2021 Cardinals MLB Game 151 thread – Wednesday, Sept. 22 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 151 thread – Wednesday, Sept. 22 at Brewers

Viewing 24 posts - 51 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    forsch31
    Participant

Free

1982, Hudson should be the 5th starter next year.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

The faces of the Brewer fans, back behind Goldy’s close up shots on camera, tell it all.

Tscurlo, I can’t fault them, they’ve never seen a ball hit 700 feet before.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well I’ll have to wait til next year in spring training to assess Hudson far as being the fifth starter.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The umpire should be charged 500 dollars each for those blown calls at the plate. You take their money away for that and their strike zone will get better immediately.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now the umpire is being stupid with that high call to bader. If I was in charge, I would just fire him on the spot.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Amy looking good again tonight.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It would be nice to see miller have a good solid inning here.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Just win baby!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s 11 in a row. Can we make it 12. I won’t be able to watch it, got work but hopefully we get great pitching and the same hitting we had tonight.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another great win for the Redbirds! Mikolas with another good start. The pitching staff has done a great job against the Brewers. Hoping for the sweep tomorrow! Go get them Waino!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Good game for us. Great pitching , consistent offense and great defense. Don’t exagerate it though. The Brewers had a lot of miscues. Go Cardinals!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Would be nice if goldy and oneil can get to 30 homers. It’s been a long while since we’ve had three thirty homerun guys in same season.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

I think you keep DeJong as a DH option and spot starter on the left side of the infield? He’s cheap, a professional guy, and has some thunder.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Why would anybody want a sub-.200 DH?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

.200 and 25% K is a lot to tolerate for a homer a week. I turned in before PDJ entered but I assume he looked like he’s been looking on the 2 Ks.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Has anyone found/read an update on Arenado’s back since the game?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CFiCT…this was the quote from the ESPN article on the game:

Cardinals manager Mike Schildt was cautiously optimistic about Arenado in his postgame availability, but concerned nonetheless.

“It tightened up on him a little bit, and just wanted to get him out of there as a precaution,” he said. “There’s always some concern, but it felt better at the end of the game than it did when he got taken out.”

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32261014/nolan-arenado-leaves-back-tightness-st-louis-cardinals-get-win-11th-row

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Absolutely zero chance we’ll see Arenado start in today’s game. And that’s about all I have this morning, as I’m feeling the ill effects of a smuggled into the ballpark bottle of the Wild Turkey last night. Please everyone, no talk of din-din until at least noon today.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Obviously it’s not ideal having a sub .200 hitter but when the guy is already part of the club, a true pro, can play multiple IF positions and has legit pop it’s not the worst option in the world.
    If he could get up into the .230-.240 range with the same power that would get me a little more excited.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy is earning his money.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

“That’s 11 in a row. Can we make it 12. I won’t be able to watch it, got work but hopefully we get great pitching and the same hitting we had tonight.”

I hesitate to even bring up the streak…. cause it could possibly go south…just as fast as it went north. 🙁 🙁 🙁

Hopefully NOT!!!!! And the streak will continue.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

And Goldy should win a Gold Glove this year too.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy is earning his money.

I hope he keeps proving naysayers like me wrong. He looked like a possible mistake in 2019, even with the solid numbers. Last year felt like a late career renaissance, albeit short lasting. This year, even with the slow start and OBP drop he’s been as good as ever. Here’s hoping he repeats it the next few years and retires in the lore as one of the better extensions we’ve had lately, despite the cost. Sort of a new generation Matt Holliday.

Viewing 24 posts - 51 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years