2021 Cardinals MLB Game 14 thread – Saturday, April 17 at Phillies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 14 thread – Saturday, April 17 at Phillies

Viewing 23 posts - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I always thought Dejong usually started the season hitting well, and cooled off later.

1982 willie
    Participant

Anybody watching game, how many pitches did kim throw before he was taken out

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kim threw 68 itches.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Some sort of response to my John Holmes reference last night possibly???

Could be your reference rattled CIF, as I can hear my high school English teacher chiding him for not one, but two errors in his post. But you’d have to be thinking 12 (not “for”) with this type of subliminal connection, so CIF is probably innocent here.

1982 willie
    Participant

Thanks cardinals27

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Haha…funny, Euro! I thought that one single post last night would be just the thing to flush you out from the woods and into a place you belong…..that being our game threads.
    Anyone out there have a score? I left the game when it was 9-3 and I’m too lazy right now to navigate the web.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not to be a stick in the mud, but it took us 108 pitches to get thru 5 innings.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Bases loaded, nobody out for the Cardinals in the 6th

Yadi with 2 HR’s and a double so far today…

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

9-4 now. Yadi with a double to lead off the 6th and now bases load with no outs.

Pugs, this year I’m not feeling it like I normally do. Kinda like the team isn’t feeling it. I am staying somewhat informed by reading up after the fact, but not putting in the time I usually do. Maybe I’ll shake off the cobwebs by Memorial Day, like some say the team will.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well webb walks leadoff hitter, just like normal. Why is this guy still in the major leagues. No lead is safe with him

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Exactly, Euro Dandy. I liken your present funk to Paul Goldschmidt’s early season woos. You’re both perennial all stars who presently cannot get into the groove. But when you both finally see your way thru the fog, watch out! Get back to full strength soon, Euro……your team here needs you.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We might need to go with 16 pitchers and 10 position players.

1982 willie
    Participant

Should have went with fast ball hicks.

1982 willie
    Participant

Phillies. Have did our pitchers a favor by swinging at some of these pitches but I guess at around a 100 it’s hard to pick and choose.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The pitching can be bad as long as the other guy’s pitching is worse.

1982 willie
    Participant

I think we may have caught a break there at least from first glance.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

As an English major from back in the dark ages I suppose I should be ashamed.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards have used 69 itchers to date. To say this is unsustainable goes without saying.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

How many runs will we score tomorrow? lol

You know what! I wouldn’t care as long as we win the series. Just do that!

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Always good to win. Hopefully the bats have been treated for termites tonight so there are some runs left in them for tomorrow.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

As an English major from back in the dark ages I suppose I should be ashamed.

Ha, it’s probably just the early season rust like some are grinding through, but I bet your French is impeccable these days!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good to get the win today, although the offense is definitely streaky. Coming into today’s action the Cards were 21st in OPS although 4th in average exit velocity and 7th in barrels. Strikeout rate is middle of the pack. While it may be frustrating to watch at times, good things will happen if the team keeps hitting the ball hard.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Extremely refreshing seeing Paulie, Goldy and Carlson getting off the proverbial schneid in the City of Brotherly Love here this afternoon. How about this Carlson kid? Just like last season, he starts the campaign mired in an offensive slump. Yet look at his numbers. That’s a very reminiscent modus operandi of the great ones.

I still think we’re going to have to deal one of our bullpen arms for one of our glaring needs….like a hardy horse(how good would Lance Lynn look now) in the rotation. I have it whittled down to two possible centerpiece trade pieces. Either Reyes or Hicks. And I don’t think for a minute that Reyes is going to
    be starting next year. He’ll break down well before the calendar turns to June. At the end of the day, Genesis Cabrera just might end up having the best career of anyone presently in the St.Louis pen. We keep Cabby.

Viewing 23 posts - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years