2021 Cardinals MLB Game 20 thread – Saturday, April 24 vs. Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 20 thread – Saturday, April 24 vs. Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m.
    RHP John Gant (0-2, 3.21) vs. LHP Wade Miley (2-1, 2.25)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSO in TN, KY and MS

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Will be in the house for this one. Hope they get it in. Got a room and tickets for Saturday and Sunday.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The combination of a cold wet day and Gant pitching at a snail’s pace will be pretty tough booyah. Maybe pack a flask like you’re going to Arrowhead for a Chiefs game. Sunday should be a nice day though.

If you can, post a thing or two about your experience at the ballpark with the distancing and what not. And what ballpark village is like now days if you get over there at all. Have a fun weekend.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

After watching Kim pitch last night, this one with Gant will be like watching the average filibuster on the floor of the U.S. Senate. I may tune in a good two hours after the game starts and pick it up in the bottom of the third, thinking Gant will either be out or will only go another inning.

Hopefully our pitching depth gets the hairy one back to the bullpen, where he only throws an inning here or there. Shildt’s quick hook will never let him go more than that, even if he carves up the opposition in his inning of work.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

If you look at the Doppler Radar there is no way this one gets in. Unless they postpone it until later tonight. Green stuff all around St. Louis.

r/Esteemed Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And last night’s debacle with Hicks and Reyes wont be the last time that happens this season. Neither one of them can be trusted to throw strikes. It’s about like having two Trevor Rosenthal’s in the pen. And Carlos Martinez is the same way. You just never know what you are going to get from any of these three.

Reyes and Martinez need to be starters. If the Redbirds continue to run Hicks and Reyes out there in late inning situations you may as well brace yourself for some late inning drama in alot of games.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    6. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    7. Andrew Knizner (R) C
    8. Justin Williams (L) RF
    9. John Gant (R) P

5 righties in a row. Not a lot of choice I realize. Poor roster construction.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

What’s the news on Yadi’s ailing foot?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

P-D says game will not start until at least 2 pm per Cards.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

5 righties in a row. Not a lot of choice I realize. Poor roster construction.

I think we are facing a LH pitcher, hence all of the righties. I am surprised Williams is starting over Dean.

1982 willie
    Participant

Late start seems reasonable, lot of wetness over here in indiana. I don’t mind all the righties, in the end you still have to hit the ball. Carpenters out and that’s a great thing in my book. Doesn’t mean we are going to take off but it puts carpenter in best place. A late inning option when we might need a blast.

1982 willie
    Participant

Williams has been hitting the ball lately at least a little bit. I’m not a big fan of his but he has some pop.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like Dean better against the LH pitcher. Dean has pop also.

1982 willie
    Participant

Yea I can see your point, I guess schildt chose what he felt was the hotter hand.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nobody having din-din tonight??

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

My din-din was a ribeye steak in the air fryer along with some crinkle cut seasoned french fries and a MinuteMaid lemonade. Now for dessert a piece of that strawberry cake with extra glaze. Once first pitch rolls around me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch with a big cigar.

And speaking of first pitch, anybody have any idea when that will be?

r/Esteemed Rat

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Just finished din-din, Pugs, thanks for asking. Nothing extraordinary tonight – filet steak with french fries and a green salad, washed down with a nice Cotes du Rhone and finished off with some fresh strawberries and cream.

I’m eager to see what this rearranged lineup can do, and looking forward to a nice night from Knizner.

Rah Cardinals!

1982 willie
    Participant

The tarp was still on the field just a few minutes ago so its gonna be a while.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ribeye steak in the Air Fryer??!? That is a clear cut case of animal abuse! Got some kids-in-law over so I’m trying to keep sane while munching on oreos and following the game online.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Grandkids over. Grilled cheese sandwiches with some tomato soup to dip it in. Grape Nehi.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

335 is not happening. It hasn’t even stopped raining by the stadium. My guess is 430 at the earliest.

Issue become that the Reds haven’t had BP or warmups due to rain.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Bling? Every time you mention Grape Nehi it makes me realize I need to get some. When I worked for the govt at a naval base their little gas station/store had bottled Nehi Grape. I’d go and get me some every so often. Of course I would usually buy Robin a couple of bottles too since she was smoking hot!

r/Esteemed Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

868booyah wrote:

335 is not happening. It hasn’t even stopped raining by the stadium. My guess is 430 at the earliest.

The Doppler Radar shows the rain is just about out of the St. Louis area. It does appear that this game will at least be played sometime today.

BallySportsOhio, the Reds station, just said the first pitch will indeed be about 4:35 eastern.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rat I used to ride my bike to the gas station to get a bottle and pop off the cap with the opener on the wall above a trash can for the cap to fall into. Now it comes in cans. Haven’t seen a bottle in ages.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years