2021 Cardinals MLB Game 155 thread – Saturday, September 25 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 155 thread – Saturday, September 25 at Cubs

Viewing 22 posts - 51 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Incredible! I have never seen a double run down “double play” in a big league game. Man, Bader creates a run totally on his own! Terrible AB by Nooty though. Takes two pitches he could have driven, and swings at one in the dirt.

Think Bader may be out though…nope!! Bader is the man today!! That old St. Louis spirit!!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Then DeJong hammers one!!! Like Jack Buck said, “I don’t believe what I just saw!”

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

My God what an inning!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

The way this is going I thought Carpenter would get hit one out. But he is still the same old Carp – er K-arp.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carp has to know he isn’t going to get calls. Have to make contact if it is close with two strikes.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Man this is fun!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

If these Cardinals of the last two weeks were an election, the opponents would be howling fraud.

This just does not look like the team we have watched most of the year. Something funny must be going on. Are they stealing signs? Did they cork the bats? Someone will be calling for an investigation.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

You wonder how Garcia was available. His pitches have a lot of movement.

1982 willie
    Participant

Happ seems to hit garcia well. I think that’s a good thing for Cardinals to know going forward to next season or this one if still meaningful game next week.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

null

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Nice Euro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1982 willie
    Participant

That was a fun game especially the later part. Hard to believe we are 17 games over 500. But it just seems like everyone is getting into the act. Different guys doing it different days. Look forward to tomorrow.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

That is something like our third 8-5 win in our last 5 or 6 games.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Hey Mike, no corked bats or anything like that. Shildt just found a good deal on a stash of easy buttons. I hope he has about 19 left to use. It seems so effortless now.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Just win baby!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

It does. Whatever Shildt does works. I can’t do my usual complaining about his batting orders or not keeping his starters in long enough.

When you win 15 in a row, you are doing things right. Shildt for MoY!! Moz for EoY!!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Great fun and ended in a bang! Go Cardinals!

1982 willie
    Participant

I read someone discounting the NL east champion far as a contender earlier. I don’t agree with that at all. You might could say that far as the braves though I wouldn’t agree but there’s no way you can dismiss Phillie if they win the division and since they play each other next week, it’s possible they do. While the Phillies don’t have the streak the Cardinals have, they have been playing a lot better, coming up with big comebacks and Harper has been great this second half.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Have we started thinking about that number 16 yet?

I believe I’ll take that thought to bed with me. Gnite.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just win baby!

This just never gets old……. especially in the midst of a 16 game win streak…..yes, we can put tomorrow’s game into the win column a bit early. Bravo TexasCard…..bravo!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s a lot of fun when you’re winning time and time again. Really like to see the team gelling and it seems they are having fun too. It’s become a memorable season even if it goes no further. But I don’t think any team wants to face a team with our Birds’ confidence in a 1 or 5 game series right now.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now this team needs that catchy gimmick to put the cherry on top to seal this 2021 campaign. It just can’t be a repeat..,….so forget unleasing that squirrel in the stadium, Rat. I’m trying to think of all of them since I was a kid, that helped propel it’s team to the crown: Been a bunch, here’s just a few:

– The Amazing Mets and “You Gotta Believe” from the WS champion ’69 Mets.

– Rally caps from the WS champion Red Sox.

– “We Are Family” from the WS champion Pirates

– The rally squirrel from the 2011 WS champion Cardinals.

– “The Swingin’ A’s & The Charlie O. mule from Oakland’s championship teams of the 70’s.

Viewing 22 posts - 51 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.