2021 Cardinals MLB Game 153 thread – Friday, September 24 at Cubs (DH G1)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 153 thread – Friday, September 24 at Cubs (DH G1)

Viewing 21 posts - 51 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Well, Reyes hasn’t lost his touch. Quick let’s make him a starter.

That’s the one that always gets me. Maybe he could be a starter, though, as in an opener who throws for 2 or 3 outs.

1982 willie
    Participant

It’s a shame McFarland had to be in this game but hopefully he does the job quickly.

1982 willie
    Participant

What the heck, bader blew that. He should have known the wind is blowing out. Break back not in.

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

Nothin like Reyes givin them the momentum

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Good one CIF , looks like he ran out of gas quick. Games almost over and now we’re going backwards. Got to keep the ball down.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well the old bullpen is back now

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Now Bader mis-reads what should’ve been a line out and out 3, but instead gives up 2 more runs. Then another run on a Contreras double. Score 8-5.

We go from Sosa’s HBP and possible bad injury, to Reyes’ blowup, to Bader’s mis-play that has allowed 3 extra runs. Still in good shape with 3 more outs to go, but need to get it together for the 7th inning.

1982 willie
    Participant

I thought shildt said arenado was going to take off. He’s not exactly doing that.

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

Id rather see rondon start shortstop in tonights game

1982 willie
    Participant

Well this is it. Last of the seventh. Does gallegos get it done. I’m warming up Whitley just in case if it’s me.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Carps back to playing for the walk again. I thought hes gonna be our new secret weapon. PDJ better pick up his hitting pretty quick depending on what happened with Sosa.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yea your’re right Jbrodie he can play SS and has come up with some good pinch hits too

1982 willie
    Participant

Thought that number was going to sneak by gallegos for a second.

1982 willie
    Participant

13 in a row. It wasn’t without it’s negatives but we got it done.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Solid save for Gallegos

1982 willie
    Participant

Happe was Budweiser player of game. Don’t know how that was. I Know he didnt give up any runs but really. I think goldy should have got it.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Still a W from my house. A little stutter step in the 6th but we get it. Winds blowing out hard at Wrigley. Just get it up deep and the wind will carry it over.Maybe thats how Kris “launch angle” Bryant got all those homers?

1982 willie
    Participant

I guess they have multiple players of the game which seems kind of ludicrous.goldy is the mid America player of the game.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Only getting 4 from Happ caused us to burn 3 relievers in a game we led 8-0 and another game this evening. You can’t sustain a winning streak with lame performances like that. Nothing wrong with the offense though.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Just win baby!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just win baby!

Is it just me? Because this never gets old. Keep em coming after each Cards triumph, TexasCard!

Viewing 21 posts - 51 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.