2021 Cardinals MLB Game 26 thread – Friday, April 30 at Pirates

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 26 thread – Friday, April 30 at Pirates

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

5:35 p.m.
    RHP John Gant (1-2, 2.25) vs. RHP J.T. Brubaker (2-1, 2.01)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

After yesterday’s homerun and with a RH pitcher going in this one I just about expect Carpenter to be in the lineup for this one. Also expect Bader to make an appearance in the later innings tonight.

Din-din today will be a Subway chicken terayaki sandwich with some chopped up hotdogs in bar-b-q sauce. Along with some strawberry cake and extra glaze.

And me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch for this one, along with a cigar or two. The only question left to answer tonight is whether I tune in to the Giants/Padres game late tonight or watch an episode of Barnaby Jones.

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    6. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    7. Andrew Knizner (R) C
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. John Gant (R) P

Participant

Paid - Annual

6 right handed bats in a row is a travesty. Nice to see Bader in the 8 hole.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thus far in 2021, Brubaker has allowed a .256/.356/.462 line to righties and .143/.217/.214 line to lefties. So I’m guessing that’s why they have so many righties in the lineup.

Participant

Paid - Annual

6 right handed bats in a row is a travesty.

Yep, that is a real weakness with this offense. No balance. That is why I am a big advocate of a LH bat addition, instead of another RH bat.

Participant

Paid - Annual

It used to be considered a rookie manager mistake to line up bats with the starting pitcher in mind. A lineup like ours today is a blessing to the opposing manager later in a close game. A military lineup is the way to go, or as close as you can come. Especially so with the 3 batter rule in place.

Participant

Paid - Annual

The problem is we don’t have any good LH options besides Edman and Carlson. The roster is too RH.

Participant

Paid - Annual

The roster is too RH

Mo needs to re-program his computer.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We just let a LH leadoff 2Bman walk over $, so it’s kind of self-inflicted, but the biggest loss has been Carps LH bat.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I am usually to shamed to mention my din din, here amongst accomplished culinarians. But tonight will be a Cornish hen in my new air fryer and homemade parmesan and garlic risotto, which I make expertly in my great grandmother’s cast iron saucepan. And the first fresh spinach of the year from my mini greenhouse, lightly sautéed in butter and a little chicken stock. I will then likely drift off and miss the game.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Chilean Sea Bass drenched in butter, lemon and capers sauce. Wild Kentucky broccoli, baby red potatoes and Italian bread. Topped off with 3 Popeye’s apple cinnamon pies and Newman’s own lemonade.

Do the Barnaby thing, Rat.

Birds batter Bucs 6-2.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Sorry Bling, did not intend to block your historic din-din post. You had me at the “ish” in “Cornish”. Marvelous din-din spread, Bling!

Participant

Paid - Annual

I haven’t seen any posts from our new old friend who recently introduced himself, unless I’ve missed them.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Yeah I think PeterJean was merely a flash in the pan, Bling.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I had a NY strip steak and some seasoned potato wedges that I grilled up in foil with butter and milk, plus nearly the last batch of frozen sweet corn from our garden’s bounty last year. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to tune into this one as I’m in blackout country for the Pirates. I will follow on Gameday or radio. I’ll say the Cards bust out the bats and win 8-3.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson hits a long one wayyy up on the 21ft. right field Pittsburgh wall…. he’ll settle for a 2-bagger.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Arenado drives in Carlson with a double of his own. Nice to get a couple of extra base hits in an inning.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Arenado a bloop rbi double to left and the Cardinals fly out to the early 1-0 advantage.

Beautiful din-din, Stlcard25. I would have gladly traded my sea bass entree for either your’s or Bling’s din-din tonight.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Don’t ever tell me that Gant can’t. He can and he will stifle these Pirate bats tonight

Participant

Paid - Annual

Gant perfect thru one complete. Let’s start his no hitter watch early. He has that kind of stuff out there this evening.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Knizner displaying some ability with the lumber in his opportunity up here.

Participant

Paid - Annual

“Daddy Long Legs” Polanco has the longest legs I’ve ever seen…..but not the prettiest mind you. That distinction is held by a lovely member of the fairer sex. No-no still intact for Mr. Gant thru 2 complete now.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 3

JT Brubacker still manning the mound for Pittsburgh.

Edman – Lines a hotshot grounder by Brubacker and over the 2nd base bag and out into center for a leadoff base hit.

Carlson – Whiffs swinging…. Brubacker’s 5th K.

Goldy – Goldy strikes out swinging.

Arenado – Time for Nolen to nail one. Lifts a short fly into short left…..Newman drifts out as Tom jogs in and it’s… it’s nobody as the ball is not claimed by either Pirate and Edman races in just ahead of the throw with Arenado checking in at 2nd with a gift double. Great hustle by Tommy E. and it’s now 2-0 Cards.

DeJong – Lines out to Tom in left.

Cards 2
    Pirates 0

Participant

Paid - Annual

Boy this place is a morgue tonight. Think I’ll go watch it upstairs with the dog.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years