2021 Cardinals MLB Game 22 thread – Monday, April 26 vs Phillies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 22 thread – Monday, April 26 vs Phillies

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m.
    RHP Zack Wheeler (1-2, 3.80) vs RHP Adam Wainwright (0-2, 5.03)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSW+ in Eastern Arkansas

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I’ll be tuning in for this one. Nice to see the earlier start. Might help me catch more of the Reds and Dodgers in Los Angeles tonight. The Reds losing streak might stretch to ten games by Wednesday since the Dodgers are probably honked after last night.

Din-din today might be special. Another center cut rib chop in the air fryer, green beans, sliced potatoes/gravy, and perhaps – just perhaps – some homemade ice cream. If I can get my old electric freezer to work right I am going to try a new recipe. Yum yum!

r/Esteemed Rat

p.s. I am also planning on hopping on the John Deere and mowing the yard later this afternoon too.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ve been out of town since Friday morning, fishing in Northcentral PA with little to no cell service. I missed the weekend sweep, but it looked like the pitching was solid and the offense did enough to get the Ws. Good work bringing the Cards over .500, gang! Looks like I should be around for most of tonight’s game. Hopefully the Cards can keep winning despite my reappearance.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B

2. Dylan Carlson (S) CF

3. P. Goldschmidt (R) 1B

4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B

5. Yadier Molina (R) C

6. Paul DeJong (R) SS

7. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF

8. J. Williams (L) RF

9. A. Wainwright (R) P

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That homemade ice cream sounds good. I’m having a fried meatloaf sandwich and salad with homemade Caesar dressing.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Back in Dodge City after some walleye fishing today. And “no”, I didn’t catch jack. I didn’t even get a darn nibble. Guy in the boat not too far away was having a fishathon….lucky rascal!

Simple yet dandy din-dins for both Rat & Bling tonight. I should be having fish tonight, but had to settle for a bologna with yellow mustard on white sandwich, yellow corn tostada chips with Tostada’s melted dipping cheese and some lemonade.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 1
    Zack Wheeler dealing for Philadelphia.

Edman – Caught looking on one away after giving Tommy a steady diet of inside pitches.

Carlson – Foul tips it into Realmuto’s mitt for strike 3.

Goldy – Pops one up on the infield half way to Saturn …. Hoskins takes a stride or two to his right off 1st base and it finally lands in his mitt to retire the side.

Cards 0
    Phils 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Roll call por favor.. seems mighty quiet here.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Waino looking bueno!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

jj

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

meatloaf, peas, mashed potatoes and crescent rolls

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 2

Arenado – Fists a fly into left where Miller will glide in a few strides and catch it for the out.

Yadi – Strikes out swinging.

DeJong – Not a lot of offensive action yet in this one, which is right up a baseball purist’s alley….reminds me of….Paulie bounces it past Wheeler’s glove up the middle, but Maton quickly flashes over from 2nd to glove it and throw him out at 1st.

Cards 0
    Phil’s 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sweet! JJ in the house and ready for action. Did you chow down over at Bling’s house tonight, JJ?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Waino 5 K’s thru 2 1/3 innings.

Only 31 pitches thru 3 complete now. Let’s hope Jack is paying attention.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Pugs, I’m just getting on. Been a busy afternoon/night, so far.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 3

O’Neill – Whiffs gazing on a blazer a bit to the outside.

Williams – This game may be over before the 9pm news at this pace. As long as we end up on the favorable side of things, that’ll be fine with me. Justin strikes out swinging, Wheeler’s 5th.

Waino – Lines a shot but right into Hoskins’ mitt at 1st to retire the Birds in order once again. Waino really drilled that puppy, but will head back to his dugout with nothing to show for it…..but a few points shaved off his batting average.

Cards 0
    Phil’s 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sweet, Forschster! What was for din-din tonight?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like O’Neill’s compact swing, more like a hack, a lot more than Williams big windmill. But a K is a K whatever a swing looks like.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Glad to hear the account. Hoping to watch the game after the wife and son hit the hay. Right now Mr Monkey is on the ol tube at Casa Perkins

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Immediately eject Mr. Monkey from the Perkins domicile, MrP.! Get the lad started off on the right foot in life by watching 95% Cardinal baseball and 5% Mr. Monkey.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 4

Edman – Wheeler has been perfecto thus far….if that doesn’t hex him nothing will. Rolls it wide of 1st where Hoskins gloves it….waits a second for Wheeler to get closer to the bag and then underhand feeds his hurler just in front of the streaking Edman for the out.

Carlson – On 2-2 Carlson goes fishing for it way up high and comes up empty….2 down.

Goldy – Pops it up in back of short into left center field where Gregorius races back with Miller racing in….who wants it????? Miller with the tumbling catch…. don’t know how he hung onto it and Wheeler remains perfect thru 4.

No score

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Waino has been pretty good and efficient so far. He’s through 4 innings on 40 pitches with 2 hits allowed and 5 Ks. Unfortunately for the Cards, Zack Wheeler has been arguably better as he’s no hit the Cards through 4 frames on 48 pitches with 6 Ks on the ledger.

Wheeler is really good…he was a guy I was thinking would be a good trade candidate a couple of years ago. His contract was pretty hefty for his then-not amazing results, but he’s been very good with Philly. The fastball really pops.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Indeed….sweet post, Stlcard25. At least in this game Wheeler resembles a mystro…the way he effectively works the would be hitters. Well our guy is no slouch too.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dejong finally breaks up the no no. The Cards’ best chance here may be to drive up the Wheeler pitch count and hope to get to the Phillies’ pen.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 5

Arenado – This big lug is right on the verge of going on a monumental tear. But this time he whiffs on a nasty sinker.

Yadi – Wheeler is really bringing the mustard….the hot mustard unfortunately. Yadi rolls a weak grounder Maton’s way at 2nd and he’ll execute the easy throw over to Hoskins at 1st for the second out here in the Redbird 5th.

DeJong – On 3-2 Paulie fouls off a couple and then lines a base hit to right in front of the charging Harper for the Birds first baserunner of this ballgame.

O’Neill – Pops it up in back of 1st where Hoskins is in hot pursuit of the ball and he’ll grab it right near the chalk about 8 yards in back of the bag to retire the side.

Cards 0
    Phil’s 0

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years