2021 Cardinals MLB Game 3 thread – Sun 4/4 at Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 3 thread – Sun 4/4 at Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

12:10 pm CT, Carlos Martinez (0-3, 9.90 in 2020) vs. RHP Jeff Hoffman (2-1, 9.28 in 2020), Bally Sports Midwest/KMOX

Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    5. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    6. Yadier Molina (R) C
    7. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    8. Justin Williams (L) RF
    9. Carlos Martinez (R) P

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Same lineup all three games this series. All relievers have seen action by game two. Sosa and Knizner yet to debut this season along with SP’s Martinez, Gant and Ponce.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I wonder if there will be any lingering effects from yesterday’s issues? I doubt it, but me and Whitey Herdog will certainly be tuning in.

For din-din today it’s a repeat of yesterday. A center cut rib chop in the air fryer, some chopped up hot dogs in bar-b-q sauce, Ruffles potato chips, Sunkist Orange, a piece of banana cream pie, and afterwards a cigar. The din-din will start right around the time of the 1st pitch. My living room coffee table will once again serve as my dining table.

r/Esteemed Rat

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Shildt pregame comments Sunday:

At end of spring training, CMart had plus stuff and good command. Expect that from him today.

Hopes any penalties for Castellanos situation will be monetary (rather than suspensions). Hasn’t heard formally from MLB yet.

Woodford recovers well. Highly likely he will be available today, but possible tomorrow. Expect him to recover at normal pace.

Nice milestone for Hicks yesterday. Don’t take for granted that guys will come back effectively. Celebrated it yesterday.

Arenado HR at last strike. Great example of him and his team. Taking game serious. Fight, scratch and claw. Some days we run out of game.

Edman made underrated play to get second out of ninth on Opening Day. Rangy, athletic. Puts himself in right spot defensively. Smart, conscientious player. Off to nice start defensively. Have other OFs who can play CF, too. Nice to know he is willing and able to do it.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Hicks pregame comments:

Yesterday was similar feeling to spring training. Just getting back out and competing. Felt good. Didn’t realize was facing pitcher until back to dugout. Got pitches when needed them.

On his role in skirmish Saturday: Wanted to be there for my guys. Don’t want to discuss details. Nothing derogatory said to him. Have to mentally reset and lock in and refocus.

Felt good in long toss today but will be taking things slower. (In response to question if he could go back to back days.)

Participant

Paid - Annual

Well they have the cincinnati broadcast on both my foxsports channels again today. Bunch of bullcrap. Doesn’t look like they are going to have any of the marlins games live either, stupid indiana high school sports. Looks like milwaukee series is first one I might get live cardinal broadcast and not sure about that.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos pitching good but Cardinals bats are cold as ice. The reds pitcher is throwing well though. But this has been a week series for some like edman and carlson among others. I guess carlson can’t go back to the wall very well either. That ball should have been caught. Oneil just got a double, maybe something brewing.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Yadi needs to at least get him over

Participant

Paid - Annual

Way to go yadi

Participant

Paid - Annual

Mute them willie. Can you pick up KMOX there? If not maybe you can stream it.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy should have went and got that ball not sit back but it’s a tough play

Participant

Paid - Annual

Yea I already have them muted. No no knox. Don’t have any option to stream that I know of. It’s just frustrating. We have far more cardinal fans here than any other team far as baseball goes, no reason not to get cardinal games.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos was pitching fairly well but then a couple plays here and there and that heel Castellanos hits one out and it’s a 4-1 hole the Cards will be hard pressed to dig out from.

Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s what happens when you throw a batting practice pitch up there, making castellanos a lot better than he is.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

It’s 4-1… they can make a comeback.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

Hindsight… probably should have walked Castellanos then brought in Webb but oh well..

Participant

Paid - Annual

Well we get our big bats up with runners on and no outs and they fizzle, really depressing. Goldy hit it ok but arenado has to do more with the pitch he got especially when castellanos homered on basically same pitch.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

Missed opportunity. Bullpen needs to come up big and not let the reds score… we still have 3 more Innings to make up 3 runs. Go Cardinals.

And BTW, I really don’t like Thompson as an Analyst. Thank you.

Participant

Paid - Annual

10-1. jeesh. has anyone played this game?

Participant

Free

Nothing like a good old fashioned butt whipping to start the new season. There are glaring holes as we all knew would hold this version of the Cardinals back. Pitching (starting and relief) and outfield leaves much to be desired.

Participant

Free

This game is painful to watch.

David: Brad Thompson is paid by the word, whether they make sense or not.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Well I went to shave and shower and our pitching blows up. Just as well, probably not going to score anymore anyway.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

It’s only the 3rd game. I am not worried… We will get it together.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

1982willie wrote:
    Well they have the cincinnati broadcast on both my foxsports channels again today. Bunch of bullcrap. Doesn’t look like they are going to have any of the marlins games live either, stupid indiana high school sports. Looks like milwaukee series is first one I might get live cardinal broadcast and not sure about that.

What service do you have willie? I have DirecTV, everything is good up here my way.

r/Esteemed Rat

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years