2021 Cardinals MLB Game 157 thread – Tuesday, September 28 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 157 thread – Tuesday, September 28 vs. Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:40 p.m.
    RHP Adam Wainwright (16-7, 3.05) vs. RHP Brandon Woodruff (9-10, 2.52)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSE in TN, KY and MS

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I assume Wainwright is pitching on the normal four days of rest so, in case of a meltdown, he would be ready for Game #162 on Sunday if it means something.

But, since it won’t, I assume he will not be on the mound on Sunday. But he will be ready for the wild card game next, when….Wednesday?

Either way, it’s going to be a long wait until Tuesday night when they go for #17. Jeepers, they couldnt run out the schedule the rest of the way, could they?

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This series could very well be a precursor of the 2021 NLCS. The seemingly perpetual win streak would be nice to keep intact, but honestly, I wouldn’t mind seeing us lose a game or even two in this series. Don’t ask me why, but I think it would bode well for our chances of success in the NLCS.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Giants and Dodgers both win today. The Dodgers stay two games behind with six to play. Starting to look more and more like another trip to Dodger Stadium.

But one never knows. The Giants have Arizona and San Diego. The Dodgers have San Diego and Milwaukee.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I just hope waino can get back in stride and have a solid game, win or lose. I know everyone is saying he is going to be the wild card starter but it isn’t a done deal. It makes the most sense but ive seen managers take a different strategy.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Jeepers, they couldnt run out the schedule the rest of the way, could they?

null

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It wouldn’t surprise me to see Lester get the wild card start.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Don’t ask me why, but I think it would bode well for our chances of success in the NLCS.

Thinking big (NLCS) already, huh Pugs? I guess success abounds in your sports world now. The Bucks, now the Cards, and Crosby just booted a 51-yard dagger through the 49ers’ hearts. Maybe all that makes it bode well for the redbirds.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hotter than a firecracker lately, Euro Dandy. So much so that when Crosby lined up for that 51 yard field goal a few minutes ago, I knew he’d nail it, so I opted to go grab another brewski from the fridge than watching the kick. I’m looking past the WC game in LA, as I think it’s a foregone conclusion that we’ll take it to them. I didn’t even buy a Powerball ticket last night in fear that it would put an abrupt end to that huge 500+ million dollar jackpot. Let’s see that jackpot get super big.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Time to break out those Dizzy Dean jerseys (#17) and wear them to the park Tuesday night.

How much good fortune can one club have? We have it going in all phases of the game, including getting all the breaks. In that Cub series, there were a couple of times where the ball was in the Cub player’s mitt, only to not quite stick. Meanwhile we mess up a play and it still works out, like Arenado slipping on that infield pop up in the ninth, yet getting an out anyway.

Great to see those young players mature. I hope to see Sosa back soon though. We will need our best lineup in the post season.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nootbaar is at 22.8 PAs per home run. So if he had 662 PAs like Goldschmidt he would have 29 homers.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

We are now down to the nitty gritty of the 2021 season and our man Wainwright is just the guy I want to see on the hump. Nobody can say we lack momentum, nobody can say we lack the talent, nobody can say Cardinal fandom lacks enthusiasm. So let’s get this thing done and win number 17! Rah Cardinals!

To mark the occasion, I shall momentarily be consuming prodigious amounts of veal scalopini, fresh noodles and a large salad. As I have no access to Popeye’s cinnamon apple pies, I’ll have to make do with one or two homemade apple cider donuts.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Me and Whitey Herdog will be tuning in to this one tonight. Then upon conclusion of the Brewers/Cards we will be tuning in to the Padres/Dodgers battle from Dodger Stadium. And probably three cigars during the course of the evening.

And speaking of Whitey Herdog, she is about to get her bi-annual bath momentarily. Have to be a little careful with that because of the IVDD issue she had about a year ago.

Then after Whitey’s bath I will be off to the driving range at French Lick to hit a couple of buckets of balls.

Din-din today was a Subway steak & cheese, baked beans, a glass of water, and a big bowl of Prairie Farm’s chocolate ice cream.

r/Esteemed Rat

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

According to blingboy’s calculation, Nootbaar is something of a home run threat. I hope he makes the ballclub next spring. As a side note, Nootbaar, like Flaherty and Carlson, is mixed race. His mother is Japanese.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The only issue I see with nootbar is that he seems to be about all or nothing. He can lay down a good bunt though

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Blings’s calculations can never be sneezed at…..I think to a man, we already know that. With Bling and the esteemed Mudville summoning the issue, I think the probability looms high that Lars will be launching one tonight.

I get a kick out of Rat’s diet. He’ll have fried chicken with all of the fixings and 2 pieces of cherry pie with a couple Klondike bars for good measure and it’s all healthy for him as long as he opts for water instead of a soda pop. And Cardinal In France’s din-din tonight of veal scaloppini just like GranMaMa used to concoct, fresh noodles, Cobb salad and apple cider donuts, is fit for something more grandiose than even the boldest of kings. Din-din dished my way tonight was a chicken sandwich with just mayo, fresh tomatoes with salt & pepper, potato salad and a heaping bowl of Breyer’s chocolate peanut butter ice cream with thin slices of bananas situated on top. Go Birds!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Diz

Let’s do this! (tried uploading a photo of a Dizzy Dean statue, but it looks like it did not work – Wish you could simply attach images on here)

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I get a kick out of Rat’s diet. He’ll have fried chicken with all of the fixings and 2 pieces of cherry pie with a couple Klondike bars for good measure and it’s all healthy for him as long as he opts for water instead of a soda pop.

Sounds like a buddy of mine’s dad back when we were kids. He was way overweight – like 5’8″ and maybe ran a good 265-270. One time I was hanging out at their house just as they were starting dinner, so I had to get out of there. But I noticed my buddy’s dad had this huge plate full of spaghetti, and his drink was a Tab (remember those). 🙂

I am batchin’ it this week, and the wifey is much better at creating meals than I am. So I will probably go for a chicken burrito, with slices of home grown tomato, salsa, some sharp cheddar, and side of refritos. Drink will be a cold, frosty one.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Diz

Let’s see if this works.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Still no go. How does Euro do that?

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

Yadi scratched for tonight. 🙁

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

“Still no go. How does Euro do that?”

When I do it…. I have an account at Imgur.com and I have to upload the image there… then I have to share the link to the image in my message.

I guess this platform doesn’t have the server capacity to hold all the images that we would attach.
    I can understand that.

It’s a pain to do…. but it accomplishes the task.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Euro is a tech magician, BicycleMike. I’m envious of you being on the receiving end of a week of bachelorhood, Mike. Boy what I wouldn’t do right now with an entire week of freedom….. especially with playoffs knocking on our door. Just what would you do for an entire week with the wifey out of town? I could think of at least 100 things off the top of my head. You’re a lucky man, BicycleMike!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Thanks Tacurlo. I have the image on OneDrive, and used the option to “view online”, and copied the link from there onto the post. Thought that might work but alas, no go.

And I have to admit Pugs, this is pretty nice batchin’ it. I can watch the Cardinal game without any condescending comments about “baseball again!”

But I sincerely love the lady and we are pals, as well as spouses, lovers and all that. However, sometimes it is nice just having the house to yourself. And my wife would say the same thing. Last week I was gone and she was the one here. So we are apart from each other for two weeks. This is the first time we have been apart this long in our 20 year marriage. I think she likes me more when we are apart. Her texts seem more touching – like she will call me “love”’and things like that. At home it isn’t usually that way. 🧐

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    6. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    7. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    8. Andrew Knizner (R) C
    9. Adam Wainwright (R) P

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years