2021 Cardinals MLB Game 22 thread – Monday, April 26 vs Phillies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 22 thread – Monday, April 26 vs Phillies

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

One run is like a half a pound of pure gold in a game such as this.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Waino cruises through the 6th. He’s at 66 pitches and has struck out 7 Phillies. A nice start for Waino, for sure.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Waino sitting at 67 pitches thru 6 frames….with 7 K’s and only 3 hits. Time to get this Wheeler guy now…..I feel a run or two here very shortly.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

(I’d believe Stlcard25’s 66 pitches.)

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 6

Williams – Walks…. Wheeler’s first free pass. I feel Wheeler weakening…. don’t you?

Waino – 60 career sac bunts. Tries laying it down with 2 strikes and falls down as the ball pops up in the air towards the mound where Wheeler intentionally let’s the ball drop and then picks it up and fires to Gregorius at 2nd to get Williams and the throw to 1st will get Waino by a literal country mile to complete the double play….ouch that hurt!

Edman – Strikes out.

Scoreless affair.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Waino hangs a curve and pays in a major way. 1-0 Phillies on the only mistake of the night for either pitcher. That might be the game.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hoskins the culprit

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Waino is getting hammered now. He’s been lucky that he hasn’t given up three homers in this inning. Need to limp through the 7th down 1-0 and find a way to get a run in the next three at bats.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not a good sign as Gregorius is playing footsie with that right field foul pole….twice in this at bat with one out and Realmuto straddling 1st on his 3rd hit of the game. Gregorius pops out to Arenado at 3rd.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great catch by Justin Williams to send us to the stretch!! Maybe that will help the bats get going.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Williams with a beauty of a catch to save at least a run. How’s our bull pen boys doing out there…. hopefully not napping.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well got in from a softball game. Looks like a great pitching matchup. Waino pitched great but looks like wheeler might get him unless arenado can hit a long ball here.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 7

Carlson – Pops it up behind Wheeler…who wants it… it’s Gregorius making the easy snare.

Goldy – Grounds it routinely down to Bohm at 3rd who’ll fling her across the diamond to Hoskins at 1st to register the second Cardinal out here in the 7th.

Arenado – On 3-2 Nolan walks on one in the dirt and well outside that he was almost tempted to take an ill advised taste out of.

Yadi – Flies out to Harper in right.

Cards 0
    Phils 1

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Did you go yard in your softball game, Willie?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m not sure if that’s it for Waino tonight, but he’s through 8. It’s a shame that the bats aren’t giving him any help because he’s been excellent. Hopefully Wheeler gets a little tired and makes a mistake or two.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Waino sets them down 1-2-3 in the 8th. Now we just need a little offense to spice the night up some. Give me the choice of seeing the wifey in a new neglijay on this fine Monday evening or a two Cardinal homer….I think you guys know what I’d take.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 8

DeJong – Lines it to right but right in Harper’s direction unfortunately and he’ll have it about 5 feet in front of the track for the out.

O’Neill – Bounces it out to the incoming Gregorius who will glove the ball and swiftly fire it on over to Hoskins’ waiting mitt at 1st for the out.

Williams – Strikes out swinging for the downs and for the first time this year in mlb, two pitchers in the same game have gone 8 full innings…..this certainly is not the 60’s is it?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Waino taken deep again by Hoskins. Sometimes you just get beat and Waino did by Hoskins and it looks like the Cards will by Wheeler.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Shucks! The score is now Hoskins 2 and the Cards 0. Two dingers by Hoskins in this game and 8 on the year. I’ve noticed that he does hit them in bunches. Now he may not jack another one for 2 weeks.

1982 willie
    Participant

Not me pugsley, my girlfriends 8 year old.

1982 willie
    Participant

I guess hopkins just has wainos number though that wasn’t a very good pitch. Still great game by waino.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s all they get is the Hoskins homer as Waino is the recipient of some very warm applause from the St. Louis faithful as he walks towards his dugout for the final time this evening….but those 2 runs look like 20 with the way Wheeler is pitching.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well who would think carpenter would get a walk. But he’s still good at that. Now we are going to bullpen, may be a mistake. I would have went one more hitter before pulling him myself. Pulling him now can lead to second guessing. With 2 runners on, not so much.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Good job by Carp to chase Wheeler. I wonder how valuable a player would be that drew a walk each and every PA and had zero ABs for the year. That could be the new Carp. No more worries about the shift.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards finally get Wheeler out of the game. Now Edman with the walk to put men on 1st and 3rd with no one out. Carlson up now.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years