tires while I was sleeping last night. Gotta put an end to that right quick. I rather liked that streak we were on, so let’s start another one now with a fun little slugfest to usher these New Yorkers out of town.

I’m afraid din-din tonight will be a very unspectacular and un-French pork chops and corn with mashed potatoes and cornbread, topped off with some good ol’ rice pudding like Mom used to make.

Rah Cardinals.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Just in case you haven’t been keeping track…. Edman leads the NL in hits with 38. So far the offensive part of his game is looking pretty sound. With his versatile defense the guy seems to be underrated, at least on here by a couple of unbelievers… and you all know one very well. He has been dismissing Edman’s talent since Tommy broke into pro-ball.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tommy has made us not miss Wong so much to be sure. Somehow, Fangraphs has Tommy as negative overall value defensively, which doesn’t really pass the eye test so far. DRS likes him more, with a +4 at 2B and a +1 in RF. Wong and he are pretty similar at this point offensively, and hopefully Tommy will be a little less streaky while wielding a solid glove.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

the guy seems to be underrated, at least on here by a couple of unbelievers….and you all know one very well.

GameCard are will come around yet one of these days and hop on the Tommy Edman bandwagon, Nyquist. Edman is a blue chipper who belongs nowhere near a bench seat. His baseball demeanor seems to be from straight out of the 60’s. Peace.

Indeed, not used to seeing such a run of the mill din-din from Cardinal In France. Mine tonight won’t have much flair either. How does Spaghetti with Italian sausages, corn on the cob, Italian bread and chocolate cake, just like dad used to make, grab you?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Is this a 12:15 start or a 12:45 start?

And my din-din today came from the military base where I labored for 31 years. I was back on base and stopped at the cafeteria and brought home a country fried steak/white gravy, mashed potatoes/gravy, a dinner roll, and a piece of apple pie. Along with some Prairie Farms chocolate milk.

Rest assured me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch for this one. Along with a cigar or two throughtout the game.

r/Esteemed Rat

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wonder if this has to do with Carlson’s bump from Game 1 yesterday? He did pinch hit in Game 2 I guess.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like O’Neill has the afternoon off.

STL Lineup

T Edman (S) 2B
    D Carlson (S) RF
    P Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    N Arenado (R) 3B
    P DeJong (R) SS
    J Williams (L) LF
    H Bader (R) CF
    A Knizner (R) C
    J Gant (R) P

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Short delay. Estimated start time is 12:30.

Just a scheduled day off for O’Neill.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Doppler radar shows that once this little band of showers moves through the skies should clear. At least that’s how it appears to me. But once again, I am not a meteorologist.

r/Esteemed Rat

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

A quick reminder that this is the day’s free game on MLB.TV.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

3 strikeouts for Walker in the 1st, two looking.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Knizner makes even an OK throw there, Pillar is out.

TNRoberson2013
    Participant

Free

Can someone tell me why the Free Game of the Day is still blacked out? I have only gotten to see THREE Cardinal games this year and was really looking forward to watching today.

Kevin

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

TNRoberson2013, I believe the local blackout rules still apply even for the free games.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Braves game shows up as game of the day.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gant in trouble again in the third. I hate to say it, but he’s due to give up a big inning after all his tight rope walking.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gant owes Williams a steak dinner after that delightful play. He makes the leaping grab at the wall to get him out of the major jam.

TNRoberson2013
    Participant

Free

They never were before this year. That was the way I used to watch the games in the past but for some reason ever since Bally Sports took over the “rules” have gone out the window and anything that has St. Luis Cardinals (or any form thereof) in the title is blacked out. Even if it is a replay of a game from 30 years ago. Very frustrating that MLB, DirecTv, Dish, all the media outlets don’t care about the fans and even more frustrating that there in not enough fans who will boycott these outlets to make a difference.

Fed up in Missouri!

Kevin

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

kscardfan said:

Braves game shows up as game of the day.

The Braves game is free on YouTube. The Cards game is the free Game of the Day on MLB.TV, but yes, the blackout rules always apply.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gant takes a lot of time between pitches, and nibbles too much. It’s worked so far this year, though.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Uncharacteristic errors by Dejong and Arenado on routineish throws. This one puts Alonso on with 1 out in the 5th.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now Gant compounds the problem with his 4th walk in 4-1/3 innings. He’s been squirming out of jams, but he is walking way way too many to be successful.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Walks kill.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.