2021 Cardinals MLB Game 18 thread – Wed, April 21 at Nationals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 18 thread – Wed, April 21 at Nationals

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

O’Neill you guys say, huh? The guy that strikes out all the time. Is that what we want? Sounds like a really good option to me.

r/Esteemed Rat

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill may not be a long term option, but he’s probably not going to strike out more than Carpenter has been, and will provide some actual hits, maybe some steals, and good defense, none of which Carp provides.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Rats, we know the guys you don’t like. Is there anyone on the roster you think should actually be playing?

All I can recall is that you wanted them to sign Jon Jay, who is about done.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I like all the players. But O’Neill has been around for four years, not done much offensively and continues to strikeout all the time.

As I said before the season started, there are a few players that I feel 2021 is a make-or-break year for them. Carpenter, Martinez, Reyes, and O’Neill.

Hopefully all of them will find some fountain somewhere and start to produce.

r/Esteemed Rat

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

I’m encouraged by our starters doing better of late. Shame we didn’t win games, but their improvement will also fix our bullpen, with less overuse.

Nothing cures like winning. Any time, boys….

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe O’Neill is the next Adolis Garcia. Both strike out a lot.

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years