2021 Cardinals MLB Game 14 thread – Saturday, April 17 at Phillies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 14 thread – Saturday, April 17 at Phillies

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

3:05 p.m.
    LHP Kwang Hyun Kim (season debut, 3-0, 1.62 in 2020) vs. LHP Matt Moore (0-0, 7.56)
    BSM // KMOX

David
    Participant

Free

Although we have had our struggles to begin the season, I am still optimistic about our season and we will turn it around. We are not the only team struggling right now. The Yankees, Braves, and Whitesox all picked by many to win their divisions have also had their struggles to the start the season so we’re not alone. For todays game…I’m expecting a good outing from KK ( 5-6 inn, O-1 run, 5-7Ks, O-1 BB). Cardinals get the lead earlier, with an insurance run late holding on for 4-1 victory. Go Cardinals

bccran
    Participant

Go get em, KK! If he’s effective it will make a big difference in the rotation.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Big game in the respect that if our boys go down to defeat again today, then don’t even bother watching Sunday’s game, as a Philadelphia sweep it will be. I’m torn with this one, but I’m hedging towards a St. Louis victory this afternoon. I’m calling it 7-4 Birds with Arenado launching a towering 2 run blow to the upper reaches of the left field rafters. What’s for din-din you may ask? Mushroom Asiago chicken, baby garlic asparagus spears, apple harvest salad, 3 Popeye’s apple cinnamon pies and in honor of the esteemed RatsBuddy, I’m having the wifey pick up a 12 pack of Sunkist orange soda pop today. And to RatsBuddy and the wiley MrPerkins, glad you liked the Holmes reference. Who knows, stay tuned, as I could see a game situation where a Ron Jeremy reference wouldn’t be out of the question….or terribly out of line as well, thus staying within the bounds of our stiff community standards.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Yadier Molina (R) C
    5. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    6. Austin Dean (R) LF
    7. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    8. Justin Williams (L) RF
    9. Kwang Hyun Kim (L) P

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lineup with 2021 PA BA OPS+ K%

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B 60 .309 +122 8%
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B 54 .235 + 72 22%
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B 55 .294 +144 20%
    4. Yadier Molina (R) C 47 .310 +141 21%
    5. Paul DeJong (R) SS 50 .143 + 61 34%
    6. Austin Dean (R) LF 20 .250 +138 30%
    7. Dylan Carlson (S) CF 48 .250 +145 27%
    8. Justin Williams (L) RF 33 .207 + 74 27%
    9. Kwang Hyun Kim (L) P

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sorry I can’t do columns

bccran
    Participant

Great info, BB. Thanks.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My take, 5 of the 8 have OPS+ over 100 but the bottom 4 have a K rate problem.

Let’s check Randy Arozarena 59 PA .264 +120 27%

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Me and Whitey Herdog will be tuned in for this one. Sitting on the couch with my old buddy Whitey along with a cigar and some Mt. Dew, doesnt get much better than that.

I agree with Pugs assessment. If we lose this one its a probable sweep. Then next week we will see both Scherzer and Strasburg. Could be bad the next few days.

r/Esteemed Rat

Edit: I cannot create my whole post because I am getting the error message. I guess nobody will know what I had for din-din today as a result.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We face a very beatable lefty today. Lets not make him look like the Big Unit out there.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well, that was scary. Going to give me trouble digesting my chicken livers sauteed in butter with shallots and sage, accompanied by French fries and a green salad. Plus raspberry/ chocolate cake.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Holy cow! I took the dog out for a pee and when I come back the Cards have for rubs!
    Rah Cardinals

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not a very chatty game thread, especially considering that we’re top dog on the scoreboard thru 3 complete. 6-3 your score with Yadi administering the big blow, a 3 run tater and Paulie D. throttling a solo shot. Need this game…..need it badly.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

Yadi is on FIRE!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CARDINAL IN FRANCE said:
    Holy cow! I took the dog out for a pee and when I come back the Cards have for rubs.

Some sort of response to my John Holmes reference last night possibly???

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like all these crooked numbers.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Right you are SteveO! Yadi with his second dinger on the early day and Arenado a towering majestic 2 run blow to the upper reaches of the left field rafters and just like that we lead it 9-3 with the good guys still batting in the 4th.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well cable still out so no game for me but nice seeing the bats come alive. Kim pitching ok. We may need all these runs before it’s through

1982 willie
    Participant

Yadi is doing incredible this year so far, arenado has been arenado which is a great thing. Nice to see goldy hitting wel this game.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

It looks like Yadi wants to be the cleanup hitter…

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like have always liked Yadi batting fourth. He could hit more home runs if he wanted to.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

He might like the idea of swinging for the fences a little more often. At least then, we don’t have to worry about his sprint speed on the bases.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I still would like to see the Cards kick the tires on Charlie Blackmon.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years