2021 Cardinals MLB Game 3 thread – Sun 4/4 at Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 3 thread – Sun 4/4 at Reds

Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We have a couple of pitchers in Webb and Helsley who could be better served spending time in Memphis for a bit.

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Well, 27 earned runs given up in three games, and an abhorrent decision by MLB to move the ASG from Atlanta over grossly misinformed political reasons in the middle of the opening series. Welcome to the 2021 season, folks.

Participant

Paid - Annual

We have two guys hitting over .250, Goldy and NA.

ZTRZTR
    Participant

Free

Well, that didn’t go well but, as I like to say, you really won’t know what you’ve got until around the end of May.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Well I’m not a fan of webb at all and helsley just seems very hittable this year. Carlos pitched well, just made a bad pitch to costellanos but we got to score more runs. But we have time.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

I don’t usually pay attention to the stats until after 3 appearance for pitchers and after the 50th ab for hitters. Some start out fast, others blend in as the season progresses. Edman struggled this series and our pitching was rocked but that tells nothing for the Marlins series. If Edman goes 5/12 in the next series… it brings his average up to 291 which is respectable. Now if he did that in the reds series and 2/12 in the Marlins series his average would still be 291. Understand my point.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Shildt post-game comments

Don’t want to magnify it at all. Today was aberration. BP use first 2 games was reason to stay with Carlos. Made pitch that hurt. With better hop might have gone 6-7 innings. Thought early he might have been able to throw no-hitter.

Waino had just as good of control yesterday. Only bad pitch all day was to Barnhart. Jack pitched in frozen tundra on Thursday. Tough to get grip on baseball. He depends on off-speed. Lot of confidence in Ponce tomorrow.

Had plan, but only as good as execution.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

CMart postgame:

Feeling like he had best pitches in first two innings this year, including spring training.

Still feeling good and strong. Breaking balls great, fastball when needs it.

Was competing. Forget about this game. Have a lot of games in long season.

If focused in pen and warming up, that is everything. He can help team win games.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

I hope new mentality means don’t throw him a batting practice pitch. If it does, he is over thinking it.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

I have Comcast. I’m in Oregon so I purchased the extra innings package so I can watch the games live. Each team has their own channel so I’m able the Cardinals broadcast. Apparently they are broadcasting from St.louis… while doing the play by play.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Not a good start, but three games is nothing to base too many opinions on.

One thing I will say though, is I picked the Reds to win the division before the season started. I love their lineup, and if they can get any kind of pitching at all they will be tough. I also think David Bell is under-rated as a skipper.

As for our club, the starting pitching has not been there in the first three. Yesterday’s game was tough as Waino got dinked and dunked. But then again, it shows what can happen if you just put the ball in play.

Did it seem to you guys that the shift hurt us more than helped in this series? Seems like we would have been better off playing straight up, but I may be off base on that. I am sure clubs have numbers on the net-outs-gained by employing the shift. Just looked to me like we were out of position at key moments in the last two games where we could have limited the damage.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Bikemike? Did I read that right? You actually picked the Reds to win the NL Central???

Does Pugs know this?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Giving up 27 earned runs, and a team era of 9.72 is not what was envisioned by most of us. They ran into hot team though, as I don’t believe the Reds pitching to be that good.

Participant

Paid - Annual

The reds are a team that almost always seems good on paper but reality is they just don’t get it done. No

Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years